🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Americans rot in Iran prison while Obama orders release of Iranian prisoner

if the treaty is approved by congress, it comports with the law.

i'm not quite certain why you don't understand that treaties have full force of law.

I also don't understand why you don't understand that verification matters. why don't you think we should be able to verify the lack of nuclear weaponry. (and don't say that the 25 days gives them time.... it's much less time than the NRC has now after all the jerking everyone around happens).

just because the neocon loons, who have been wrong about EVERYTHING for the past fifteen years, say something doesn't make it true.

and you haven't read the deal. yes, neither have I but I haven't discounted it or made wild and unsubstantiated assertions about it.

carry on.

Did you know that America released an Iranian nuclear scientist just to MAKE this phoney deal.. I didn't. Until I ran across this thread.. What ELSE don't we know about "the negotiations"???

If Congress WERE to approve this turkey with the lifting of arms embargo, the AMOUNT of arms involved and the bloodshed around the world will be 100 times larger than the little Nicaraguan insurrection.. WHY would America want to do that???
What are they in jail for?
What were they supposed to have done?

Take the name of this ONE GUY from the OP material and google it. He IS an Iranian nuclear scientist who was caught shopping for prohibited nuclear parts, technology, items in California.. Was SILENTLY released by the Jerks in Charge back in 2013 as a PREcondition for the talks. They had him totally busted.
Sorry, I replied to the wrong post...why are the Americans in the Iranian jail?
For breaking Iranian laws, while in Iran.

maybe..... maybe not.

How do you all feel? Like idiots?
He was released to curry favor on the deal, whether it was today or 2 years ago. Feel like an idiot yet?

And whether you call our guys hostages or prisoners, it does not matter. They are being held on trumped up charges where their guy was an actual bonafided prisoner.
What's a few Americans in comparison to the legacy of Barack Obama. In his mind anyway, along with his clueless followers.
Maybe, unlike Reagan, he wasn't willing to trade them illegal arms?

The Israelis brokered the arms deal by selling TOW missiles and other hardware they had in their inventory to Iran and Reagan provided new weapons to Israel to replace them. What is your description of illegal weapons?

How do you all feel? Like idiots?
He was released to curry favor on the deal, whether it was today or 2 years ago. Feel like an idiot yet?

And whether you call our guys hostages or prisoners, it does not matter. They are being held on trumped up charges where their guy was an actual bonafided prisoner.
What's a few Americans in comparison to the legacy of Barack Obama. In his mind anyway, along with his clueless followers.
Maybe, unlike Reagan, he wasn't willing to trade them illegal arms?

The Israelis brokered the arms deal by selling TOW missiles and other hardware they had in their inventory to Iran and Reagan provided new weapons to Israel to replace them. What is your description of illegal weapons?

What is your description of 'arms for hostages'?

Stat

The Iranians laughed at Carter for 444 days, then released the hostages when Reagan was sworn in.... Even a village idiot can do the math on that one.

And Carter's incompetence helped cost him the election. If Carter arranged the release, like you say, why would he do it in such a way that he would LOSE his office???

It is well known that the Reagan team actually DELAYED the release of the hostages in order to make Carter look terrible.

So, back to real facts:

Iran hostage crisis negotiations - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

The actual vote in Iran to release the hostages was in JULY, 1980.

Warren Christopher, from Carter's Democratic administration, handled the negotiations.

Not one single person from the Reagan camp had a direct hand or an indirect hand in these negotiations.

Carter did not arrange the release, the negotiators, through very tense negotiations that also ran through the Algerians, arranged the release.

It was the Reagan camp that spread the rumor that Carter would try an "October Surprise" to attack and get the hostages that actually slowed down the process even more. The Algiers Accords were signed on January 19, 1981, by the Carter adminstration and the hostages were flown first to Algeria and then to the USA.

Don't even try to play coy with me on this one.

You posted:
"It is well known that the Reagan team actually DELAYED the release of the hostages in order to make Carter look terrible."

And then you posted:
"Not one single person from the Reagan camp had a direct hand or an indirect hand in these negotiations."
You really can't have it both ways.

Having them fight ISIS with us would be like conscripting the KKK to fight terrorism.. Iranians are embedding themselves in Iraq right now and probably will never leave.. Another bad policy vision in a long line of US bad policy decisions on the MidEast for the past 50 years..

If you remember -- this "agreement" didn't exist a week ago. And I already know enough that it was desperation and not competence that caused it. Obama LIED when he said the choice was between HIS agreement and WAR. And you apparently BOUGHT that line. But there WAS a third option.. And that was to keep doing what we were doing to HOBBLE Iran economically and militarily with sanctions and embargos.
No, China wasn't going to do that, nor was Russia. And the EU wasn't linking anything to the sanctions except nukes. So, you are making up shite for facts to support what you wanted to be the end game.

Personally, I'd have been for more sanctions till Iran gave up all Nuclear research, but the EU was not on board .... nor were China, for it's own obvious reasons, and Russia wants to sell them military stuff

The EU never lifted sanctions against Iran. Nor did they lift arms embargoes. So your comment "... the EU wasn't linking anything to the sanctions except nukes" is no excuse for NOT continuing it. If the EU refused, it's their party and Iran can hit them first with the ICBMs they are gonna build with any banking funds the EU would chose to release...
The EU expressly said sanctions were only tied to the nuke issue. They were not going to be strengthened if the "deal" was seen as good as that. YOU are making up shit. Russia wanted the arms embargo lifted.

Now if you have Link to support your necon fanatasy, put it the f up, or STFU

No need to get testy bud.. What ELSE would the sanctions NEED to be tied to?? Don't understand why you think the deal was about anything OTHER than the nuclear issue? EU STILL hasn't officially lifted sanctions or arms embargo even TODAY.... I'm not the one claiming that EU was gonna bail from Iranian sanctions. They'd LIKE to -- but you have no proof that they would... Far as I know, European States STILL make their own diplomatic deals. Or did they all trade all that sovereignty as well..

Don't give a crap about Putin.. He's sitting at the goofball table with his Goth friends. And if he LIKES that crowd and trusts them --- it's fine with me..
What I'm testy about is your bs notion that china, Russia and the EU were going to put on tougher sanctions instead of taking the deal. That's akin to "there really were womd in Iraq."

Don't need tighter sanctions. Just need them to continue. Before this heroic Don Quixote deal with 70 trips for Kerry whilst the world burns, Iran had a momentum and were very close to break-out. Still are. Too LATE to guarantee they won't get some bombs -- even WITH inspections..

So if we did NOTHING and continued the sanctions and Iran GETS/GOTS a bomb, They could rest assured that they would face one maybe TWO more decades of continuing sanctions. That's a hefty price. Let them THREATEN to USE IT while under these sanctions, and see how many hours pass before all those nuclear sites are glowing in the dark..

No, China wasn't going to do that, nor was Russia. And the EU wasn't linking anything to the sanctions except nukes. So, you are making up shite for facts to support what you wanted to be the end game.

Personally, I'd have been for more sanctions till Iran gave up all Nuclear research, but the EU was not on board .... nor were China, for it's own obvious reasons, and Russia wants to sell them military stuff

The EU never lifted sanctions against Iran. Nor did they lift arms embargoes. So your comment "... the EU wasn't linking anything to the sanctions except nukes" is no excuse for NOT continuing it. If the EU refused, it's their party and Iran can hit them first with the ICBMs they are gonna build with any banking funds the EU would chose to release...
The EU expressly said sanctions were only tied to the nuke issue. They were not going to be strengthened if the "deal" was seen as good as that. YOU are making up shit. Russia wanted the arms embargo lifted.

No need to get testy bud.. What ELSE would the sanctions NEED to be tied to?? Don't understand why you think the deal was about anything OTHER than the nuclear issue? EU STILL hasn't officially lifted sanctions or arms embargo even TODAY.... I'm not the one claiming that EU was gonna bail from Iranian sanctions. They'd LIKE to -- but you have no proof that they would... Far as I know, European States STILL make their own diplomatic deals. Or did they all trade all that sovereignty as well..

Don't give a crap about Putin.. He's sitting at the goofball table with his Goth friends. And if he LIKES that crowd and trusts them --- it's fine with me..
What I'm testy about is your bs notion that china, Russia and the EU were going to put on tougher sanctions instead of taking the deal. That's akin to "there really were womd in Iraq."

Don't need tighter sanctions. Just need them to continue. Before this heroic Don Quixote deal with 70 trips for Kerry whilst the world burns, Iran had a momentum and were very close to break-out. Still are. Too LATE to guarantee they won't get some bombs -- even WITH inspections..

So if we did NOTHING and continued the sanctions and Iran GETS/GOTS a bomb, They could rest assured that they would face one maybe TWO more decades of continuing sanctions. That's a hefty price. Let them THREATEN to USE IT while under these sanctions, and see how many hours pass before all those nuclear sites are glowing in the dark..

Man....you fail to understand. It's sad.

Ah, but it's a willful failure. Not uncommon with neocons who view America not only as morally superior to all others, but also with the power to force all others to our will.

Actually us 'neocons' sometimes go back and research actual documents that have been de-classified to get the real facts, rather than those fed to us.

Ah, but it's a willful failure. Not uncommon with neocons who view America not only as morally superior to all others, but also with the power to force all others to our will.

Which country does he represent?

"Now that the deal is done, and our fellow Americans left to rot, Obama has done the unthinkable.

Obama has ordered the release of a top Iranian scientist who was "arrested in California for attempting to acquire equipment for Iran’s military-nuclear programs.""

http://toprightnews.com/after-leaving-american-hostages-to-rot-in-iran-obama-just-did-the-unthinkable/

But this scientist is vital to Iran's nuclear weapons program.

Julies and Ethel were amateurs - Obama is a PROFESSIONAL traitor!

bg071615dAPR20150716024518.jpg

Ooooww.. That hurt. Because I'm not fond of "forcing others to our will". IN FACT, I very clearly supported letting Saddam Hussein OUT of containment and giving them their economy back. Because I really didn't care WHO ran Iraq. And I saw NO SOLID proof that Iraq was anywhere NEAR nuclear. Especially after Clinton bombed them DAILY for 8 years..

But Iran is different story. They HAVE threatened America and it's allies in the MidEast. And they are now supporting insurrections in Yemen Libya Egypt Syria and Gaza. They oppose the Caliphate because they want to BE the Caliphate. At least the Shiah version of it.. These guys are crazy dangerous.

And I would chance them building a handful of nukes UNDER SANCTIONS -- and then threatening to use them. Because that's all it would take to convince me of who was "forcing others to their will",.. And that threat would be on the last day that Iran would be close being a nuclear power..

Forum List

Back