🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Americans rot in Iran prison while Obama orders release of Iranian prisoner

Maybe, unlike Reagan, he wasn't willing to trade them illegal arms?
Yeah it's easier to Obama to make them legal and let them keep the Americans...Obama drives a hard bargain:slap:
Since when does signing a treaty mean if you broke the law in another nation you get to come home?

Obama is not breaking the law regarding strategic arms flowing in and out of IRAN.. He DEMOLISHED the law -- making it now LEGAL to supply the terrorist chain of Iran proxies all over the globe..

Crazy that you don't get that point.. As Prez, you can surreptiously BREAK the law --- OR --- you can just do away with it at your whim... Reagan had this silly notion that Congress and the American people should have something to say on smashing laws...

And I'm surprised that you don't understand how absurd your contentions are.

but then again, it's not like the right applies the same rules to this president that have been and are applied to any other.

*shrug*

So Obama DID NOT trade the END of that law for his misguided deal? That would be an absurd contention..
He DEMOLISHED it.. And Congress has yet to speak to that..

if the treaty is approved by congress, it comports with the law.

i'm not quite certain why you don't understand that treaties have full force of law.

I also don't understand why you don't understand that verification matters. why don't you think we should be able to verify the lack of nuclear weaponry. (and don't say that the 25 days gives them time.... it's much less time than the NRC has now after all the jerking everyone around happens).

just because the neocon loons, who have been wrong about EVERYTHING for the past fifteen years, say something doesn't make it true.

and you haven't read the deal. yes, neither have I but I haven't discounted it or made wild and unsubstantiated assertions about it.

carry on.

Yeah it's easier to Obama to make them legal and let them keep the Americans...Obama drives a hard bargain:slap:
Since when does signing a treaty mean if you broke the law in another nation you get to come home?

Obama is not breaking the law regarding strategic arms flowing in and out of IRAN.. He DEMOLISHED the law -- making it now LEGAL to supply the terrorist chain of Iran proxies all over the globe..

Crazy that you don't get that point.. As Prez, you can surreptiously BREAK the law --- OR --- you can just do away with it at your whim... Reagan had this silly notion that Congress and the American people should have something to say on smashing laws...

but then again, it's not like the right applies the same rules to this president that have been and are applied to any other.

*shrug*

So Obama DID NOT trade the END of that law for his misguided deal? That would be an absurd contention..

i'm not quite certain why you don't understand that treaties have full force of law.

I also don't understand why you don't understand that verification matters. why don't you think we should be able to verify the lack of nuclear weaponry. (and don't say that the 25 days gives them time.... it's much less time than the NRC has now after all the jerking everyone around happens).

just because the neocon loons, who have been wrong about EVERYTHING for the past fifteen years, say something doesn't make it true.

and you haven't read the deal. yes, neither have I but I haven't discounted it or made wild and unsubstantiated assertions about it.

carry on.

Did you know that America released an Iranian nuclear scientist just to MAKE this phoney deal.. I didn't. Until I ran across this thread.. What ELSE don't we know about "the negotiations"???

If Congress WERE to approve this turkey with the lifting of arms embargo, the AMOUNT of arms involved and the bloodshed around the world will be 100 times larger than the little Nicaraguan insurrection.. WHY would America want to do that???

*shrug*

carry on.

Did you know that America released an Iranian nuclear scientist just to MAKE this phoney deal.. I didn't. Until I ran across this thread.. What ELSE don't we know about "the negotiations"???

If Congress WERE to approve this turkey with the lifting of arms embargo, the AMOUNT of arms involved and the bloodshed around the world will be 100 times larger than the little Nicaraguan insurrection.. WHY would America want to do that???

again, your calling it a turkey and going off all askew is meaningless... particularly when ... again... YOU HAVEN'T READ THE DEAL.

I understand wingers would prefer we nuke iran, but most people understand that's kind of stupid... especially when we need them to fight against ISIS with us.... which is far more likely to have precipitated this proposed resolution than any of the half baked nonsense coming from the right...

or the OMG, how wonderful ... now we can sing kumbaya naivite from the further parts of the left.

Jillian

Don't you mean where they can take over Iraq, since Obozo's 60 nation coalition is pretty much a farce?????

*shrug*

carry on.

again, your calling it a turkey and going off all askew is meaningless... particularly when ... again... YOU HAVEN'T READ THE DEAL.

I understand wingers would prefer we nuke iran, but most people understand that's kind of stupid... especially when we need them to fight against ISIS with us.... which is far more likely to have precipitated this proposed resolution than any of the half baked nonsense coming from the right...

or the OMG, how wonderful ... now we can sing kumbaya naivite from the further parts of the left.

Having them fight ISIS with us would be like conscripting the KKK to fight terrorism.. Iranians are embedding themselves in Iraq right now and probably will never leave.. Another bad policy vision in a long line of US bad policy decisions on the MidEast for the past 50 years..

If you remember -- this "agreement" didn't exist a week ago. And I already know enough that it was desperation and not competence that caused it. Obama LIED when he said the choice was between HIS agreement and WAR. And you apparently BOUGHT that line. But there WAS a third option.. And that was to keep doing what we were doing to HOBBLE Iran economically and militarily with sanctions and embargos.

*shrug*

carry on.

Having them fight ISIS with us would be like conscripting the KKK to fight terrorism.. Iranians are embedding themselves in Iraq right now and probably will never leave.. Another bad policy vision in a long line of US bad policy decisions on the MidEast for the past 50 years..

If you remember -- this "agreement" didn't exist a week ago. And I already know enough that it was desperation and not competence that caused it. Obama LIED when he said the choice was between HIS agreement and WAR. And you apparently BOUGHT that line. But there WAS a third option.. And that was to keep doing what we were doing to HOBBLE Iran economically and militarily with sanctions and embargos.
No, China wasn't going to do that, nor was Russia. And the EU wasn't linking anything to the sanctions except nukes. So, you are making up shite for facts to support what you wanted to be the end game.

Personally, I'd have been for more sanctions till Iran gave up all Nuclear research, but the EU was not on board .... nor were China, for it's own obvious reasons, and Russia wants to sell them military stuff

carry on.

No, China wasn't going to do that, nor was Russia. And the EU wasn't linking anything to the sanctions except nukes. So, you are making up shite for facts to support what you wanted to be the end game.

Personally, I'd have been for more sanctions till Iran gave up all Nuclear research, but the EU was not on board .... nor were China, for it's own obvious reasons, and Russia wants to sell them military stuff

The EU never lifted sanctions against Iran. Nor did they lift arms embargoes. So your comment "... the EU wasn't linking anything to the sanctions except nukes" is no excuse for NOT continuing it. If the EU refused, it's their party and Iran can hit them first with the ICBMs they are gonna build with any banking funds the EU would chose to release...

If foreign policy was a poker game the White House would be dismantled and trucked away by every two bit country in the world. Barry Hussein can't seem to engage in foreign policy without kissing somebody's ass and giving something away. Here we are the greatest super power in the world and Barry acts as though we were a 3rd rate country something like the one he was allegedly born in. We could have gotten back every fugitive from Cuba like Joanne Chesimard who was convicted of the murder of a N.J. State Trooper and escaped but Barry don't seem the have the balls to make a good deal. There is no question that the U.N. security council would have backed our demand to release American prisoners from Iran but Barry didn't have the balls.
You've never negotiated anything have you?
It doesn't mean that one side gets everything.

*shrug*

carry on.

What are they in jail for?
What were they supposed to have done?

carry on.

The EU never lifted sanctions against Iran. Nor did they lift arms embargoes. So your comment "... the EU wasn't linking anything to the sanctions except nukes" is no excuse for NOT continuing it. If the EU refused, it's their party and Iran can hit them first with the ICBMs they are gonna build with any banking funds the EU would chose to release...
The EU expressly said sanctions were only tied to the nuke issue. They were not going to be strengthened if the "deal" was seen as good as that. YOU are making up shit. Russia wanted the arms embargo lifted.

Now if you have Link to support your necon fanatasy, put it the f up, or STFU

*shrug*

carry on.

Take the name of this ONE GUY from the OP material and google it. He IS an Iranian nuclear scientist who was caught shopping for prohibited nuclear parts, technology, items in California.. Was SILENTLY released by the Jerks in Charge back in 2013 as a PREcondition for the talks. They had him totally busted.

The EU expressly said sanctions were only tied to the nuke issue. They were not going to be strengthened if the "deal" was seen as good as that. YOU are making up shit. Russia wanted the arms embargo lifted.

No need to get testy bud.. What ELSE would the sanctions NEED to be tied to?? Don't understand why you think the deal was about anything OTHER than the nuclear issue? EU STILL hasn't officially lifted sanctions or arms embargo even TODAY.... I'm not the one claiming that EU was gonna bail from Iranian sanctions. They'd LIKE to -- but you have no proof that they would... Far as I know, European States STILL make their own diplomatic deals. Or did they all trade all that sovereignty as well..

Don't give a crap about Putin.. He's sitting at the goofball table with his Goth friends. And if he LIKES that crowd and trusts them --- it's fine with me..

*shrug*

carry on.

Take the name of this ONE GUY from the OP material and google it. He IS an Iranian nuclear scientist who was caught shopping for prohibited nuclear parts, technology, items in California.. Was SILENTLY released by the Jerks in Charge back in 2013 as a PREcondition for the talks. They had him totally busted.
Sorry, I replied to the wrong post...why are the Americans in the Iranian jail?

carry on.

Dont care as much about that as I care about Iranian nuclear scientists as a bargaining tool.

Those CENTRIFUGES aint the weapon.. It's the FUCKING SCIENTISTS that are the weapon....

carry on.

For breaking Iranian laws, while in Iran.

No need to get testy bud.. What ELSE would the sanctions NEED to be tied to?? Don't understand why you think the deal was about anything OTHER than the nuclear issue? EU STILL hasn't officially lifted sanctions or arms embargo even TODAY.... I'm not the one claiming that EU was gonna bail from Iranian sanctions. They'd LIKE to -- but you have no proof that they would... Far as I know, European States STILL make their own diplomatic deals. Or did they all trade all that sovereignty as well..

Don't give a crap about Putin.. He's sitting at the goofball table with his Goth friends. And if he LIKES that crowd and trusts them --- it's fine with me..
What I'm testy about is your bs notion that china, Russia and the EU were going to put on tougher sanctions instead of taking the deal. That's akin to "there really were womd in Iraq."

*shrug*

carry on.

She's an ideologue, not a rational, logical, thinker. No comment on the Americans being held? No comment on the process? pushing the security counsel to vote on this before congress looks at it? I would ask my friend Jillian, will you go along with Obama when he fails to block a "Palestinian" state approved by the security council? That should come this fall. Would you support the security council's declaration of a "Palestinian" state?:dunno:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back