🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Americans rot in Iran prison while Obama orders release of Iranian prisoner

Not gonna violate "Relevant Content" rules to take you down. Aint ever gotten a warning and I'm close to banning myself right now for thread derailment..
PM me.. You can open a thread in the FZone to brag about what you might lose.. :badgrin:
And the clown will lose it... We already know after the hostage crisis that a Republican President scares the crap out of Iran, so they won't risk waiting....

Not gonna violate "Relevant Content" rules to take you down. Aint ever gotten a warning and I'm close to banning myself right now for thread derailment..
PM me.. You can open a thread in the FZone to brag about what you might lose.. :badgrin:
And the clown will lose it... We already know after the hostage crisis that a Republican President scares the crap out of Iran, so they won't risk waiting....

Uhm, no. You are a full idiot.

The hostages were released right at Inauguration Day, 1981. The entire negotations were still handled to their logical end by the Carter administration, a DEMOCRATIC administration. History is laughing at you.

If foreign policy was a poker game the White House would be dismantled and trucked away by every two bit country in the world. Barry Hussein can't seem to engage in foreign policy without kissing somebody's ass and giving something away. Here we are the greatest super power in the world and Barry acts as though we were a 3rd rate country something like the one he was allegedly born in. We could have gotten back every fugitive from Cuba like Joanne Chesimard who was convicted of the murder of a N.J. State Trooper and escaped but Barry don't seem the have the balls to make a good deal. There is no question that the U.N. security council would have backed our demand to release American prisoners from Iran but Barry didn't have the balls.

What? Are you saying that you think someone will report you for stating your terms here and that another mod will give you a WARNING!!!??? Oh nooooooooooo!

Stop being a pussy and state your terms.

BOOKMARKED!!! I'm in.

What? Are you saying that you think someone will report you for stating your terms here and that another mod will give you a WARNING!!!??? Oh nooooooooooo!

Stop being a pussy and state your terms.

Ahhh, psssshah, I set up the deal-making elsewhere.

Let the deal-making begin!!!

Stat

The Iranians laughed at Carter for 444 days, then released the hostages when Reagan was sworn in.... Even a village idiot can do the math on that one.

And Carter's incompetence helped cost him the election. If Carter arranged the release, like you say, why would he do it in such a way that he would LOSE his office???

Stat

The Iranians laughed at Carter for 444 days, then released the hostages when Reagan was sworn in.... Even a village idiot can do the math on that one.

And Carter's incompetence helped cost him the election. If Carter arranged the release, like you say, why would he do it in such a way that he would LOSE his office???

It is well known that the Reagan team actually DELAYED the release of the hostages in order to make Carter look terrible.

So, back to real facts:

Iran hostage crisis negotiations - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

The actual vote in Iran to release the hostages was in JULY, 1980.

Warren Christopher, from Carter's Democratic administration, handled the negotiations.

Not one single person from the Reagan camp had a direct hand or an indirect hand in these negotiations.

Carter did not arrange the release, the negotiators, through very tense negotiations that also ran through the Algerians, arranged the release.

It was the Reagan camp that spread the rumor that Carter would try an "October Surprise" to attack and get the hostages that actually slowed down the process even more. The Algiers Accords were signed on January 19, 1981, by the Carter adminstration and the hostages were flown first to Algeria and then to the USA.

Don't even try to play coy with me on this one.

Stat

It is well known that the Reagan team actually DELAYED the release of the hostages in order to make Carter look terrible.

So, back to real facts:

Iran hostage crisis negotiations - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

The actual vote in Iran to release the hostages was in JULY, 1980.

Warren Christopher, from Carter's Democratic administration, handled the negotiations.

Not one single person from the Reagan camp had a direct hand or an indirect hand in these negotiations.

Carter did not arrange the release, the negotiators, through very tense negotiations that also ran through the Algerians, arranged the release.

It was the Reagan camp that spread the rumor that Carter would try an "October Surprise" to attack and get the hostages that actually slowed down the process even more. The Algiers Accords were signed on January 19, 1981, by the Carter adminstration and the hostages were flown first to Algeria and then to the USA.

Don't even try to play coy with me on this one.

He isn't being coy. He believes the bullshit. That one doesn't have the intellect to be one of the pushers of bad info. He's a consumer. No doubt.

i'm looking, i'm looking, i'm looking....

nope, just can't seem to find any fucks to give about idiots that got themselves arrested in iran.

Stat

You DO realize that the agreement wasn't signed until after Reagan won the election, and right before he took office, don't you??

From your source:

Despite rumors that Carter might pull out an "October Surprise" and get the hostages home before the election, negotiations dragged on for months, even after Republican Ronald Reagan's landslide victory in November.[11]

Ronald Reagan defeated Jimmy Carter in the November 1980 presidential electionwith pressure being added to the negotiations by the President-Elect's talk of not paying "ransom for people who have been kidnapped by barbarians".[9]

And your own article even states that Iran delayed the Release until Reagan took office:

The hostages were released on January 20, 1981, the day President Carter's term ended. While Carter had an "obsession" with finishing the matter before stepping down, the hostage-takers are thought to have wanted the release delayed as punishment for his perceived support for the Shah.[16]

He was released to curry favor on the deal, whether it was today or 2 years ago. Feel like an idiot yet?

And whether you call our guys hostages or prisoners, it does not matter. They are being held on trumped up charges where their guy was an actual bonafided prisoner.
What's a few Americans in comparison to the legacy of Barack Obama. In his mind anyway, along with his clueless followers.
Maybe, unlike Reagan, he wasn't willing to trade them illegal arms?
Yeah it's easier to Obama to make them legal and let them keep the Americans...Obama drives a hard bargain:slap:
Since when does signing a treaty mean if you broke the law in another nation you get to come home?

Obama is not breaking the law regarding strategic arms flowing in and out of IRAN.. He DEMOLISHED the law -- making it now LEGAL to supply the terrorist chain of Iran proxies all over the globe..

Crazy that you don't get that point.. As Prez, you can surreptiously BREAK the law --- OR --- you can just do away with it at your whim... Reagan had this silly notion that Congress and the American people should have something to say on smashing laws...
That must have been why he secretly traded arms to a sworn enemy of the U.S. to fund an illegal war.

What Obama does is legal, what Reagan did was illegal.

Stat

You DO realize that the agreement wasn't signed until after Reagan won the election, and right before he took office, don't you??

From your source:

Despite rumors that Carter might pull out an "October Surprise" and get the hostages home before the election, negotiations dragged on for months, even after Republican Ronald Reagan's landslide victory in November.[11]

Ronald Reagan defeated Jimmy Carter in the November 1980 presidential electionwith pressure being added to the negotiations by the President-Elect's talk of not paying "ransom for people who have been kidnapped by barbarians".[9]

And your own article even states that Iran delayed the Release until Reagan took office:

The hostages were released on January 20, 1981, the day President Carter's term ended. While Carter had an "obsession" with finishing the matter before stepping down, the hostage-takers are thought to have wanted the release delayed as punishment for his perceived support for the Shah.[16]

You are still missing the point.

No one from the Reagan administration negotiated or carried this agreement to it's end. It was the Carter administration that did this. The actual framework for the negotiation was finished before the election.

And the perception that Carter was partial to the Shah is because former SOS Kissinger fucked this nation over and convinced Carter to allow the Shah into the USA for a heart operation. That is actually what started the whole shlamazel in the first place. Kissinger visited Carter 6 times and begged him to let the Shah come to the USA. Carter said NO the first 5 times, relented the sixth time. That was Carter's mistake.

Extreme partisan hacks like you will never understand this. And also for this reason, I will never trust a Republican in my life.

But thanks for showing us how much you love the Iranians over the Americans. I kind of expect that from a Rightie these days.

Face it, Stat

In light of the fact that Iran even talked about putting the hostages on trial as spies at one point, they had zero respect for (or fear of) Carter, and they only signed the deal after Reagan was elected.

He was released to curry favor on the deal, whether it was today or 2 years ago. Feel like an idiot yet?

And whether you call our guys hostages or prisoners, it does not matter. They are being held on trumped up charges where their guy was an actual bonafided prisoner.
What's a few Americans in comparison to the legacy of Barack Obama. In his mind anyway, along with his clueless followers.
Yeah it's easier to Obama to make them legal and let them keep the Americans...Obama drives a hard bargain:slap:
Since when does signing a treaty mean if you broke the law in another nation you get to come home?

Obama is not breaking the law regarding strategic arms flowing in and out of IRAN.. He DEMOLISHED the law -- making it now LEGAL to supply the terrorist chain of Iran proxies all over the globe..

Crazy that you don't get that point.. As Prez, you can surreptiously BREAK the law --- OR --- you can just do away with it at your whim... Reagan had this silly notion that Congress and the American people should have something to say on smashing laws...

And I'm surprised that you don't understand how absurd your contentions are.

but then again, it's not like the right applies the same rules to this president that have been and are applied to any other.

*shrug*

And I'm surprised that you don't understand how absurd your contentions are.

but then again, it's not like the right applies the same rules to this president that have been and are applied to any other.

*shrug*

So Obama DID NOT trade the END of that law for his misguided deal? That would be an absurd contention..
He DEMOLISHED it.. And Congress has yet to speak to that..

Forum List

Back