🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Americans Trust Trump Administration More Than News Media in New Poll

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
Missouri

An Emerson College poll found that 49 percent of U.S. voters believe that the Trump administration is “truthful,” while only 39 percent feel that way about the news media. Worse, for the so-called “opposition party,” 53 percent of those surveyed described the media as “untruthful.”

The poll, released on Tuesday, also showed that Americans are divided on Trump’s performance so far — 48 percent of registered voters approve of the job that Trump is doing, compared to 47 percent who disapprove.

The top "Emerson College" link will take you directly to the original poll results.

The MSM have earned the distrust of the American people. They have become nothing but the propaganda arm of liberalism. I think these numbers speak for themselves...there is very little trust in news medias honest reporting. Now spin, spin, spin your way to 20% in the next four years.

An Emerson College poll found that 49 percent of U.S. voters believe that the Trump administration is “truthful,” while only 39 percent feel that way about the news media. Worse, for the so-called “opposition party,” 53 percent of those surveyed described the media as “untruthful.”

The poll, released on Tuesday, also showed that Americans are divided on Trump’s performance so far — 48 percent of registered voters approve of the job that Trump is doing, compared to 47 percent who disapprove.

The top "Emerson College" link will take you directly to the original poll results.

The MSM have earned the distrust of the American people. They have become nothing but the propaganda arm of liberalism. I think these numbers speak for themselves...there is very little trust in news medias honest reporting. Now spin, spin, spin your way to 20% in the next four years.

Way to "bury the headline."

From the Emerson poll's report:
  • The...Emerson College’s Spring 2017 semester shows the nation is split on Donald Trump’s performance as President so far with 48% of registered voters approve of the job that Trump is doing, versus 47% that disapprove. Republicans approve of Trump 89%/5%, while Democrats disapprove of the President by a margin of 81% to 17%. Trump’s failure to pass the 50% threshold for approval can be accredited to his standing among independents, who disapprove of him 52%/42%.
Additional content from the poll:
  • The partisan split [Trump vs. press honesty] is clear – 89% of Republicans find the Trump administration truthful, versus 77% of Democrats who find the administration untruthful. Conversely, 69% of Democrats find the news media truthful, while a whopping 91% of Republicans consider them untruthful. Independents consider both untruthful – the Trump administration by a margin of 42%/52% and the news media by a margin of 45%/47%.
  • Voters prefer Gorsuch to former Obama nominee Merrick Garland by a 10-point margin, 39%/29%, though 14% of voters indicated that they would prefer somebody else altogether. Independents are evenly split between the two – each judge receives 28% support from independent voters, while 26% of independents want somebody else.
  • Kellyanne Conway, a frequent face of the administration on television who recently made headlines by coining the phrase “alternative facts,” holds a favorability ratio of 39%/45%, a net favorability of -6%.
  • Significantly less popular is Steve Bannon, a controversial figure in the administration who is viewed favorably by only 34% of voters, while 47% view him unfavorably – a net favorability of -13%.

Way to "bury the headline."

From the Emerson poll's report:
  • The...Emerson College’s Spring 2017 semester shows the nation is split on Donald Trump’s performance as President so far with 48% of registered voters approve of the job that Trump is doing, versus 47% that disapprove. Republicans approve of Trump 89%/5%, while Democrats disapprove of the President by a margin of 81% to 17%. Trump’s failure to pass the 50% threshold for approval can be accredited to his standing among independents, who disapprove of him 52%/42%.
Additional content from the poll:
  • The partisan split [Trump vs. press honesty] is clear – 89% of Republicans find the Trump administration truthful, versus 77% of Democrats who find the administration untruthful. Conversely, 69% of Democrats find the news media truthful, while a whopping 91% of Republicans consider them untruthful. Independents consider both untruthful – the Trump administration by a margin of 42%/52% and the news media by a margin of 45%/47%.
  • Voters prefer Gorsuch to former Obama nominee Merrick Garland by a 10-point margin, 39%/29%, though 14% of voters indicated that they would prefer somebody else altogether. Independents are evenly split between the two – each judge receives 28% support from independent voters, while 26% of independents want somebody else.
  • Kellyanne Conway, a frequent face of the administration on television who recently made headlines by coining the phrase “alternative facts,” holds a favorability ratio of 39%/45%, a net favorability of -6%.
  • Significantly less popular is Steve Bannon, a controversial figure in the administration who is viewed favorably by only 34% of voters, while 47% view him unfavorably – a net favorability of -13%.

OOOOOOOkay...Trump is +1 approve/disapprove...folks like Gorsuch over Merrick by +10 and some unelected people didn't do as well. What's your point?

Trump started out at like -18 approve/disapprove...so +1 is awesome after 17 days in office with all his Executive Orders getting nothing but bad press.

But that comes right back to the OP...people do not trust the media...believe the media has their thumb on the scales to undermine Trump in specific and Republicans in general. Folks are waking up...reading between the lines...and it is wonderful.

Well...wonderful for us.

As Trump continues to lie on the average of 3 times a day.
These are the same people that Trump convinced that the press is the enemy ( for reporting his lies, fabrications and distortions)
Without a free press we are Russia.
Oh wait.

I always find it both humorous and disingenuous when people conveniently cite the polls that fulfill their desired narrative. It's all the more humorous when they cherry pick info from the poll in question.

What it most is, however, is telling with regard to the member who does such things. It's a clear indicator of their lack of discursive integrity. I really have no time for people like that. I won't waste my energies trying to have an adult conversation with people who have as their objective being a partisan agenda.

Elected folks and their paid mouthpieces do that more than enough. Partisanship, and the rhetoric spewn to further the cause thereof, calls deep into doubt the authenticity of such individuals patriotism and concern for their countrymen. Being part of the echo chamber that does it as well is beneath me; it should be beneath every U.S. citizen, but clearly it's not. At the very least one would expect it to be beneath people who willfully joined USMB and claim to desire to participate on this site for the purpose of engaging in substantive political debate. Clearly that too is not the case.

Polling merely measures the effectiveness of manipulating public opinion. Those who equate Trump's hyperbole with the carefully crafted misinformation propagated daily by the MSM, are either myotic or willing foot soldiers of the radial Left.

why would anyone not trust him to be truthful, so far he has come out and said some pretty fucked up things as far as what he thinks, things that allowed the left to take and run touchdowns on their attempt to discredit him.
He has to know in advance that what he is about to say is going to piss people off or sound really bad, but he says it anyway.
Like him or not, I do think he says what he is thinking, although I think he might want to stop doing it on twitter like some damn 12 year old pissed off because he is stuck in his moms basement on restriction.

As Trump continues to lie on the average of 3 times a day.
These are the same people that Trump convinced that the press is the enemy ( for reporting his lies, fabrications and distortions)
Without a free press we are Russia.
Oh wait.
press is the opposition party. their call.

I always find it both humorous and disingenuous when people conveniently cite the polls that fulfill their desired narrative. It's all the more humorous when they cherry pick info from the poll in question.

What it most is, however, is telling with regard to the member who does such things. It's a clear indicator of their lack of discursive integrity. I really have no time for people like that. I won't waste my energies trying to have an adult conversation with people who have as their objective being a partisan agenda.

Elected folks and their paid mouthpieces do that more than enough. Partisanship, and the rhetoric spewn to further the cause thereof, calls deep into doubt the authenticity of such individuals patriotism and concern for their countrymen. Being part of the echo chamber that does it as well is beneath me; it should be beneath every U.S. citizen, but clearly it's not. At the very least one would expect it to be beneath people who willfully joined USMB and claim to desire to participate on this site for the purpose of engaging in substantive political debate. Clearly that too is not the case.

Let's cut the verbosity. You claimed I "buried the headline", I countered that not only was that not the case, but the headline you claimed I buried is actually good news.

Now, you want to take your ball and go home?

Well...bye.

So, basically, the Liar in Chief lies, and then the lying media fact checks him, but their own credibility is so deep in the sewer, Trump gets away with his lies.

It also helps that his Chumps live and breathe by the mantra, "I want to bleev it, so it must be true!"

This is why integrity is so important, boys and girls. The media has destroyed theirs, and that's why we have Trump, who lies even more than they do.

We see this tu quoque defense every single time. When Trump lies, the rubes come right back with "Obama lied, too!"

Well, they don't say "too" because that's an admission they know Trump is lying.

Thank god we have polls to tell us how we feel.

Do you need a poll to tell you how you feel?

I like to read polls to reassure myself the rest of the country isn't as insane as leftwing libs.

According to this poll, common sense ever so slightly prevails.

So, basically, the Liar in Chief lies, and then the lying media fact checks him, but their own credibility is so deep in the sewer, Trump gets away with his lies.

It also helps that his Chumps live and breathe by the mantra, "I want to bleev it, so it must be true!"

This is why integrity is so important, boys and girls. The media has destroyed theirs, and that's why we have Trump, who lies even more than they do.

We see this tu quoque defense every single time. When Trump lies, the rubes come right back with "Obama lied, too!"

Well, they don't say "too" because that's an admission they know Trump is lying.
They do have medications now, Just saying.

Then take some.

Take a lot.

Then take some.

Take a lot.
well, thats not exactly what I was suggesting.
I am being friendly and helpful, you on the other hand have been showing some very serious depression and anger ever since the elections.
Im only trying to help you live a happier more productive life. Please dont take offense at my concern and deisre to see you well.
Its called compassion.
Have you considered a safe place? maybe a kitten?

Polling merely measures the effectiveness of manipulating public opinion. Those who equate Trump's hyperbole with the carefully crafted misinformation propagated daily by the MSM, are either myotic or willing foot soldiers of the radial Left.

Absolutely. Well said.

Yep...everyone who disagrees with you is a rube. G5000 is talking to you, Michiganers, and you, Pennsylvanians, and you, Wisconsinites, and you West Virginians, and you North Dakotans and especially you, Missourians. If you voted for and support Trump, you are nothing but a bunch of rubes.

2018 is right around the corner. Let's send another message to the elitists...they clearly haven't gotten the message yet.

Untitled23.png

These are the Senate seats that will be up for grabs in the 2018 midterms...start today in dedicating your time and resources to defeating the Democrat Senators in the 'rube' states...super-majority 2019!

why would anyone not trust him to be truthful, so far he has come out and said some pretty fucked up things as far as what he thinks, things that allowed the left to take and run touchdowns on their attempt to discredit him.
He has to know in advance that what he is about to say is going to piss people off or sound really bad, but he says it anyway.
Like him or not, I do think he says what he is thinking, although I think he might want to stop doing it on twitter like some damn 12 year old pissed off because he is stuck in his moms basement on restriction.

Because he is truthful.

So far the biggest criticism of Trump seems to be that he is doing "exactly what he promised".

Forum List

Back