🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Americans vs. Government

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
1. In 1883, 9-year-old Willa Cather moved to bleak Nebraska. She came from the site of George Washington's headquarters during the Seven Year War, and Stonewall Jackson's in the Civil War: Winchester, Virginia. Other members of her family had already gone to Nebraska, and suffered the shock that settlers felt when they left the forests behind, and entered the wide, empty Great Plains.
You can feel it in "Little House on the Prairie," by Laura Ingalls Wilder, too.

2. "One January day, thirty years ago, the little town of Hanover, anchored on a windy Nebraska tableland, was trying not to be blown away. A mist of fine snowflakes was curling and eddying about the cluster of low drab buildings huddled on the gray prairie, under a gray sky. The dwelling-houses were set about haphazard on the tough prairie sod; some of them looked as if they had been moved in overnight,.... On the sidewalk in front of one of the stores sat a little Swede boy, crying bitterly."
O Pioneers!, by Willa Cather; Part I: The Wild Land Chapter I Page 1

3. "The record of the plow was insignificant, like the feeble scratches on stone left by prehistoric races, so indeterminate that they may, after all, be only the markings of glaciers, and not a record of human strivings. In eleven long years John Bergson had made but little impression upon the wild land he had come to tame. It was still a wild thing that had its ugly moods; and no one knew when they were likely to come, or why." "O Pioneers! "by Willa Cather

a. "Blizzards killed cattle, horses broke legs in prairie-dog holes, hogs died of cholera, crops withered."
" Freedom Just Around the Corner: A New American History: 1585-1828," by Walter A. McDougall, p. 11.

These are the Americans.
They were willing to bear the hardships, danger, the whims of weather......
They displayed the kind of spirit one associates with "Americans" who tamed a continent and gave birth to the greatest nation that history had ever seen.

They deserved a commensurate government.

What sort of homage did the government pay to the progeny of those settlers?

Last edited:
Willa Cather was a lesbian. Your conservative pals consider her a pervert, not an American.

And, as is typical of the liberal mentality, you equate a person's observation to their person. In other words, when a conservative voices an opinion (that you don't like) you attack the person's character. In your post above you assume that conservatives think like you do -- but we don't. I don't have to accept the lesbian lifestyle to admire something a lesbian says or does in other areas of her life. I happen to like Elton John music but I don't accept his lifestyle.

The concept of America versus the government is ridiculous. Our government, thanks to the founders, is made up of We the People.

And we can thank our conservative, Christian founders for fighting and dying so that "we the people" can enjoy our freedom, liberty, and personal rights.

These are the Americans.
They displayed the kind of spirit one associates with "Americans" who tamed a continent and gave birth to the greatest nation that history had ever seen.

Confiscatory Taxation. Onerous Regulation. Massive Military Industrial Complex. Instituted Political Correctness. Banker Devalued Currency. Manufacturing Jobs shipped overseas. Police State. Gov't Surveillance Grid. Corporations control Government. Corporations Write Laws that get passed by corrupt Govt's.

But it's ok we got "57 channels of sh*t on the TV to choose from!". That's Freedom!

Let's chant together!: USA! USA! USA!

Willa Cather was a lesbian. Your conservative pals consider her a pervert, not an American.

And, as is typical of the liberal mentality, you equate a person's observation to their person. In other words, when a conservative voices an opinion (that you don't like) you attack the person's character. In your post above you assume that conservatives think like you do -- but we don't. I don't have to accept the lesbian lifestyle to admire something a lesbian says or does in other areas of her life. I happen to like Elton John music but I don't accept his lifestyle.

Let me give my opinion: NYCarbuncle's post is consistent with all of his endeavors.

He is a lying loser, and if he can't insert a lie, he will obfuscate....as the did here.

As he is used to dealing with the echo chamber, i.e., other Liberals, also not too swift on the uptake, changing the subject might work.

Not here.

These are the Americans.

If you oppose Obama and the Democrats, that's one thing, they're people, but if you're bashing America, how does that make you any better than the Marxists you're constantly bashing?

These are the Americans.

If you oppose Obama and the Democrats, that's one thing, they're people, but if you're bashing America, how does that make you any better than the Marxists you're constantly bashing?

"... but if you're bashing America,...."

Kinda early for you to be hitting the bottle, konny....

Did you see this: "...gave birth to the greatest nation that history had ever seen."

You should have: After all, you included it in your post.

Conservatives wouldn't give Willa Cather her full rights and privileges as an American and conservatives would want the GOVERNMENT to assure she wouldn't get them.

I guess that's the distinction between Americans vs. GOVERNMENT that the author of this thread is accidentally pointing out.

Conservatives wouldn't give Willa Cather her full rights and privileges as an American and conservatives would want the GOVERNMENT to assure she wouldn't get them.

I guess that's the distinction between Americans vs. GOVERNMENT that the author of this thread is accidentally pointing out.

distraction, speculation and unfounded fantasy....

Let me give my opinion: NYCarbuncle's post is consistent with all of his endeavors.

He is a lying loser, and if he can't insert a lie, he will obfuscate....as the did here.

As he is used to dealing with the echo chamber, i.e., other Liberals, also not too swift on the uptake, changing the subject might work.

Not here.

Let me remind the readers that PC is not anti-gay, based on some of her posts, anyway;

that's why I wasn't attacking her for advancing a lesbian as a great example of a great American.

"Willa Cather was a lesbian. "

And you are an imbecile.

What do either have to do with the OP?

Changing the subject to create an opportunity to display his hyperpartisanship was the whole purpose.

If Willa Cather is the subject, how can reminding or advising people of something about Willa Cather be changing the subject?

Let me remind the readers that PC is not anti-gay, based on some of her posts, anyway;

that's why I wasn't attacking her for advancing a lesbian as a great example of a great American.
Let me remind the readers that PC never pointed out the sexual orientation of the person. In fact, PC held her up as a fine example of what Americans USED to be.

The problem is that people like NYCarbineer can't see past sexual orientation.

Forum List

Back