America's coming civil war -- makers vs. takers Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/op

563917_439603649406420_646316317_n.jpg

Of course it's all inter-related. But most of the per capita wealth in the history of the world has been created over the last ~200 years. The pace of innovation before that time was minuscule compared to today, with wealth occurring in fits and starts with inventions such as the plough and the compass. Meanwhile, there was always the capacity for demand. Demand is bound only by incomes and when marginal utility becomes negative. Per capita demand thus increases with income, which is driven by innovation. If innovation stopped today, then it wouldn't matter how much demand there was, and would not be much different than the 18 centuries AD when global per capita income rose at a snail's pace.

How does that contradict the point I've been making, which is:

"The rich are not the job creators, everyone plays a role in creating jobs."

Or, in the context of the threads OP:

The rich are not "the makers" and the working class is not "the takers".

Innovation does make income rise faster, but increased demand for innovation makes innovation happen. Like population growth, or education needs, or increased communication needs to keep up with supply needs, or faster transportation needs to international locations.

Nobody described the working class as the takers, shit for brains. It's simple math. Taxes paid minus entitlements received. If you are above the break even point, you are a maker. Below that you are a taker.

I can't take this anymore.... Have you guys even just thought about running a business, like opening one and what it would take?

All it takes is money and a need that requires satisfaction. The need precedes everything else. If you don't have a market for your product or service, you can have all the capital in the world and you will still fail. Unless, of course....you use your capital to buy your government and create an artificial market.

Yeah. Al it takes is money and a need that requires satisfaction. Idiot.

Instead, they passed bills that are sitting on Harry Reid's desk that actually created jobs.

I don't know why there are people foolish enough to believe that because it's called a jobs act it actually does that. Politicians, unfortunately, have learned that if they name the bad policies they want to pass something good, people will follow them without looking at the bill.

Wow. Barb is really smart.

You set the theme here, which is simplistic, so I went with simple. :lol:

Actually, you went with pictures. The mark of one that has gone full retard.

Actually, they're memes, and they refute the simplistic argument fox news, supported by you, tried to run up the flag pole. Its not going to fly, you know. It may stick against the wall, but people will recognize the smell. :eusa_hand:

Instead, they passed bills that are sitting on Harry Reid's desk that actually created jobs.

I don't know why there are people foolish enough to believe that because it's called a jobs act it actually does that. Politicians, unfortunately, have learned that if they name the bad policies they want to pass something good, people will follow them without looking at the bill.

That's not what I got from the Senate hearings today at all.

Actually, they're memes, and they refute the simplistic argument fox news, supported by you, tried to run up the flag pole. Its not going to fly, you know. It may stick against the wall, but people will recognize the smell. :eusa_hand:

No. They don't refute jack. Lying never does.

Pictures. Cute. And very persuasive. Im sure you are really into bumper stickers as well.

No. They don't refute jack. Lying never does.

prove a lie or shut your hole :eusa_hand:

Pictures. Cute. And very persuasive. Im sure you are really into bumper stickers as well.

brevity is the soul of wit

In your case, tard is short for retard.

America's coming civil war -- makers vs. takers | Fox News

Those were Abe Lincoln’s words in his first inaugural in 1861, as America was running headlong into civil war. Now we’re a house divided again and another civil war is coming, with the 2012 election as its Gettysburg.

Call it America’s coming civil war between the Makers and the Takers.

On one side are those who create wealth, America’s private sector–the very ones targeted by President Obama’s tax hikes announced Monday.

On the other are the public employee unions; left-leaning intelligentsia who see the growth of government as index of progress; and the millions of Americans now dependent on government through a growing network of government transfer payments, from Medicaid and Social Security to college loans and corporate bailouts and handouts (think GM and Solyndra).

Over the past century America’s private sector has been the source of productivity, innovation, creativity, and growth–and gave us the iPhone and iPad. The public sector has been the engine of entitlement, stagnation, and decline -- and gave us Detroit and the South Bronx.

Read more: America's coming civil war -- makers vs. takers | Fox News

I somehow think that the left believes there is legitimacy to the growing number of people on government programs.

Just like the third and fourth generation welfare folks I knew in CA who got together right after the checks showed up and celebrated with a bag of weed.

Listening and friends
Peasants-for-Plutocracy-by-Michael-Dal-Cerro505x379.jpg

"The equal rights of man, and the happiness of every individual, are now acknowledged to be the only legitimate objects of government. Modern times have the signal advantage, too, of having discovered the only device by which these rights can be secured, to wit: government by the people, acting not in person, but by representatives chosen by themselves, that is to say, by every man of ripe years and sane mind, who contributes either by his purse or person to the support of his country." --Thomas Jefferson to A. Coray, 1823. ME 15:482

In your case, tard is short for retard.

awe, then it must really suck to be you. But hey, you had a subject of sorts going, didn't you? Why don't we get back to who and what does the taking here in the US, shall we?

$3.5 Billion Was Spent On Corporate Lobbying In 2010. What Did It Buy?

LobbyingRoi.jpg

Forum List

Back