America's exit means one thing: Peace.

pknopp

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2019

KULANGAR, Afghanistan — At a tiny, two-pump gas station off the two-lane highway running through Afghanistan's Logar province, Mohammad Farooq, the attendant, was unequivocal in his view of the United States.

"Thank God the Americans went away," Farooq said one recent morning, smiling.

"Since they left, we don't see ambulances every day. We don't see fighting or people injured. It's very good now."

In Afghanistan's war-torn countryside, America's exit means one thing: Peace

Any change has to come from the inside. I guess they feel less Western influence but alive is better than MTV but dead.

KULANGAR, Afghanistan — At a tiny, two-pump gas station off the two-lane highway running through Afghanistan's Logar province, Mohammad Farooq, the attendant, was unequivocal in his view of the United States.

"Since they left, we don't see ambulances every day. We don't see fighting or people injured. It's very good now."

Any change has to come from the inside. I guess they feel less Western influence but alive is better than MTV but dead.
Uh huh. You in the for market a bridge? I know a guy, who knows a guy, who has one for sale.

I don't know about peace in Afghanistan, nor do I care much - but the decline of the US on the world stage is far more likely to provoke chaos and warfare than peace.

Yes, the loving peaceful Taliban may pay the US another peaceful visit soon in New York City.

Why they would I don't know, being so violent and evil and all.

Uh huh. You in the for market a bridge? I know a guy, who knows a guy, who has one for sale.

I don't know about peace in Afghanistan, nor do I care much - but the decline of the US on the world stage is far more likely to provoke chaos and warfare than peace.

This is probably true.. We made a terrible mistake and didn't have enough courage to leave.. The Afghans do unite around one idea... Deobandi Islam is anti-colonialism.

I'm optimistic about Afghanistan's future.

Yes, the loving peaceful Taliban may pay the US another peaceful visit soon in New York City.

They would have a valid reason to retaliate just like those who came the first time did.

The Taliban has NO history of doing anything outside of Afghanistan.. You don't know who is who in Afghanistan, do you?

They would have a valid reason to retaliate just like those who came the first time did.

They won't.. They'll be taking bids on mining concessions.. The Taliban is grown up.. They are no long teen-aged orphaned students trying to restore law and order to Afghanistan.

They won't.. They'll be taking bids on mining concessions.. The Taliban is grown up.. They are no long teen-aged orphaned students trying to restore law and order to Afghanistan.

Of course they won't but I was just saying they would have justifications for retaliation.

Wrong.

America endlessly involved in a failed, illegal war in Afghanistan is what contributed to the decline of the US on the world stage.

They offered to turn OBL over 3 times since 1998.
I remember all their nonsense. It was in no way a legitimate "offer", they were playing us. They won.
OBL was secondary to Bush's ambitions.. He was trying to save ENRON who the Taliban had refused a trans-Aghan pipeline.
No doubt.

We should have merely bombed Afghanistan until they coughed up Bin Laden - or they were all dead. Invading and occupying was stupid.

Forum List

Back