America’s Most Advanced Climate Station Data Shows US In A 10-Year Cooling Trend Read more: http:

The response is going to be that the US is not the world, only a small part. But consider what would be said if things were reversed. If the data shown indicated that the US was warming and the rest of the world was cooling. Those who seem to think we can do something about the climate would be saying that the US has the best equipment thus we have to believe the US data. Well I agree.

Go here to see the actual NOAA data:

National Temperature Index National Centers for Environmental Information NCEI

From the linked article:

Data from America’s most advanced climate monitoring system shows the U.S. has undergone a cooling trend over the last decade, despite recent claims by government scientists that warming has accelerated worldwide during that time.

The U.S. Climate Reference Network was developed by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) to provide “high-quality” climate data. The network consists of 114 stations across the U.S. in areas NOAA expects no development for the next 50 to 100 years.

Read more: Advanced Climate Station Data Shows U.S. In A Cooling Trend The Daily Caller

In theory, according to historical data, we should be going through a cooling period, quite a dramatic cooling period at that. What seems to be happening is that natural cooling is fighting with man made warming and they're almost balancing each other out. The US appears to be getting a little cooler, at least the eastern side. The rest of the world is getting a little warmer.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/24/b...-win-on-price-vs-conventional-fuels.html?_r=0

“Wind was on sale — it was a Blue Light Special,” said Jay Godfrey, managing director of renewable energy for the company. He noted that Oklahoma, unlike many states, did not require utilities to buy power from renewable sources.

“We were doing it because it made sense for our ratepayers,” he said.

According to a study by the investment banking firm Lazard, the cost of utility-scale solar energy is as low as 5.6 cents a kilowatt-hour, and wind is as low as 1.4 cents. In comparison, natural gas comes at 6.1 cents a kilowatt-hour on the low end and coal at 6.6 cents. Without subsidies, the firm’s analysis shows, solar costs about 7.2 cents a kilowatt-hour at the low end, with wind at 3.7 cents.

Since the article, solar has come down to below 4 cents for major utility grade projects.

1.2 Gw of solar going in in Austin at less than 4 cents a kw. Wind now down below 4 cents a kw. Dirty coal, no scrubbers, still 6.6 cents a kw, and the price is rising. For wind and solar, the price will continue to decline. Coal is dead.
Let's see some actual evidence of that statement.
Easy, Mr. jc. I don't post flap yap as you do.

Cheapest Solar Ever Austin Energy Gets 1.2 Gigawatts of Solar Bids for Less Than 4 Cents Greentech Media

A lot more cheap solar is coming for Austin, Texas.

The city's utility, Austin Energy, just released new data on developer bids for PV projects as part of a 600-megawatt procurement. The numbers show how far solar prices have come down over the last year -- and will continue to drop.

According to Khalil Shalabi, Austin Energy's vice president of resource planning, the utility received offers for 7,976 megawatts of projects after issuing a request for bids in April. Out of those bids, 1,295 megawatts of projects were priced below 4 cents per kilowatt-hour.

"The technology is getting better and the prices are decreasing with time," said Shalabi during a presentation in front of the Austin city council last week.

Shalabi displayed the chart below showing an "exponentially declining curve" for PV projects in Texas.

"If you continue the curve, you can see that if the cost points continue along this sort of exponentially declining curve. We expect to see prices out in the future that are possibly below $20 a megawatt-hour," he said.
Hey rocks, show me a graph of the utilization of the country just show it that's all I'll shut up once you show that I'll shut up

The response is going to be that the US is not the world, only a small part. But consider what would be said if things were reversed. If the data shown indicated that the US was warming and the rest of the world was cooling. Those who seem to think we can do something about the climate would be saying that the US has the best equipment thus we have to believe the US data. Well I agree.

From the linked article:

Data from America’s most advanced climate monitoring system shows the U.S. has undergone a cooling trend over the last decade, despite recent claims by government scientists that warming has accelerated worldwide during that time.

The U.S. Climate Reference Network was developed by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) to provide “high-quality” climate data. The network consists of 114 stations across the U.S. in areas NOAA expects no development for the next 50 to 100 years.

Read more: Advanced Climate Station Data Shows U.S. In A Cooling Trend The Daily Caller

In theory, according to historical data, we should be going through a cooling period, quite a dramatic cooling period at that. What seems to be happening is that natural cooling is fighting with man made warming and they're almost balancing each other out. The US appears to be getting a little cooler, at least the eastern side. The rest of the world is getting a little warmer.
Actually, even the lower fortyeight is warming. And while the northeast is a bit cooler, the west coast is experiancing record breaking warming and drought.

From the linked article:

67 degrees in Chicago in July hmmm, cooler

1.2 Gw of solar going in in Austin at less than 4 cents a kw. Wind now down below 4 cents a kw. Dirty coal, no scrubbers, still 6.6 cents a kw, and the price is rising. For wind and solar, the price will continue to decline. Coal is dead.

Cheapest Solar Ever Austin Energy Gets 1.2 Gigawatts of Solar Bids for Less Than 4 Cents Greentech Media

The city's utility, Austin Energy, just released new data on developer bids for PV projects as part of a 600-megawatt procurement. The numbers show how far solar prices have come down over the last year -- and will continue to drop.

According to Khalil Shalabi, Austin Energy's vice president of resource planning, the utility received offers for 7,976 megawatts of projects after issuing a request for bids in April. Out of those bids, 1,295 megawatts of projects were priced below 4 cents per kilowatt-hour.

"The technology is getting better and the prices are decreasing with time," said Shalabi during a presentation in front of the Austin city council last week.

Shalabi displayed the chart below showing an "exponentially declining curve" for PV projects in Texas.

"If you continue the curve, you can see that if the cost points continue along this sort of exponentially declining curve. We expect to see prices out in the future that are possibly below $20 a megawatt-hour," he said.
Hey rocks, show me a graph of the utilization of the country just show it that's all I'll shut up once you show that I'll shut up
No jc, no matter what the facts are, you will not shut up, you will just put your fingers in your ears and shout your nonsense. As far as a graph of the utilization of the country, well, some is in agriculture, some in grazing, some in forest, some in urban dwelling, and we have some bodies of water with fish in them, also. Satisfied?

The same exact "climate change" is happening on Mars....DAMN those martian coal plants and SUVs! But no, the martians won't listen to us...they have their heads buried in the.....well, they don't have sand but they got that red dust....dust that probably came from an oil spill or a martian #5 hurricane or something...so anyway, let's pretend that solar flares aren't what's going on and picket the oil and coal baron martians....who's with me?
huh_zps297f809f.png

From the linked article:

And 90 in Seattle and Fairbanks, warmer. It is the overall average that counts, not what is in your or my backyard.

From the linked article:

Actually, even the lower fortyeight is warming. And while the northeast is a bit cooler, the west coast is experiancing record breaking warming and drought.
Hey racks, where do you suppose the majority of the population exists in the USA? West Coast or the rest of the country?

No jc, no matter what the facts are, you will not shut up, you will just put your fingers in your ears and shout your nonsense. As far as a graph of the utilization of the country, well, some is in agriculture, some in grazing, some in forest, some in urban dwelling, and we have some bodies of water with fish in them, also. Satisfied?
So in other words you still can't back up what you post. typical

The same exact "climate change" is happening on Mars....DAMN those martian coal plants and SUVs! But no, the martians won't listen to us...they have their heads buried in the.....well, they don't have sand but they got that red dust....dust that probably came from an oil spill or a martian #5 hurricane or something...so anyway, let's pretend that solar flares aren't what's going on and picket the oil and coal baron martians....who's with me?
huh_zps297f809f.png
Nobody of any intellect or sense is with you, Mr. BullKurz. The solar TSI has been on the decline, so that is not a factor with either the Earth or Mars warming. Mars does warm during dusty periods. Been measured before. As stated before, if you don't do a little research, you truly appear to be retarded.

Mr. jc, are you doubling down on your stupidity? It doesn't matter what the population is, it matters as to the amount of area that is at what temperature.

From the linked article:

And 90 in Seattle and Fairbanks, warmer. It is the overall average that counts, not what is in your or my backyard.
Exactly you fool, it's an average so where it's hot in one part of the country it's cool in other Parts so you spouting off and stuff because you think it's warmer because of global warming is flap yap. Again typical

LOL. You asked about the utilization of the country. I gave you information concerning the utilization of the country. Ask a question correctly, you might get the answer that you seek.

LOL. You asked about the utilization of the country. I gave you information concerning the utilization of the country. Ask a question correctly, you might get the answer that you seek.

"information" pulled out of some nerd's ass who's living off grants and will say whatever his masters' want him to say. Despicable, deceitful, treason.

Mr. jc, are you doubling down on your stupidity? It doesn't matter what the population is, it matters as to the amount of area that is at what temperature.
It does to the masses who believe or don't believe in global warming don't you think? So where are most of the populist? In cool weather not hot. They vote. And aren't buying into global warming because of their experience

Last edited:

An increase in temperatures doesn't necessarily mean that this year will be hotter than last year. Weather tends to fluctuate, but the trend is what is important.

From the linked article:

As usual data must be provided. According to this site it is 77 in Fairbanks and the record set in 2008 is 78, close but not a record. The max temperature for the 6th was set in 2014, 86 deg. 84 for the 5th. With the mean temperature for Fairbands at this time is 72, so a deviation is not that hard to believe. the 4th's record is 90 degress set in 1990.

Weather History for Fairbanks Ft. Wainwright AK Weather Underground

No you gave me Austin Texas and I really would rather see the United States graph of utilization of coal versus solar/wind and hydrocarbons

Seattle, record temp for the 7th 88 deg in 1953, 6th 90 deg 1960, 5th 91 1958, 4th 91 1972.

Forum List

Back