America's most conservative state ranks #1 in charitable giving and #1 in service

Dang, Idaho ranks 40th.
Disappointing.

2016’s Most Charitable States

Who is Utah giving charity money to exactly? I mean, giving charity means giving to your church, which is different to giving charity to groups that you are perhaps not connected to. I think this plain "giving to charity" is misleading.
of course you would

Yeah, why shouldn't someone use their brain, huh? Why not just accept what you're told like a good little sheep huh?

Dang, Idaho ranks 40th.
Disappointing.

Who is Utah giving charity money to exactly? I mean, giving charity means giving to your church, which is different to giving charity to groups that you are perhaps not connected to. I think this plain "giving to charity" is misleading.
of course you would

Yeah, why shouldn't someone use their brain, huh? Why not just accept what you're told like a good little sheep huh?
It really drives you nuts that the most conservative state in the union is the most giving.
Look thru all the responses. You guys are a hoot.

Dang, Idaho ranks 40th.
Disappointing.

of course you would

It really drives you nuts that the most conservative state in the union is the most giving.
Look thru all the responses. You guys are a hoot.

No, it doesn't actually.

What I'm looking at, beyond your silly deflection and attack, is that Mormons (who I actually personally like, I've met quite a few around the world and always found them to be nice people) give a LOT of money to their church.

The Mormon Church is funded only by donations. Such donations to a non-profit organization will be considered to be CHARITY.

This isn't to say that Mormons don't give to charity in other ways, it doesn't mean Mormons aren't more likely to use their time in charitable ways.

What it means is that the statistics don't take into account people giving to a charity that is their own body. I mean, if I give to the "Frigidweirdo appreciation and food charity", does that make my charity giving amazing or selfish? Probably the latter.

Charity giving to OTHERS is different, and the figures don't break down the difference between giving charity to oneself or to one's group and giving charity to others.

Forum List

Back