America’s wealthiest families smash income ceiling, middle-class left far behind

I know: you're an imbecile who doesn't have the foggiest notion of how the retail business works.
His repeatedly demonstrated clueless about business is what makes his claims of being some wealthy businessman even more hilarious.

He'd have a better shot of pulling off his lies if he'd just shut the fuck up in any thread related to business or economics.

Walmart prices are cheaper than any other chain, but you're telling us their profits are higher? What's wrong with this picture?

I know: you're an imbecile who doesn't have the foggiest notion of how the retail business works.

Overall, Walmarts prices are cheaper. An item at Walmart that costs you $1.00, cost procurement .25 to .50. It's then marked up and sold to logistics, then transportation, then stores. By the time it hits stores, it costs .80.

Multitiered profits.

My company pays 2.3 million/yr for equipment leases. I don't bitch too much because I own the leasing company. I also lease to my competitors that don't know who owns the company.

Multitiered profits.

His repeatedly demonstrated clueless about business is what makes his claims of being some wealthy businessman even more hilarious.

He'd have a better shot of pulling off his lies if he'd just shut the fuck up in any thread related to business or economics.

And yet you can't refute anything that I've written.....

Despite, or because of, the fallout from the 2007 Great Recession, annual earnings between the richest Americans and everybody else have exploded to record levels. Meanwhile middle- and lower-class wealth growth remains stagnant.
The median wealth for high-income families hit $639,400 last year, a whopping 7 percent jump from three years earlier and seven times greater than middle-class incomes, which stood at $96,500 according to Pew Research Center, citing data from the Federal Reserve.
Middle-class median wealth, which Pew defines as the difference between the value of a household’s total assets and debts, has not advanced since 2010.
The financial chasm now separating the rich and everybody else is the widest since the Fed began tracking earnings 30 years ago, which became even more pronounced following the 2008 global financial crisis.
America 8217 s wealth gap between middle-income and upper-income families is widest on record Pew Research Center
proxy.jpg

Wealth Gap between America s Rich and Middle-Class Families Widest on Record - Real Time Economics - WSJ
B5HKQctIcAIfWwE.png:large

IMO The American Dream was always a myth, but now it has turned into a nightmare for 47% of Americans. This robbing of the poor half of the population has been quite deliberate, by allowing unchecked immigration to obtain cheap labor and by off shoring of jobs to India and China. The Federal minimum wage has remained at $7.25 per hour since Obama took office, while the cost of living has increased substantially. There is no justification for this, since corporate profits have never been higher.
did you expect any change in history repeating itself? With everything franchised and corprotized/privatized and us losers selling each other out on the never ending bank rush mentality we've been programmed to live, it can only come to a nasty ending for all.

Walmart prices are cheaper than any other chain, but you're telling us their profits are higher? What's wrong with this picture?

Overall, Walmarts prices are cheaper. An item at Walmart that costs you $1.00, cost procurement .25 to .50. It's then marked up and sold to logistics, then transportation, then stores. By the time it hits stores, it costs .80.

Multitiered profits.

My company pays 2.3 million/yr for equipment leases. I don't bitch too much because I own the leasing company. I also lease to my competitors that don't know who owns the company.

Multitiered profits.
i still don't see what future you are winning. With everybody reaping what they do not sow and let the world around them go to hell as they party on or whatever they do with all the power and money they claim to have. seems like a childish way to live for toys on the road to ruin

Multitiered profits.

Multitiered profits.

You have no conception of whether your claims about markups are accurate. All the evidence indicates otherwise. On gross revenues of $400 billion, Walmart had net earnings of $16 billion. That's 4%. That doesn't indicate a total mark-up of 400%.

You're full of shit, in other words.

You refute your boasts of wealth and business acumen with every single post, so I don't really need to do much but watch and be entertained while you get spun around by anyone you argue with, maybe taking side bets on how long until you've cornered yourself into attempting the wealth boast.

Multitiered profits.

Multitiered profits.
i still don't see what future you are winning. With everybody reaping what they do not sow and let the world around them go to hell as they party on or whatever they do with all the power and money they claim to have. seems like a childish way to live for toys on the road to ruin

I already won.....I'm rich. I'm pointing out how the middle class is getting screwed and how it's being done by Republicans/corporate America/wall street.

Multitiered profits.

Multitiered profits.

You have no conception of whether your claims about markups are accurate. All the evidence indicates otherwise. On gross revenues of $400 billion, Walmart had net earnings of $16 billion. That's 4%. That doesn't indicate a total mark-up of 400%.

I've explained to you how it works. If you want to refute my claim then show me where procurement, logistics, and transportation are mentioned in any Walmart SEC filings.

You refute your boasts of wealth and business acumen with every single post, so I don't really need to do much but watch and be entertained while you get spun around by anyone you argue with, maybe taking side bets on how long until you've cornered yourself into attempting the wealth boast.

Spinning doesn't refute fact, it proves that the spinner has no facts.

Multitiered profits.

Multitiered profits.

I've explained to you how it works. If you want to refute my claim then show me where procurement, logistics, and transportation are mentioned in any Walmart SEC filings.

You've explained that 2+2=5. If they are part of the company, then their profits are on the bottom line of the Walmart SEC filing.

Face it: everyone knows you're full of shit.

I already won.....I'm rich.
And I have a pet unicorn.

I'm pointing out how the middle class is getting screwed and how it's being done by Republicans/corporate America/wall street.
By referencing articles from 2011 economiccollapseblog that bemoan the high price of gas.

I'd be surprised if you have the smarts to dig ditches.

Wouldn't the high price of gas be shown how wages flattened out in the early 1980s while profits grew, and that expenses grew as well. Americans are paying far more for mortgages, health insurance and tuition than they did thirty years ago, and 100 percent of the income gains in the past thirty-two years went to the top 10 percent of earners.

I refute your claims all the time.
Like the one about Berkshire's low single digit effective tax rate.

You've explained that 2+2=5. If they are part of the company, then their profits are on the bottom line of the Walmart SEC filing.

Unless it's an asset with it's own corporate identity.

Walmart Transportation Home

Retail giant Wal-Mart Stores is pushing an innovative approach to supply chain management whereby the company’s private fleet will take over delivery of goods from suppliers to its distribution centers wherever it is cost-effective to do so.
“It has allowed our suppliers to focus on what they do best, manufacturing products for us,” Kelly Abney, Wal-Mart vp of corporate transportation, told Bloomberg News. “With lower costs usually come increased sales.”
According to the Bloomberg report, Abney said Wal-Mart is in the processing of contacting manufacturers about this approach with the goal being to lower costs for the suppliers, which in turn would lower the cost of goods to the retailer.
A Wal-Mart spokesperson told Fleet Owner that some manufacturers have accepted the plan.
Wal-Mart’s truck fleet has 6,891 tractors and over 55,000 trailers. It is the 22nd largest private fleet in the U.S., according to the Fleet Owner 500. The company hopes leveraging the sheer volume of its, fleet along with employing independent contractors when necessary, in this way will further reduce costs. In 2009, Wal-Mart trucks traveled nearly 750 million miles, almost 100 million less than in 2008, company spokesman Lorenzo Lopez told Bloomberg.

Wal-Mart seeking greater freight control Fleet Management content from Fleet Owner

Retail giant Wal-Mart Stores is pushing an innovative approach to supply chain management whereby the company’s private fleet will take over delivery of goods from suppliers to its distribution centers wherever it is cost-effective to do so.
“It has allowed our suppliers to focus on what they do best, manufacturing products for us,” Kelly Abney, Wal-Mart vp of corporate transportation, told Bloomberg News. “With lower costs usually come increased sales.”
According to the Bloomberg report, Abney said Wal-Mart is in the processing of contacting manufacturers about this approach with the goal being to lower costs for the suppliers, which in turn would lower the cost of goods to the retailer.
A Wal-Mart spokesperson told Fleet Owner that some manufacturers have accepted the plan.
Wal-Mart’s truck fleet has 6,891 tractors and over 55,000 trailers. It is the 22nd largest private fleet in the U.S., according to the Fleet Owner 500. The company hopes leveraging the sheer volume of its, fleet along with employing independent contractors when necessary, in this way will further reduce costs. In 2009, Wal-Mart trucks traveled nearly 750 million miles, almost 100 million less than in 2008, company spokesman Lorenzo Lopez told Bloomberg.

Wal-Mart seeking greater freight control Fleet Management content from Fleet Owner

And again, it's Walmart Transportation, LLC, not Walmart Stores, Inc. Who owns it, the Walmart 7 do,

Wal-Mart Transportation LLC
A privately held company in Bentonville, AR

http://www.manta.com/c/mt1jhz1/wal-mart-transportation-llc

And again, it's Walmart Transportation, LLC, not Walmart Stores, Inc. Who owns it, the Walmart 7 do,

Wal-Mart Transportation LLC
A privately held company in Bentonville, AR

http://www.manta.com/c/mt1jhz1/wal-mart-transportation-llc

All the stock in Walmart Transportation LLC is held by Walmart, so any profits to it show up on the bottom line of the parent company.

You're an imbecile.

Forum List

Back