America’s wealthiest families smash income ceiling, middle-class left far behind

The answer is:

-Base Federal tax or corporations at 30% of revenue.

-Raise minimum wage to $23.50/hr. Based on where minimum wage should be using 1970-2013 rise in food, shelter, and transportation.

-Eliminate all business subsidies (deductions/write-off’s/write-downs) except for employee expenses which are deducted dollar-for-dollar on all city, state, and Federal taxes and fees with the Feds refunding city, State, and fees.

-Companies with 400 employees or less, employee expenses above the deduction are subsidized at 100% with funds usually give back to the States.

-Adjust Social Security and private/public retirement and pension payments using 1970-2013 price structure.

-Remove the FICA limit.

-Back down ALL costs, prices, fees, to January 1, 2009 levels and hold them for 10 years which will eliminate inflation.

-Recall ALL off-shore investments tax free, and disallow any further off-shore investments.

-Make inversion illegal.
Wow.....
30% of gross revenue? And should businesses decide to un-incorporate then reorganize as LLC's?.....And do we kick all foreign companies out of the US? And the jobs that would be lost?
$23.50 per hour.....Say good bye to over half of America's small businesses.
Tax write offs for business are not 'subsidies'.....What do we do for businesses that do not turn a profit for the latest fiscal year?
"-Back down ALL costs, prices, fees, to January 1, 2009 levels and hold them for 10 years which will eliminate inflation."
Price controls do not work. In fact, they have an opposite effect. Price can be artificially controlled all day long. Costs always rise. The end result is rationing of products. Government should NEVER interfere in the marketplace. Such interference ALWAYS results in fiscal and economic disaster.
American business should be barred from investing outside the borders of the US? First, that is in violation of the US Constitution. Second, it's a violation of the US Code. Third and most importantly, such a proposal would be a vat of hydrochloric acid to any politician. Lastly, such an idea is patently absurd.
You talk about reducing inflation.....Artificially increasing wages is inflationary.
Lowering prices and holding them in place will have the opposite effect. Such a thing would actually cause inflation.......As products become scarce due the cost to produce being higher than the government mandated shelf price, businesses will slow or even cease production. This drives up costs for business and would have an adverse effect on employment. This is another idea which deserves the label of absurd.
Inversion would be non existent if the US had a Corp tax that was competitive with the rest of the industrialized world.

So lets do the math.

My company grossed $105M in 2014. Under my plan the federal tax would be $31.5M. My employee expenses for the year are $30M. My State/local taxes and fees are $11.2M. That would be a $9.2M check from the feds to put in my pocket!!!! AND reduce my taxes/employee expenses to 30% of gross which are currently at 42%. That's the way it would work at any company.

Price controls have NEVER been done in this manner, where employees benefit.

The only way you can have inflation is a rise i cost of goods and services. Under my plan, goods and services are frozen to 2009 levels thus no inflation.

Billions of Americans would have tens of billion$ to spend in the economy. Keeping the shelves stocked would be the only problem.

What if your fictional company grossed $105M but suffered a $10 million loss. It's state and local taxes were $0 and it's wages were $25 million? That would mean that despite losing money for the year you still had to pay out $6.5 million.

The answer is:

-Raise minimum wage to $23.50/hr. Based on where minimum wage should be using 1970-2013 rise in food, shelter, and transportation.

-Eliminate all business subsidies (deductions/write-off’s/write-downs) except for employee expenses which are deducted dollar-for-dollar on all city, state, and Federal taxes and fees with the Feds refunding city, State, and fees.

-Companies with 400 employees or less, employee expenses above the deduction are subsidized at 100% with funds usually give back to the States.

-Adjust Social Security and private/public retirement and pension payments using 1970-2013 price structure.

-Remove the FICA limit.

-Back down ALL costs, prices, fees, to January 1, 2009 levels and hold them for 10 years which will eliminate inflation.

-Recall ALL off-shore investments tax free, and disallow any further off-shore investments.

-Make inversion illegal.
Wow.....
30% of gross revenue? And should businesses decide to un-incorporate then reorganize as LLC's?.....And do we kick all foreign companies out of the US? And the jobs that would be lost?
Tax write offs for business are not 'subsidies'.....What do we do for businesses that do not turn a profit for the latest fiscal year?
"-Back down ALL costs, prices, fees, to January 1, 2009 levels and hold them for 10 years which will eliminate inflation."
Price controls do not work. In fact, they have an opposite effect. Price can be artificially controlled all day long. Costs always rise. The end result is rationing of products. Government should NEVER interfere in the marketplace. Such interference ALWAYS results in fiscal and economic disaster.
American business should be barred from investing outside the borders of the US? First, that is in violation of the US Constitution. Second, it's a violation of the US Code. Third and most importantly, such a proposal would be a vat of hydrochloric acid to any politician. Lastly, such an idea is patently absurd.
You talk about reducing inflation.....Artificially increasing wages is inflationary.
Lowering prices and holding them in place will have the opposite effect. Such a thing would actually cause inflation.......As products become scarce due the cost to produce being higher than the government mandated shelf price, businesses will slow or even cease production. This drives up costs for business and would have an adverse effect on employment. This is another idea which deserves the label of absurd.
Inversion would be non existent if the US had a Corp tax that was competitive with the rest of the industrialized world.

So lets do the math.

My company grossed $105M in 2014. Under my plan the federal tax would be $31.5M. My employee expenses for the year are $30M. My State/local taxes and fees are $11.2M. That would be a $9.2M check from the feds to put in my pocket!!!! AND reduce my taxes/employee expenses to 30% of gross which are currently at 42%. That's the way it would work at any company.

The only way you can have inflation is a rise i cost of goods and services. Under my plan, goods and services are frozen to 2009 levels thus no inflation.

Billions of Americans would have tens of billion$ to spend in the economy. Keeping the shelves stocked would be the only problem.

What if your fictional company grossed $105M but suffered a $10 million loss. It's state and local taxes were $0 and it's wages were $25 million? That would mean that despite losing money for the year you still had to pay out $6.5 million.

If a $105M suffered a $10M loss they'd have $95M.

The answer is:

-Remove the FICA limit.

-Make inversion illegal.
Wow.....

So lets do the math.

No the wouldn't, ding dong. All the money was spent and then $10 million on top of that. Gross revenue is not net income. Which are you referring to, the former or the later?

Let's consider a grocery store: It has $100 million in gross revenues. It spends $90 million paying for inventory. It spends another $5 million on wages and another $5 million on utilities, interest on the mortgage, etc. It pays $10 million in state and local taxes.

How much money does it have at the end of the year? How much does it owe to the federal government under your plan?

The answer is:

-Remove the FICA limit.

-Make inversion illegal.
Wow.....

So lets do the math.

No the wouldn't, ding dong. All the money was spent and then $10 million on top of that. Gross revenue is not net income. Which are you referring to, the former or the later?

Let's consider a grocery store: It has $100 million in gross revenues. It spends $90 million paying for inventory. It spends another $5 million on wages and another $5 million on utilities, interest on the mortgage, etc. It pays $10 million in state and local taxes.

How much money does it have at the end of the year? How much does it owe to the federal government under your plan?

$100 million in gross revenues, $90 million paying for inventory, your money laundering...

Wow.....

So lets do the math.

$100 million in gross revenues, $90 million paying for inventory, your money laundering...

Not at all. That's typical for the grocery business. They go through a lot of inventory every single day.

The link you provided showed you were wrong.
Thanks again.

Why is the effective tax compiled differently for a business vs an individual?

An individual's effective tax rate is calculated by dividing total tax expense by taxable income. For corporations, the effective tax rate is computed by dividing total tax expenses by the firm's earnings before taxes.

What difference do you feel your link shows?

Last edited:
Thanks again.

Why does your link prove you were wrong?

It proves that the rule is deceptive.

It proves that the rule is deceptive.

An individual's effective tax rate is calculated by dividing total tax expense by taxable income. For corporations, the effective tax rate is computed by dividing total tax expenses by the firm's earnings before taxes.

What rule? Deceptive how?

Why was your claim so hugely wrong?

Thanks again.

You can't see it? Really?

Not at all. That's typical for the grocery business. They go through a lot of inventory every single day.

Wrong. Grocery stores have a one to three hundred percent markup.

You know, you demonstrate your complete ignorance of business and economics almost every time you post. And you claim to own a $100 million corporation?

Who do you think you're fooling?

Thanks again.

You can't see it? Really?

They both divide tax expense by taxable income.

And your Berkshire claim is still hilariously wrong.

Grocery stores have a very small profit margin.
Low single digits.

Wrong. Grocery stores have a multitiered profit. Procurement, logistics, transportation, stores, each buying the product and marking it up each time.

Despite, or because of, the fallout from the 2007 Great Recession, annual earnings between the richest Americans and everybody else have exploded to record levels. Meanwhile middle- and lower-class wealth growth remains stagnant.
The median wealth for high-income families hit $639,400 last year, a whopping 7 percent jump from three years earlier and seven times greater than middle-class incomes, which stood at $96,500 according to Pew Research Center, citing data from the Federal Reserve.
Middle-class median wealth, which Pew defines as the difference between the value of a household’s total assets and debts, has not advanced since 2010.
The financial chasm now separating the rich and everybody else is the widest since the Fed began tracking earnings 30 years ago, which became even more pronounced following the 2008 global financial crisis.
America 8217 s wealth gap between middle-income and upper-income families is widest on record Pew Research Center
proxy.jpg

Wealth Gap between America s Rich and Middle-Class Families Widest on Record - Real Time Economics - WSJ
B5HKQctIcAIfWwE.png:large

IMO The American Dream was always a myth, but now it has turned into a nightmare for 47% of Americans. This robbing of the poor half of the population has been quite deliberate, by allowing unchecked immigration to obtain cheap labor and by off shoring of jobs to India and China. The Federal minimum wage has remained at $7.25 per hour since Obama took office, while the cost of living has increased substantially. There is no justification for this, since corporate profits have never been higher.
What a moron. The wealthiest families don't have any income you fool.

Low single digits.

Wrong. Grocery stores have a multitiered profit. Procurement, logistics, transportation, stores, each buying the product and marking it up each time.

You penchant for bullshit is becoming legendary.

Low single digits.

You penchant for bullshit is becoming legendary.

Nah, I'm smarter than you.....

Forum List

Back