America’s wealthiest families smash income ceiling, middle-class left far behind

What does the IRS have to do with it?

As the taxing authority, they have quite a bit to do with taxable income.
Is your brain injury recent?

Sure, but why is the effective rate figured differently for an individual and a corporation?

Sure, but why is the effective rate figured differently for an individual and a corporation?

It isn't. In both cases it is....Taxes divided by taxable income.

For an individual taxable income is wages, salaries, bonuses, commissions and tips.

For a corporation it's revenue minus expenses.

Why the difference?

For an individual taxable income is wages, salaries, bonuses, commissions and tips.

The IRS disagrees with your claim.

It's called deception.

Why the difference?

It's called deception.

Those appear to be some of the things that make up total income.

Why the difference?

It's called deception.

How many times do you have to be told that wages for labor is not the same as money you get from selling the car you bought?

How many times do you want to pay taxes on the same money?

If you bought a car for 30k then sold it for 20k, do you pay the government taxes on the 20k you made from the sale of the car? Yes, or No?

How many times do you have to be told that wages for labor is not the same as money you get from selling the car you bought?

If you bought a car for 30k then sold it for 20k, do you pay the government taxes on the 20k you made from the sale of the car? Yes, or No?

It's called deception.[/QUOTE]

Those appear to be some of the things that make up total income.

2013_1040p1.png

Nope. Those are some of the parts of total income (Line 22).
You need to go through several more steps before you get to taxable income.

Despite, or because of, the fallout from the 2007 Great Recession, annual earnings between the richest Americans and everybody else have exploded to record levels. Meanwhile middle- and lower-class wealth growth remains stagnant.
The median wealth for high-income families hit $639,400 last year, a whopping 7 percent jump from three years earlier and seven times greater than middle-class incomes, which stood at $96,500 according to Pew Research Center, citing data from the Federal Reserve.
Middle-class median wealth, which Pew defines as the difference between the value of a household’s total assets and debts, has not advanced since 2010.
The financial chasm now separating the rich and everybody else is the widest since the Fed began tracking earnings 30 years ago, which became even more pronounced following the 2008 global financial crisis.
America 8217 s wealth gap between middle-income and upper-income families is widest on record Pew Research Center
proxy.jpg

Wealth Gap between America s Rich and Middle-Class Families Widest on Record - Real Time Economics - WSJ
B5HKQctIcAIfWwE.png:large

IMO The American Dream was always a myth, but now it has turned into a nightmare for 47% of Americans. This robbing of the poor half of the population has been quite deliberate, by allowing unchecked immigration to obtain cheap labor and by off shoring of jobs to India and China. The Federal minimum wage has remained at $7.25 per hour since Obama took office, while the cost of living has increased substantially. There is no justification for this, since corporate profits have never been higher.
The Biggest Most Important 2016 Debate - The Daily Beast
Now that Republicans are opportunistically talking about stagnant wages, Democrats finally have the chance to throw supply-side economics in the dustbin of history.
It’s now shaping up that wages and the condition of the middle class are going to be the dominant issues as we enter this first phase of the 2016 slog. Don’t take it from me, or even from Elizabeth Warren. Speaker John Boehner said as much (well, almost) on the day he opened the new session of Congress.

suplex3000

It's called deception.

Dude, how many times you gonna ask this same stupid question? Seek accounting help. All of you. Fucking go to H&R Block. Buy a copy of Turbo Tax.

But fuck, act like you know what the fuck you are doing. You all are grown men. Right? Sound like a bunch of high schoolers.

Dude, how many times you gonna ask this same stupid question? Seek accounting help. All of you. Fucking go to H&R Block. Buy a copy of Turbo Tax.

But fuck, act like you know what the fuck you are doing. You all are grown men. Right? Sound like a bunch of high schoolers.
In other words. You don't know the answer.

H&R Block can help you rkm. Turbo Tax. An accountant. Even information off the "Net would help.
But to keep asking the same fucking stupid question. What the fuck you keep asking for?
If you don't know the answer to your tax problem, talk to the professionals.
You sure as fuck wouldn't believe anything I said.

H&R Block can help you rkm. Turbo Tax. An accountant. Even information off the "Net would help.
But to keep asking the same fucking stupid question. What the fuck you keep asking for?

He doesn't need help, zeke, because he isn't a moron like you who doesn't know the answer. You're the one who needs help.

The reason I'm asking 1%r that question is he keeps demanding an answer to the question why is personal income treated differently than corporate revenues.

If he would have the balls to answer my question regarding whether he pays federal income taxes on his personal sale of a car for which he lost money, then he'd have his own answer to what the difference is. I know the answer to both questions. 1% does not and will not listen.

Fucking go to H&R Block. Buy a copy of Turbo Tax.

That is an excellent idea! If 1%er did that, he could stop making the same stupid claims.

The reason I'm asking 1%r that question is he keeps demanding an answer to the question why is personal income treated differently than corporate revenues.

If he would have the balls to answer my question regarding whether he pays federal income taxes on his personal sale of a car for which he lost money, then he'd have his own answer to what the difference is. I know the answer to both questions. 1% does not and will not listen.

That's not what I asked. I asked why is effective tax calculated differently for an individual and a business.

Your second question: I lease the cars that I drive. The cars I buy are classic, so I don't loose money, I make money.

That's not what I asked. I asked why is effective tax calculated differently for an individual and a business.

Your second question: I lease the cars that I drive. The cars I buy are classic, so I don't loose money, I make money.
No matter how many times you ask why it is calculated differently, effective tax is calculated the same way for every American. A corporation is not an American. An American can own a share of a business. But the same question I asked you above wrt. basis for the product you sold applies to effective tax for products bought and sold whether you do it as a sole proprietor, or as a share holder of a c-corp.

As to your claim of making money off leases for classic cars. ROFL yeah sure you make money off those. I'll bet the same accountant that said you are a 1%r said you'd make money off those leases.

A corporation is not an American.

WOOHOO check with the Supreme Court on that one. Seems like they recently gave person hood to corporations. If the corporation is American, wouldn't that make the corporation an American citizen?

Or are corporations only people when they are funneling millions of dollars into a politicians campaign?

As to your claim of making money off leases for classic cars.

He didn't say that dude. Read slower. Or better.

He leases his daily drivers and purchases classics.

And from what I saw on TV, the classic car auto auction had lots of people making money and spending money on classic cars.

I asked why is effective tax calculated differently for an individual and a business.

They aren't, as your own source showed.

A corporation is not an American.

WOOHOO check with the Supreme Court on that one. Seems like they recently gave person hood to corporations. If the corporation is American, wouldn't that make the corporation an American citizen?

Or are corporations only people when they are funneling millions of dollars into a politicians campaign?

Unions have been funneling millions into politics for decades, it's only fair that corporations can do the same.

Forum List

Back