America’s wealthiest families smash income ceiling, middle-class left far behind

A corporation is not an American.

WOOHOO check with the Supreme Court on that one. Seems like they recently gave person hood to corporations. If the corporation is American, wouldn't that make the corporation an American citizen?

Or are corporations only people when they are funneling millions of dollars into a politicians campaign?
No the SCOTUS did not give "person hood" to corporations. Some dumb asses that can't read said they did.

No a corporation is not a citizen. If you must know a corporation is a piece of paper that specifies the various business relationships, requirements, and such of the owners of the corporation. For example, the incorporation papers of the corporation specify what the corporation was formed to do, who the owners are etc.

No, corporations are not people even when representatives of said company are funneling millions of dollars into a politicians campaign.

What the SCOTUS decided was that when a group of people join a corporation, those people don't loose their right to free speech under the constitution.

No matter how many times you ask why it is calculated differently, effective tax is calculated the same way for every American. A corporation is not an American. An American can own a share of a business. But the same question I asked you above wrt. basis for the product you sold applies to effective tax for products bought and sold whether you do it as a sole proprietor, or as a share holder of a c-corp.

As to your claim of making money off leases for classic cars. ROFL yeah sure you make money off those. I'll bet the same accountant that said you are a 1%r said you'd make money off those leases.

The reason that effective tax is calculated differently? Individuals are getting screwed.

I lease the cars I drive (meaning daily driver), I buy collector cars as an investment.

I do own the leasing company so I guess I do make a profit on the vehicles I lease.

WOOHOO check with the Supreme Court on that one. Seems like they recently gave person hood to corporations. If the corporation is American, wouldn't that make the corporation an American citizen?

Or are corporations only people when they are funneling millions of dollars into a politicians campaign?
No the SCOTUS did not give "person hood" to corporations. Some dumb asses that can't read said they did.

No a corporation is not a citizen. If you must know a corporation is a piece of paper that specifies the various business relationships, requirements, and such of the owners of the corporation. For example, the incorporation papers of the corporation specify what the corporation was formed to do, who the owners are etc.

No, corporations are not people even when representatives of said company are funneling millions of dollars into a politicians campaign.

What the SCOTUS decided was that when a group of people join a corporation, those people don't loose their right to free speech under the constitution.

Millions of corporate dollars.

Millions of corporate dollars.
No such thing. Those corporate dollars are the owner's dollars. Same as union money is the union members money. Corporations are not people. A corporation is nor more a person than a classic car is a person.

[
No such thing. Those corporate dollars are the owner's dollars. Same as union money is the union members money. Corporations are not people. A corporation is nor more a person than a classic car is a person.

Then why do they have more rights than you?

Wrong. You're adding an additional 30% of revenue onto their expenses.

Is that Canadian math?

Follow along goofball.

Under my plan. A company with 300 or less employees.

A $10M/yr revenue company will have a $3M federal tax.

Subtract employee costs and state/local taxes 1 to 1 from the $3M reducing federal tax to zero.

If employee and state/local taxes are more than $3M (which they are) the feds give a subsidy check back.

That would be true if you're paying tax on revenue. But you're not. You're paying tax on profits...

[

Who are "they?" I don't know anyone that has more rights than me.

Corporations.
Name one "right" granted to a Corporation that is unique to Corporations.

Hint, specifying that people don't give up their rights when they join a Corporation, does not mean Corporations enjoy rights that people don't enjoy. It simply means that a Corporation is just a legal name for a group of people and that the rights of the people can't be taken by this government just because they have decided to use a legal name for collective actions taken by the group of people.

[

Corporations.

Hint, specifying that people don't give up their rights when they join a Corporation, does not mean Corporations enjoy rights that people don't enjoy. It simply means that a Corporation is just a legal name for a group of people and that the rights of the people can't be taken by this government just because they have decided to use a legal name for collective actions taken by the group of people.

The ability of Apple, a corporation, to use monies that haven't been taxed to buy product, then deduct the cost of the product.

Corporations can deduct 100% of all expenses, individuals can't.

Hobby Lobby's ability to use religious freedom of it's owners to dictate decisions of women's rights.

Is that Canadian math?

Follow along goofball.

Subtract employee costs and state/local taxes 1 to 1 from the $3M reducing federal tax to zero.

If employee and state/local taxes are more than $3M (which they are) the feds give a subsidy check back.

That would be true if you're paying tax on revenue. But you're not. You're paying tax on profits...

That was quoting part of my plan.

-Base Federal tax or corporations at 30% of revenue.

-Raise minimum wage to $23.50/hr. Based on where minimum wage should be using 1970-2013 rise in food, shelter, and transportation.

-Eliminate all business subsidies (deductions/write-off’s/write-downs) except for employee expenses which are deducted dollar-for-dollar on all city, state, and Federal taxes and fees with the Feds refunding city, State, and fees.

-Companies with 400 employees or less, employee expenses above the deduction are subsidized at 100% with funds usually give back to the States.

-Adjust Social Security and private/public retirement and pension payments using 1970-2013 price structure.

-Remove the FICA limit.

-Back down ALL costs, prices, fees, to January 1, 2009 levels and hold them for 10 years which will eliminate inflation.

-Recall ALL off-shore investments tax free, and disallow any further off-shore investments.

-Make inversion illegal.

[

Corporations.

The ability of Apple, a corporation, to use monies that haven't been taxed to buy product, then deduct the cost of the product.

Hobby Lobby's ability to use religious freedom of it's owners to dictate decisions of women's rights.

Well, before the profit is earned, only an idiot would think they should have to pay corporate taxes on products they buy.

And of course they can deduct COGS or any other typical business expense.

Corporations can deduct 100% of all expenses,

No they can't.

Hobby Lobby has no such ability.

I'm curious, do you still think Berkshire's effective tax rate is low single digits?

Is that Canadian math?

Follow along goofball.

-Raise minimum wage to $23.50/hr. Based on where minimum wage should be using 1970-2013 rise in food, shelter, and transportation.

-Eliminate all business subsidies (deductions/write-off’s/write-downs) except for employee expenses which are deducted dollar-for-dollar on all city, state, and Federal taxes and fees with the Feds refunding city, State, and fees.

-Companies with 400 employees or less, employee expenses above the deduction are subsidized at 100% with funds usually give back to the States.

-Adjust Social Security and private/public retirement and pension payments using 1970-2013 price structure.

-Remove the FICA limit.

-Back down ALL costs, prices, fees, to January 1, 2009 levels and hold them for 10 years which will eliminate inflation.

-Recall ALL off-shore investments tax free, and disallow any further off-shore investments.

-Make inversion illegal.

You have the 1970 minimum wage numbers and the 1970-2013 rise in prices to back up the $23.50 number you pulled out of your ass?

and disallow any further off-shore investments.

Where do you get the Constitutional authority for this?
How do you enforce it?

Is that Canadian math?

Follow along goofball.

-Remove the FICA limit.

-Make inversion illegal.

You can't tax the revenue.

If you produce 1 million widgets at production cost of 95 cents apiece (material, labor, utilities, expenses), and sell them at $1 apiece, your revenue is $1 million, but your profit is $50k. If you tax revenue at 30% company will be at $200k in red. What would happen is, company will lower wages 20% just to break even.

[

Corporations.

The ability of anyone, whether through a corporation or not, to use their money that hasn't been taxed to buy product, then deduct the cost of the product, is UNIVERSAL. Get yourself a loan, buy yourself some stock, wait a couple years then sell it, then deduct the cost of the stock. See was that hard? Want to try a different example?

People are individuals, people own corporations, people deduct some of their corporate expenses before calculating their individual corporate taxes. Again, you don't seem to be able to understand even simple concepts like people are individuals, like people own corporations, like people deduct expenses all the time. You seem to think corporations are unicorns that run around doing all sorts of shit that humans can't do. Frankly it's silly.

As for religious freedom. People don't give up their 1st amendment rights just because they own a corporation. Dictate decisions of women's rights? Huh? What decision of women's rights did the owner of Hobby Lobby dictate? What the fuck is wrong with you? Those women can do anything they damn well please within the law. The only thing those women can't do is DICTATE TO THEIR EMPLOYER THAT THEIR EMPLOYER WILL PAY FOR THEIR ABORTIONS.

I think politicians should wear their corporate sponsors on their suits. A list, a lot like a NASCAR driver show his sponsors, would go right down the sleeves of the suit and let EVERYONE know just what corporations the good Congress person is beholding to.

Don't you think we should know which corporations are buying our politicians rkm? That is why corporations are people too isn't it? So that the corporate money can flow into politicians coffers and they can get elected and re elected and do the corporations bidding. Right?

I mean why the fuck else would we be treating corporations like people?

Forum List

Back