Amy Winehouse dead

Awesome talent. RIP Amy. Your talent and style will live on in the memory of mine and millions of others.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mJ5p2pZ0DU]‪You Know I'm No Good - LIVE - Grammy Awards - HQ‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

What talent, so, so sad. I wish we could find a way to convince these sad kids that people really DO love them. I think that's what it comes down to, they just can't internalize their worth to others. They're ashamed of who and what they are, and that takes them down that path.

Drugs and hard living make life one hell of a ride, it just usually leads to slamming into a tree at 100 MPH instead of reaching your destination.

She was talented, but let whatever 'demons' inside her take over her, and used drugs to fight them off, or bring them on.

She was in and out of rehab a lot, but nobody can help you if you don't want to be helped.

Sorry to hear about her death. RIP Amy.

Drug use/alcohol abuse usually mask and compound other problems. Mental illness, ptsd, a lot of things. My son's best friend from childhood on dealt with it all his life until his tragic end; he was never able to appreciate that people were willing and able to deal with him and his issues. We thought he was worth it; we LIKED him even though he was high maintenance. When he was wasted, he'd lose sight of that fact. And that's how he went out...

Yeah Boo Fucking Hoo.

She'll join all the other overrated overdosed musical talents in Rock N Roll Pantheon of Overrated Overdosed Musical Talents. Meanwhile other sober, living yet struggling musicians really worth listening too won't get the attention or radio play they deserve, because, I should went to rehab, but I said No no no no no.

The disease of addiction seems to be stronger than money or the concept of "personal responsibility".

There are plenty of addicts and alchoholics who still suffer. Pray for them too.

I really like Kurt Cobain, I like Jimi, I liked Janis and Jim Morrison and I miss Bonzo. But, what I cannot tolerate is the insane worship of these people as some musical God because they came to a tragic end.

WHO THE FUCK CARES!!??

In my perfect musical world, Id trade Grace Slick, Mick Jagger and Bruce Springstein for Bonzo, Kurt and Jimi any day of the week.

I really like Kurt Cobain, I like Jimi, I liked Janis and Jim Morrison and I miss Bonzo. But, what I cannot tolerate is the insane worship of these people as some musical God because they came to a tragic end.

WHO THE FUCK CARES!!??

In my perfect musical world, Id trade Grace Slick, Mick Jagger and Bruce Springstein for Bonzo, Kurt and Jimi any day of the week.
I'll throw in Bono to get Frank back.

She was a talent. Sorry she died and didnt get cleaned up. I remember when I was a kid in west philly and There are a lot of people out there who didnt have her talent who had the same demons who died though. They were called junkies and looked down upon by everyone I knew.

Poor = junkie and should clean themselves up.
rich = substance abusers and should have sympathy thrown at them.

Drugs are a horrible thing and I think if we are honest, we all sort of knew what was going to happen to Ms. Winehouse. RIP.

Rtard, you really are an elitist dunce.

Believe me, in treatment, they're all called junkies, and they know themselves for what they are, rich, poor, young, old, whatever.

Rtard, you really are an elitist dunce.

Believe me, in treatment, they're all called junkies, and they know themselves for what they are, rich, poor, young, old, whatever.

Depends on what rehab they go to..

Some of the celebrity rehab facilities are more like resorts.

She was a talent. Sorry she died and didnt get cleaned up. I remember when I was a kid in west philly and There are a lot of people out there who didnt have her talent who had the same demons who died though. They were called junkies and looked down upon by everyone I knew.

Drugs are a horrible thing and I think if we are honest, we all sort of knew what was going to happen to Ms. Winehouse. RIP.

Talent, down and out in the hood, or strung-out vet, no one asks for the demons that drive you to the bottle, or the pills, or the needle, or the blow; but at the end of the day, whoever you are, you have to choose; get clean, get sober, or die. Another wrong choice, another wasted life; but until you face your own demons, you can't judge, and if you have, you don't want to.

"The mind is its own place, and in itself can make,
a heaven of hell, or a hell of heaven." - John Milton, Paradise Lost

Talent, down and out in the hood, or strung-out vet, no one asks for the demons that drive you to the bottle, or the pills, or the needle, or the blow; but at the end of the day, whoever you are, you have to choose; get clean, get sober, or die. Another wrong choice, another wasted life; but until you face your own demons, you can't judge, and if you have, you don't want to.

"The mind is its own place, and in itself can make,
a heaven of hell, or a hell of heaven." - John Milton, Paradise Lost

Yes, and it's so much easier when you are a 'celebrity' who has an entourage of hanger-on peeps that will get you whatever drugs you need, and enable that addiction.

Poor people just do shittier drugs, but in the end, income or status don't count when you're an addict that you let drugs take over your life.

Forum List

Back