An ‘aggressive’ chihuahua was barking at a sheriff’s deputy. The officer opened fire.

The yappy little bastards piss me off. Maybe the owner will train and control his next dog in better fashion.

NZ law allows one to seize and/or destroy a dog attacking one, is US law the same?

The other problem is that possibility that the officer will miss the dog and hit something or somebody else. It could be a dangerous move, particularly since its a small target.

That officer is a moron.

Who the hell shoots a five pound barking dog??

Good Lord what an idiot.

I am afraid of dogs. Maybe that cop is too. Dogs are supposed to
be RESTRAINED -------as far as I know that is law in most places

Its a very small five pound dog. Couldn't hurt a flea. All he had to do was tell the owner to pick up his dog not shoot the dog.

What an idiot.
It has to do with the type of folks that are attracted to the profession.

The insubordination and flat out rudeness of the homeowner that would allow his dog to bark at his authority? THAT needed swift punishment with savage cruelty.

You will notice the type of folks that support such action? Shameful. They need to search their souls.

People Who Become Cops Tend to Have Authoritarian Personality Characteristics
People Who Become Cops Tend to Have Authoritarian Personality Characteristics – Alternet.org

The other problem is that possibility that the officer will miss the dog and hit something or somebody else. It could be a dangerous move, particularly since its a small target.
Possibilities always exist. I have no idea of the backstop - I'm assuming dirt - nor of whatever may have been in the field of fire.

The yappy little bastards piss me off. Maybe the owner will train and control his next dog in better fashion.

NZ law allows one to seize and/or destroy a dog attacking one, is US law the same?

That officer is a moron.

Good Lord what an idiot.

If you are afraid of small dogs, you probably shouldn't be a police officer.

those little tiny things bark and jump as if afflicted with congenital
bitchiness

That officer is a moron.

Good Lord what an idiot.

bitchiness

. . . . and that is a threat to life? Requiring the destruction of life?

giphy.gif

The insubordination and flat out rudeness of the homeowner that would allow his dog to bark at his authority? THAT needed swift punishment with savage cruelty.

You will notice the type of folks that support such action? Shameful. They need to search their souls.
I have zero tolerance for untrained/untrainable dogs. C'est la vie.

That officer is a moron.

Good Lord what an idiot.

bitchiness

giphy.gif

That dog couldn't hurt a flea. All the owner had to do was pick up his dog and that would have been the end of it.

That officer shot a five pound dog. What a moron.

That officer is a moron.

Good Lord what an idiot.

bitchiness

giphy.gif

the cop might have been as NEUROTICALLY fearful of dogs as AM I.

An ‘aggressive’ chihuahua was barking at a sheriff’s deputy. The officer opened fire.

An Arkansas sheriff’s deputy was fired after shooting a barking chihuahua in the head Friday, an incident officials labeled “disheartening.”

Faulkner County Sheriff Tim Ryals said in a statement Saturday that deputy Keenan Wallace had been terminated after it was determined there were “numerous opportunities to de-escalate the incident.”

Subscribe to the Post Most newsletter: Today’s most popular stories on The Washington Post

Cellphone video of the encounter shows Wallace opening fire on the dog — named Reese’s — within feet of its owner, Doug Canady. Police say the incident began following a call for service for an “aggressive” dog at Canady’s home.

Canady told the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette that police were called by a woman standing in the road in front of his home, who pointed a gun toward his property. When Canady told the woman to put the gun away, she complied but threatened to call authorities, he said.

He told the Democrat-Gazette that he began filming when Wallace arrived and began to approach his house.

The graphic video — which was posted to Canady’s Facebook page Friday and has been shared more than 40,000 times — shows two dogs barking and running near the deputy’s feet.

Wallace asks Canady to come to the road. He declines.

“Okay, I’m going to come to you,” Wallace tells Canady. “If the dog gets aggressive, I’m going to shoot.”

Reese’s can be seen walking toward Wallace while barking. Seconds later, the deputy pulls the trigger of his service weapon.

“Are you . . . kidding me?” Canady asks incredulously, using numerous expletives. He continues, “I just recorded you shooting that dog, in front of me, putting me in danger.”

“No, I didn’t,” Wallace replies. “The shot hit the dog, what I aimed at.”

A chihuahua? I guess that chihuahua posed an imminent threat o hat officers life. Or even better yet, that chihuahua failed to comply with the officers command. Why if that chihuahua only knew how to act, I could have been spared getting shot.

When do we stop making excuses for these people?
Today's police officers have no balls at all.

That dog couldn't hurt a flea. All the owner had to do was pick up his dog and that would have been the end of it.
The dog can put a tooth in a leg. I recently had a tooth put in my leg by a yappy little arsehole of a thing. Missed with my kick, unfortunately. But at least the owner then picked it up.
The owner in the OP was a moron. All he had to do was pick it up but he couldn't manage that. No wonder the dog behaved as it did if trained by its owner.

Last edited:

That officer is a moron.

Good Lord what an idiot.

bitchiness

giphy.gif

Then you probably shouldn't be a police officer.

That officer is a moron.

Good Lord what an idiot.

bitchiness

giphy.gif

the owner was the moron----

bitchiness

giphy.gif

Then you probably shouldn't be a police officer.

I wouldn't consider it-------not a mailman either

bitchiness

giphy.gif

I agree. Both the owner and the officer were morons.

bitchiness

giphy.gif

I agree. Both the owner and the officer were morons.

WE COMPROMISED-------we should be elected to congress

. and that is a threat to life?
That is not mentioned in the law, what is mentioned is merely that the dog is attacking one. Same in the US?

Even if it is legal for a cop to shoot this chihuahua, doesn't mean it was proper. Not everything that is legal is something that should be done.

would have been better if he desisted------but cops have to make SNAP
decisions-----standing on their feet

Forum List

Back