An Alabama Pastor's Epic Speech against Gay Marriage (Please finish drinking your beverage first)

So...where are those OT quotes about how S & G were destroyed because of homosexuality?

The percentage of pedophile priests in the Church is lower than in the general population
Oh...that made it SO MUCH BETTER when the Church Hierarchy hide them and moved them around for decades. Because there was a lower percentage of them...................................................wonderful.
Wont admit that pedophile priests are GAY, if you are a male and you molest a boy , you are a HOMOSEXUAL

So the Catholic Church has a problem with allowing gay men to become priests? Interesting.
Obviously they do, but that hasnt stopped gay pedophiles from becoming preists has it.
Or stopped straight pedophiles from becoming priests, or ministers, or fathers.....
Has the gay movement stopped gay and lesbians pedophiles from becoming parents? same difference.

You delivered some quotes, but they certainly aren't specific to homosexuality.
Jesus Christ, dude. You're building quite the persecution complex aren't you. I didn't "play" any card against you, I responded to a thread you started. That's the point of a message board. I didn't call you "hateful". If you don't want people to respond, then you shouldn't start the thread.

Please read again. You said the pastor's comments were hateful, alas saying he was hateful. I've had many liberals today use hatred as an argument, not necessarily calling me hateful in the process. Go read the threads about Rudy Giuliani if you don't believe me.

And I do want people to respond, or I would have never posted this thread to begin with. Putting it out there kind of says "hey come comment on this thread!" does it not?

He's "hateful" because the opinion that he is expressing is hate - and I compared him to the Westboro fuckheads because from my perspective, this guys "gall" that you admire so much is indistinguishable from the "gall" of the Westboro fuckheads.

So, why is it anyone who doesn't agree with or has a problem with men in size 13 or 14 shoes kissing each other on the mouth suddenly hateful? I oppose gay marriage as a personal opinion, but that has no bearing on my belief the people should be treated equally under the law. And that's just it, from your perspective. There are many more you are failing to consider.

In your opinion, would you consider someone who "doesn't agree or has a problem with" black men kissing white women in public as "hateful"?

STOP trying to compare homo marriage to blacks in any shape or form. Homosexuals are NOT a race
No one ever said they were.

But gay Americans are entitled to the protected liberty to decide for themselves how best to live their lives absent unwarranted interference by the state, where seeking to deny gay Americans access to marriage law they're eligible to participate in is un-Constitutional; whether homosexuality manifests as a consequence of birth or choice has no bearing on the issue.

For the state therefore to seek to discriminate against an American because of his race or sexual orientation is equally repugnant to the Constitution.
I am fine with gay civil rights, but I am not fine with thier agenda to become a protected class.

I bet you said the same thing about women 40 years ago. Does it occur to you that they have had NO rights until recently?

I used an absurd example to show that your interpretation of the decision ("People can now freely exempt themselves from laws they deem violate their religious convictions. Solid case.") was absurd.

It isn't. You can call it absurd all you want to, but having a general sense of how the law actually works, I can tell you for a fact that this ruling will impact federal law regarding discrimination against homosexuals. Trust me, I know.

The law specifically impacted will be this one:

42 U.S.C. 2000a

(a) Equal access
All persons shall be entitled to the full and equal enjoyment of the goods, services, facilities, privileges, advantages, and accommodations of any place of public accommodation, as defined in this section, without discrimination or segregation on the ground of race, color, religion, or national origin.

It can be gleaned here that people can and will file for an exemption based on this law, because such compliance would violate their religious beliefs, they will cite the Burwell v Hobby Lobby case as precedent.

Filing an "exemption" is not the same as receiving one.

And please don't try to act like an expert on the law. I know you're not a lawyer, you're no more an expert on how the law works than any of us are.

You don't need to be a lawyer to know about the law. But you seem to think you are an expert on Supreme Court rulings, so please, be my guest and show me why the scope of this SCOTUS ruling will only be limited to contraception?

Moreover, simply filing an exemption will, in the process of consideration, allow the proprietor to continue his or her desired practice unless granted a reprieve or denied and ordered to comply with the law. Simple.
Dr.Quack thinks he is an expert on every thing, haven't you noticed?
The fool is getting massacred :)

Have another drink mary :alcoholic::alcoholic:

That Bible you quoted earlier calls what you do an abomination...think about it

It also says that wearing a cotton/polyester blend is an abomination.

Old Covenant, it was done away with by the New Covenant and it was also Mosaic Law which only applied
to Jews, you've been crushed and your Biblical knowledge is laughable

The verses calling homosexuality an "abomination" are also Mosaic law.

Except that homosexuality is condemned in the New Testament. Keep trying old fool

Quote?

Matthew 19:1-8

Romans 1:18-32

1 Corinthians 6:9-11

Galatians 5:19

Colossians 3:5-7

1 Timothy 1:10

Titus 1:16

Jude 1:4, 7, and 19

Revelation 21:27

It isn't. You can call it absurd all you want to, but having a general sense of how the law actually works, I can tell you for a fact that this ruling will impact federal law regarding discrimination against homosexuals. Trust me, I know.

The law specifically impacted will be this one:

42 U.S.C. 2000a

(a) Equal access
All persons shall be entitled to the full and equal enjoyment of the goods, services, facilities, privileges, advantages, and accommodations of any place of public accommodation, as defined in this section, without discrimination or segregation on the ground of race, color, religion, or national origin.

It can be gleaned here that people can and will file for an exemption based on this law, because such compliance would violate their religious beliefs, they will cite the Burwell v Hobby Lobby case as precedent.

Filing an "exemption" is not the same as receiving one.

And please don't try to act like an expert on the law. I know you're not a lawyer, you're no more an expert on how the law works than any of us are.

You don't need to be a lawyer to know about the law. But you seem to think you are an expert on Supreme Court rulings, so please, be my guest and show me why the scope of this SCOTUS ruling will only be limited to contraception?

Moreover, simply filing an exemption will, in the process of consideration, allow the proprietor to continue his or her desired practice unless granted a reprieve or denied and ordered to comply with the law. Simple.
Dr.Quack thinks he is an expert on every thing, haven't you noticed?

Have another drink mary :alcoholic::alcoholic:

If ou don't have anything besides childish blather to add why don't you run along, mona

Thanks for your opinion
You mean, like your opinion about what is and is not a christian church.

It also says those laws were rendered obsolete.

“Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished."

Matthew 5:17–18

One Sabbath Jesus was going through the grainfields, and as his disciples walked along, they began to pick some heads of grain. The Pharisees said to him, “Look, why are they doing what is unlawful on the Sabbath?”

"He answered, “Have you never read what David did when he and his companions were hungry and in need? In the days of Abiathar the high priest, he entered the house of God and ate the consecrated bread, which is lawful only for priests to eat. And he also gave some to his companions. Then he said to them, “The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath. 28 So the Son of Man is Lord even of the Sabbath."

Mark 2:23-28

The death of Christ served as a fulfillment of the old law, so that those Christians who did not follow it could be forgiven and given a second chance:

"Christ is the culmination of the law so that there may be righteousness for everyone who believes."

Romans 10:4

"By calling this covenant "new," he has made the first one obsolete; and what is obsolete and outdated will soon disappear."

Hebrews 8:13

That must mean the passages that state homosexuality is an "abomination" are "obsolete" too.

They are, but read those found in the New Testament. See, this is where I find the irony of you lecturing me about context, but refusing to quote the Bible in context. I don't follow any of ritualistic or superstitious laws asserted by the Old Testament Mosaic Law, because Jesus died on the cross to fulfill the penalty of those laws and create a new covenant with man.

Maybe somewhere, but not on this thread.

You haven't been paying attention. the fool was shellacked

:lol:

Only in your fever dreams, kid.

How did that mixed fabric comment turn out for you, fool? You've been beaten to a pulp

When you get older, you'll realize that simply declaring victory does not mean you actually won anything.

Isn't that what you did a few pages back? "We are winning this fight! It will be legal in all 50 states in six months!"

Now I will start off by saying that his views don't necessarily reflect mine, so save the "you're a bigot" or "you're a homophobe", "or where in the Bible does it say this, that or the other thing" posts. But you must admire the gall and the guts of a Birmingham Pastor named Cedric Hatcher for absolutely taking a taking a Town Hall meeting by storm, throwing political correctness to the wind to voice his mind on the topic of homosexuality.

I tell you what, hoss, Duracell didn't have no batteries on the shelf that morning.

"I know Alabama pay [sic] a lotta money yesterday. I know somebody else who paid a lotta money too: Duracell ain't got no batteries on the shelf this morning. All 'them batteries gone. I tried to find a battery for my radio this morning, couldn't find there [sic] nowhere. I said, "what happened?" They said, "Rev, them done bought all the batteries last night, they celebrated some kind of way, just bought all the batteries." I don't know what they do to batteries, but I mo preach.. I ain't going there. I don't know what they did with all them batteries."

-2:19 through 2:45

AMEN Brother! It's OK for People not to like or agree with gay marriage.

That guy in the background held it together well when the pastor got to the part about the batteries. I would have been rolling in the aisles laughing.

• Thanks
Reactions: NLT

How did that mixed fabric comment turn out for you, fool? You've been beaten to a pulp

When you get older, you'll realize that simply declaring victory does not mean you actually won anything.

Isn't that what you did a few pages back? "We are winning this fight! It will be legal in all 50 states in six months!"

That should leave a mark :)

Now I will start off by saying that his views don't necessarily reflect mine, so save the "you're a bigot" or "you're a homophobe", "or where in the Bible does it say this, that or the other thing" posts. But you must admire the gall and the guts of a Birmingham Pastor named Cedric Hatcher for absolutely taking a taking a Town Hall meeting by storm, throwing political correctness to the wind to voice his mind on the topic of homosexuality.

I tell you what, hoss, Duracell didn't have no batteries on the shelf that morning.

"I know Alabama pay [sic] a lotta money yesterday. I know somebody else who paid a lotta money too: Duracell ain't got no batteries on the shelf this morning. All 'them batteries gone. I tried to find a battery for my radio this morning, couldn't find there [sic] nowhere. I said, "what happened?" They said, "Rev, them done bought all the batteries last night, they celebrated some kind of way, just bought all the batteries." I don't know what they do to batteries, but I mo preach.. I ain't going there. I don't know what they did with all them batteries."

-2:19 through 2:45

AMEN Brother! It's OK for People not to like or agree with gay marriage.

That guy in the background held it together well when the pastor got to the part about the batteries. I would have been rolling in the aisles laughing.

It was hilarious, I tell you.

This is what I mean by trying to find a "gotcha".

You mean, like your opinion about what is and is not a christian church.

“Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished."

One Sabbath Jesus was going through the grainfields, and as his disciples walked along, they began to pick some heads of grain. The Pharisees said to him, “Look, why are they doing what is unlawful on the Sabbath?”

"He answered, “Have you never read what David did when he and his companions were hungry and in need? In the days of Abiathar the high priest, he entered the house of God and ate the consecrated bread, which is lawful only for priests to eat. And he also gave some to his companions. Then he said to them, “The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath. 28 So the Son of Man is Lord even of the Sabbath."

The death of Christ served as a fulfillment of the old law, so that those Christians who did not follow it could be forgiven and given a second chance:

"Christ is the culmination of the law so that there may be righteousness for everyone who believes."

"By calling this covenant "new," he has made the first one obsolete; and what is obsolete and outdated will soon disappear."

That must mean the passages that state homosexuality is an "abomination" are "obsolete" too.

You are totally clueless on Biblical matters, stop embarrassing yourself
You are totally clueless about the laws of our land

Nope. I did catch you doing something you were calling other people out on. That is a clear and defined example. If you don't like being called out, sorry, don't hand down judgement until you make sure you abide by it first.

Nope. I did catch you doing something you were calling other people out on. That is a clear and defined example. If you don't like being called out, sorry, don't hand down judgement until you make sure you abide by it first.
You should have told DR Quack, Tough Shit.

You are totally clueless on Biblical matters, stop embarrassing yourself
You are totally clueless about the laws of our land

Are you jumping up and down screaming look at me!!!!?

• Thanks
Reactions: NLT

Forum List

Back