An apology letter to Mr. Obama

Throwing darts at a picture of Obama is not threatening Obama.

A clown wearing an Obama mask is not threatening Obama.

If the partisan tables were turned, liberals would be outraged at someone losing their livelihood for this kind of comical political expression.

Wonder what African-American rodeo veteran Leon Coffee thinks of Obama being off limits to this kind of spoofing. Here he is in his Hillary mask in 2008.

2008_628x471.jpg

Ya know..

Some time ago..I use to post on another board "cough: Hannity" where there was absolute "outrage" about any "mocking" of President Bush. I wholeheartly agreed that if there was a threat made, such as hanging or burning, that the mocking had gone to far and was possibly illegal.

Fast forward to the present day, where I see that the "mocking" has far exceeded what happened to Bush.

And Conservatives rallying around to protect the people doing the mocking.

Do you really think this looks good?

That wasn't mocking.

Poking fun that someone may not like....yes. Threat....no.

Well guess you don't know the difference.

Poking fun would be like:

Gee Obama has big ears!

A Threat would be like:

Who wants to see Obama run over by a bull!

Glad I could help.

Is it really that difficult for you to differentiate between satire and reality? Or, have you been dumbed down to this level, Sallow? I took you as a little smarter than that.

Ya know..

Some time ago..I use to post on another board "cough: Hannity" where there was absolute "outrage" about any "mocking" of President Bush. I wholeheartly agreed that if there was a threat made, such as hanging or burning, that the mocking had gone to far and was possibly illegal.

Fast forward to the present day, where I see that the "mocking" has far exceeded what happened to Bush.

Far exceeded what happened to George W. Bush? B*llsh*t.

Gee Obama has big ears!

A Threat would be like:

Glad I could help.

Is it really that difficult for you to differentiate between satire and reality? Or, have you been dumbed down to this level, Sallow? I took you as a little smarter than that.

That was "satire"?

Satire is generally smart.

Guess that's something these cowboys, lack.

Is smarts.

And there's a reason for the law against threatening the President.

You'd know that if you were "smart".

:lol:

Ya know..

Far exceeded what happened to George W. Bush? B*llsh*t.

Well yeah..it is.

Find me an event, funded partly by taxes, that rose to this level.

Or..how about finding me a Democratic Congress person that called George W. Bush a "liar" in the middle of a speech in the halls of congress. And that's WITH him telling whoppers about Aluminum Tubing and Yellow Cake Uranium.

You guys are 24/7 with this...

Keep it up..because it is further marginalizing Conservatives.

Well yeah..it is.

Find me an event, funded partly by taxes, that rose to this level.

Or..how about finding me a Democratic Congress person that called George W. Bush a "liar" in the middle of a speech in the halls of congress. And that's WITH him telling whoppers about Aluminum Tubing and Yellow Cake Uranium.

You guys are 24/7 with this...

Keep it up..because it is further marginalizing Conservatives.

Well, if you require that events match detail for detail, I most likely won't be able to find examples. That's a rather disingenuous ploy and it doesn't change the fact that it is unmitigated bull to claim that the present-day mocking of Obama has far exceeded what was done to Bush.

This is like when Bush had a shoe thrown at him. People simply do not respect Obama. Sure, some worship Obama, mindlessly, but educated people who can still think for themselves do not like Obama.

That wasn't mocking.

Gee Obama has big ears!

A Threat would be like:

Glad I could help.

It would actually be a threat if it had actually been President Obama standing out there.

It was a Rodeo Clown and in this country we have a thing called freedom of speech.
That includes political satire, oppositions, criticism or ridicule,against any sitting President or Politician no matter what side their politics are on.

The very thing that this rodeo Clown did, is the very reason we have freedom of speech.
He should never have been punished for it.

The left are attacking each and every one of our Bill of rights, simply because they want to be the rulers and do what they want.

Just because our President is half black does mean that our 1st Amendments rights should be silenced.

When the new season begins, I wonder if NBC will be apologizing, or firing the entire cast of Saturday Night Live the next time they perform a skit poking fun at the president ?

George Bush: A Rodeo Veteran Takes Bull By The Horns Jimmy Lee Walker Makes His Comeback In A Young Man's Game. - Philly.com

Obama wasn't threatened. A rodeo clown wearing a mask was.

I guess the Republican governor is trying to appease the people in his purple state in the face of overblown news coverage, or maybe just playing to the cameras. People seldom rise to the level of governor without learning how to play the game.
Gee did the announcer say this before the bull charged a dummy Bush?

“The announcer wanted to know if anyone would like to see Obama run down by a bull. The crowd went wild. He asked it again and again, louder each time, whipping the audience into a lather. One of the clowns ran up and started bobbling the lips on the mask and the people went crazy.”

That wasn't mocking.

Gee Obama has big ears!

A Threat would be like:

Glad I could help.

the bush (1) mask clown was literally run over by the bull.. ......please hold your tears in check, I know you're devastated......

:rolleyes:

Disengenuous hater dupes much? lol Squeezing his lips to gales of laughter- not cool. I'm surrounded by rural white hater dupes who love n***** jokes....lovely people beside that and their misinformed hater dupe politics...

Last edited:

Gee Obama has big ears!

A Threat would be like:

Glad I could help.

A threat huh?

In 1994, there was a ?George Bush? rodeo clown dummy | WashingtonExaminer.com

In the wake of ‘Clown-gate’ at the Missouri State Fair, it appears that professional rodeo clowns will think twice before mocking the president.

But in 1994, Douglas A. Campbell, a writer for the Philadelphia Inquirer chronicled a rodeo clown even featuring George H.W. Bush.

From the report:

The big white gate flew open. The bull came out bucking. The rider flopped from side to side and the bullfighters held back, letting the bull make his moves until the rider dropped off. Licciardello crouched in a heavily padded barrel, a human target should the bull decide to charge. Hawkins waited near the barrel, holding his big inner tube. A dummy with a George Bush mask stood beside the clown, propped up by a broomstick.
…
T.J. Hawkins rolled out the big inner tube, and the bull lowered his head, shot forward and launched into the tube, sending it bounding down the center of the arena. The crowd cheered. Then the bull saw the George Bush dummy. He tore into it, sending the rubber mask flying halfway across the sand as he turned toward the fence, sending cowboys scrambling up the fence rails, hooking one with his horn and tossing him off the fence

I guess you and the other Democrats have forgotten when these were considered nothing more than people exerting their 1st Amendment Rights and any complaints about them was because Conservatives had too thin of skin...

Kill-Bush-Poster-105596189414.jpeg

kill-bush-poster.jpg

saveearthkillbush.jpg

kill_bush_sights.jpg

killbushshirt2.jpg

KillBush_Kids_180.jpg

Kill-Bush-10.jpg

Disengenuous hater dupes much? lol Squeezing his lips to gales of laughter- not cool. I'm surrounded by rural white hater dupes who love n***** jokes....lovely people beside that and their misinformed hater dupe politics...

So move, loser. I imagine your neighbors would throw a party.

This is starting to look like a re-do of Paul Deen.

People might be getting sick of the manufactured outrage over nothing right about now.

Well I did pick up my copy of Paula Deen magazine at Wally World this morning. Guess they didn't dump her quite as far away as they said they would.

Forum List

Back