An Apology to African Americans

In the U.S. affirmative action's original purpose was to pressure institutions into compliance with the nondiscrimination mandate of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.

Affirmative action has been the subject of numerous court cases,[74] and has been questioned upon its constitutional legitimacy. In 2003, a Supreme Court decision regarding affirmative action in higher education (Grutter v. Bollinger, 539 US 244 – Supreme Court 2003) permitted educational institutions to consider race as a factor when admitting students.[5] Alternatively, some colleges use financial criteria to attract racial groups that have typically been under-represented and typically have lower living conditions. Some states such as California (California Civil Rights Initiative), Michigan (Michigan Civil Rights Initiative), and Washington (Initiative 200) have passed constitutional amendments banning public institutions, including public schools, from practicing affirmative action within their respective states.

If you're white and can't make it in America you're a loser. The fact you want reparations tells me all I need to know.

White people haven't traditionally needed reparations since the playing field is tipped in their favor. Do you deny you benefit from white privilege? Have all your bosses been white?
There is no such thing as white privilege. That is a myth that blacks are conned into thinking to get them to vote Democrat

Quite amazing after 50 years of Affirmative Action discrimination against whites, that somebody could not recognize all this black privilege, and massive victimization of whites

How dumb

If you're black and can't make it in America, with all the advantage of Affirmative Action going for you, you're a loser
Everything you say is a myth

The pro-black discrimination has been documented in studies and reverse discrimination cases over and over again.

TO deny it is increasingly irrational.

It is very hard as a privileged white guy to take you seriously. I think you are a very intelligent alt righty and you make a lot of good points and I love it how classy you keep it but you're going to have to convince me that it's not easier for a white guy in America than it is for a black man. In fact it's laughable. Maybe I don't know what it's like to be a 25 year old white competing with a 25 year old black but when you get to be a middle aged white guy you and your buddies pretty much own corporate America.

Sorry, I just don't see enough black hiring managers or even co-workers for that matter to believe blacks have it better than whites.

And besides, they only make up 12% of the population. Now consider all the blacks who aren't even qualified to go to college or compete against you for a job. What are we talking about here? A very very small percentage of the population who's taking up a seat at Harvard or taking your seat in the executive board room.

Remember whites didn't want to play with blacks in baseball or basketball? Now there is an industry where blacks absolutely cost a lot of whites their jobs. LOL
Your ignorance is astounding. 50 years ago the CUNY (its 18 colleges) had an open admissions program (AA). Was set up to bring blacks into the university system. High school grade requirements were abolished. Any dum dum could be admitted. Classes were watered down to 8th grade levels
Total mess.

And how can anyone think it to be easier for a white guy than a black ? When blacks are beneficiaries of race discrimination in AA, and get first chances for jobs, job promotion, college admissions, college financial aid, business loans, etc

You don't know anything.

Total nonsense. What university
If any blacks (or white liberals) were to apologize to me for 50 years of Affirmative Action racial discrimination against me (& millions of whites), I would not accept their apologies. Apologies are for the benefit of the apologizers

Let blacks & their white Libby buddies pay me reparations$$ for the millions$$ that their racist Affirmative Action has cost me over 50 years. That I'll accept.
If you're white and can't make it in America you're a loser. The fact you want reparations tells me all I need to know.

White people haven't traditionally needed reparations since the playing field is tipped in their favor. Do you deny you benefit from white privilege? Have all your bosses been white?
There is no such thing as white privilege. That is a myth that blacks are conned into thinking to get them to vote Democrat

Quite amazing after 50 years of Affirmative Action discrimination against whites, that somebody could not recognize all this black privilege, and massive victimization of whites

How dumb

If you're black and can't make it in America, with all the advantage of Affirmative Action going for you, you're a loser

The pro-black discrimination has been documented in studies and reverse discrimination cases over and over again.

Then provide a link.

How dumb

It is very hard as a privileged white guy to take you seriously. I think you are a very intelligent alt righty and you make a lot of good points and I love it how classy you keep it but you're going to have to convince me that it's not easier for a white guy in America than it is for a black man. In fact it's laughable. Maybe I don't know what it's like to be a 25 year old white competing with a 25 year old black but when you get to be a middle aged white guy you and your buddies pretty much own corporate America.

Sorry, I just don't see enough black hiring managers or even co-workers for that matter to believe blacks have it better than whites.

And besides, they only make up 12% of the population. Now consider all the blacks who aren't even qualified to go to college or compete against you for a job. What are we talking about here? A very very small percentage of the population who's taking up a seat at Harvard or taking your seat in the executive board room.

Remember whites didn't want to play with blacks in baseball or basketball? Now there is an industry where blacks absolutely cost a lot of whites their jobs. LOL
Your ignorance is astounding. 50 years ago the CUNY (its 18 colleges) had an open admissions program (AA). Was set up to bring blacks into the university system. High school grade requirements were abolished. Any dum dum could be admitted. Classes were watered down to 8th grade levels
Total mess.

And how can anyone think it to be easier for a white guy than a black ? When blacks are beneficiaries of race discrimination in AA, and get first chances for jobs, job promotion, college admissions, college financial aid, business loans, etc

You don't know anything.

That's because I don't sit around ignorantly worrying about how blacks have it better than me when I know that just isn't true. You alt right neo nazi's are very clever though. You actually won the election with this bullshit. i have a feeling though it'll cost you in 2020 but it was totally worth it. All the shit Republicans are doing to regulations not to mention that supreme court justice you got to pick. Mother *#)$8r. LOL.

If any blacks (or white liberals) were to apologize to me for 50 years of Affirmative Action racial discrimination against me (& millions of whites), I would not accept their apologies. Apologies are for the benefit of the apologizers

Let blacks & their white Libby buddies pay me reparations$$ for the millions$$ that their racist Affirmative Action has cost me over 50 years. That I'll accept.

Your lack of compassion for tens of millions of poor whites is noted and held against you.

The field has not been tilted in our favor in my lifetime.

Myth 1: The only way to create a color-blind society is to adopt color-blind policies.
Although this statement sounds intuitively plausible, the reality is that color-blind policies often put racial minorities at a disadvantage. For instance, all else being equal, color-blind seniority systems tend to protect White workers against job layoffs, because senior employees are usually White (Ezorsky, 1991). Likewise, color-blind college admissions favor White students because of their earlier educational advantages. Unless preexisting inequities are corrected or otherwise taken into account, color-blind policies do not correct racial injustice -- they reinforce it.

Myth 2: Affirmative action has not succeeded in increasing female and minority representation.

Myth 3: Affirmative action may have been necessary 30 years ago, but the playing field is fairly level today.

Myth 4: The public doesn't support affirmative action anymore.

Myth 7: You can't cure discrimination with discrimination.

Myth 8: Affirmative action tends to undermine the self-esteem of women and racial minorities.

Myth 9: Affirmative action is nothing more than an attempt at social engineering by liberal Democrats.

UnderstandingPrejudice.org: Ten Myths About Affirmative Action

How dumb

Total mess.

You don't know anything.

This one is for you

Myth 5: A large percentage of White workers will lose out if affirmative action is continued.
Government statistics do not support this myth. According to the U.S. Commerce Department, there are 2.6 million unemployed Black civilians and 114 million employed White civilians (U.S. Bureau of the Census, 2011). Thus, even if every unemployed Black worker in the United States were to displace a White worker, only 2% of Whites would be affected. Furthermore, affirmative action pertains only to job-qualified applicants, so the actual percentage of affected Whites would be even smaller. The main sources of job loss among White workers have to do with factory relocations and labor contracting outside the United States, computerization and automation, and corporate downsizing

And that's IF.

How dumb

Total mess.

You don't know anything.

How dumb

Then provide a link.

How dumb

Total mess.

You don't know anything.

How dumb

Then provide a link.
City University of New York. Open admissions - 1970s. Probably worse now. You don't know anything.

Total mess.

You don't know anything.

How dumb

Then provide a link.

Total mess.

You don't know anything.

How dumb

Then provide a link.
City University of New York. Open admissions - 1970s. Probably worse now. You don't know anything.

The numbers don't like you fucking loser! Lets look at the numbers again

White fools like you are being told that a large percentage of White workers will lose out if affirmative action is continued. There are 2.6 million unemployed Black civilians and 114 million employed White civilians. Even if every unemployed Black worker were to displace a White worker (which they won't), only 2% of Whites would be affected.

Furthermore, affirmative action pertains only to job-qualified applicants, so the actual percentage of affected Whites would be even smaller. In other words, you don't have to worry about a lot of the blacks who are out of work because they aren't even qualified for the job you are applying to.

So not even 1% of whites are affected by affirmative action. At least not by blacks. Now women might be a different story.

Total mess.

You don't know anything.

How dumb

Then provide a link.

Total mess.

You don't know anything.

How dumb

Then provide a link.

Well clearly you don't know anything either since you are guessing that it's PROBABLY?? worse now?

I'm glad I'm talking to an informed idiot.

AN APOLOGY TO AFRICAN AMERICANS – LONG OVERDUE

I couldn’t focus at work today. My mind kept taking me back to Charlottesville.

I kept seeing the hate in the eyes of the KKK, White Supremacists and Neo-Nazi protesters.

I kept hearing the voices of those who vowed to “take their country back” and rid it of all diversity and unity.

In my heart, I can find no other response but to apologize – for their hatred, for their violence, for their total ignorance of who you really are.

I am a white woman who has been married to a black man for 37 years.

I KNOW you are wonderful. I KNOW you are spiritual. I KNOW you are warm, loving and forgiving. I KNOW you deserve better. I KNOW you deserve an apology.

An apology from our nation, from our leaders and from every white person who has never spoken up against racism and the way you have been treated in this United States of America.

As one individual, I do apologize. Right here. Right now.

It may not help a lot. It may not change the course of history. It may not even make a crack in the wall that divides us. But still – I APOLOGIZE.

Delores Paulk

So whites that never owned slaves should apologize to blacks that never were slaves? Interesting.

Total mess.

You don't know anything.

How dumb

Then provide a link.

Total mess.

You don't know anything.

How dumb

Then provide a link.

The numbers don't like you fucking loser! Lets look at the numbers again

White fools like you are being told that a large percentage of White workers will lose out if affirmative action is continued. There are 2.6 million unemployed Black civilians and 114 million employed White civilians. Even if every unemployed Black worker were to displace a White worker (which they won't), only 2% of Whites would be affected.

Furthermore, affirmative action pertains only to job-qualified applicants, so the actual percentage of affected Whites would be even smaller. In other words, you don't have to worry about a lot of the blacks who are out of work because they aren't even qualified for the job you are applying to.

So not even 1% of whites are affected by affirmative action. At least not by blacks. Now women might be a different story.

If any amount other than 0% of whites are affected by affirmative action, it's whatever that amount is too much.

How dumb

1. Neither I nor any of my buddies own corporate America. Those that do, hold not sense of loyalty to me or anyone based on race.

2. If blacks are underrepresented in your career or level, it probably is related to their their dysfunctional communities, but that is not because of white racism or "privilege", but because of their internal issues.

3. I'm a middle aged white guy and I've had plenty of black co workers and even bosses.

How dumb

Total mess.

You don't know anything.

How dumb

Then provide a link.

Here the one to a study that was able to give a nice hard number to HOW MUCH discrimination is found in Ivy League college admissions.

NOrmally I would like to link to a report about the article, to make it more readable, BUT all the ones I find that are NOT found conservative sites, seem solely concerned with the impact on Asians, without reference to whites.

https://www.princeton.edu/~tje/files/webAdmission Preferences Espenshade Chung Walling Dec 2004.pdf

"Based on complete data for three applicant cohorts to three of the most academically selective research universities, we show that admission bonuses for athletes and legacies rival, and sometimes even exceed, the size of preferences for underrepresented minority applicants. Being African American instead of white is worth an average of 230 additional SAT points on a 1600-point scale, but recruited athletes reap an advantage equivalent to 200 SAT points. Other things equal, Hispanic applicants gain the equivalent of 185 points, which is only slightly more than the legacy advantage, which is worth 160 points. Coming from an Asian background, however, is comparable to the loss of 50 SAT points. As sizeable as these preferences are, we provide evidence that their magnitudes are biased down by relying on SAT scores as the sole indicator of academic merit. When such additional measures as high school GPA and class rank are included, being a recruited athlete has an even greater impact on one’s chances of admission. The African-American and Hispanic advantage also increases, as does the disadvantage if one has an Asian background."

Your lack of compassion for tens of millions of poor whites is noted and held against you.

Correct! It has been tilted against whites.

You guys crack me up. What this sounds like to me is poor whites being manipulated by the rich and the Republicans into believing that it's not them who fucked you over it's the liberals and blacks. Classic.

Even when Republicans are in charge, it's still our fault. LOL.

Even With Affirmative Action, Blacks
and Hispanics Are More Underrepresented
at Top Colleges Than 35 Years Ago

Don’t Just Protect Affirmative Action From Trump—Demand More
Demand all you like. Trump and Sessions already have legal action underway to abolish AA, and the SCOTUS will back them up

How dumb

1. Neither I nor any of my buddies own corporate America. Those that do, hold not sense of loyalty to me or anyone based on race.

2. If blacks are underrepresented in your career or level, it probably is related to their their dysfunctional communities, but that is not because of white racism or "privilege", but because of their internal issues.

3. I'm a middle aged white guy and I've had plenty of black co workers and even bosses.

Everyone's opinion is based on the reality around them. If you see a lot of black co-workers and bosses then you probably think racism is over. Its not. At least not from my perspective.

And your attitude that blacks problems stem from their dysfuctional communities is proof of your racism and ignorance towards what put them in that situation to begin with. I already know I'm not going to convince you that it's not their fault. In fact it is our fault. That's what the Kerner Commission was all about. That's what it determined. Why are blacks in the situation they are in? Because whites in the 60's had a very bad attitude about blacks. And the truth is we still do. Even me.

Those internal issues blacks have? We created those issues by treating them like 2nd class citizens.

Anyways, we see AA affects less than 1% of white people. Get over it. It's not why you guys are underachiving. That's the thing you don't get. The republicans love it that you are blaming Democrats and Liberals. Stop doing that. The GOP are in charge so eventually you'll have to start blaming them for your woes.

Total mess.

You don't know anything.

How dumb

Then provide a link.

Here the one to a study that was able to give a nice hard number to HOW MUCH discrimination is found in Ivy League college admissions.

NOrmally I would like to link to a report about the article, to make it more readable, BUT all the ones I find that are NOT found conservative sites, seem solely concerned with the impact on Asians, without reference to whites.

https://www.princeton.edu/~tje/files/webAdmission Preferences Espenshade Chung Walling Dec 2004.pdf

"Based on complete data for three applicant cohorts to three of the most academically selective research universities, we show that admission bonuses for athletes and legacies rival, and sometimes even exceed, the size of preferences for underrepresented minority applicants. Being African American instead of white is worth an average of 230 additional SAT points on a 1600-point scale, but recruited athletes reap an advantage equivalent to 200 SAT points. Other things equal, Hispanic applicants gain the equivalent of 185 points, which is only slightly more than the legacy advantage, which is worth 160 points. Coming from an Asian background, however, is comparable to the loss of 50 SAT points. As sizeable as these preferences are, we provide evidence that their magnitudes are biased down by relying on SAT scores as the sole indicator of academic merit. When such additional measures as high school GPA and class rank are included, being a recruited athlete has an even greater impact on one’s chances of admission. The African-American and Hispanic advantage also increases, as does the disadvantage if one has an Asian background."
LOL. Liberals love their studies. All from liberal sources, of course. :rolleyes:

Myth 1: The only way to create a color-blind society is to adopt color-blind policies.
Although this statement sounds intuitively plausible, the reality is that color-blind policies often put racial minorities at a disadvantage. For instance, all else being equal, color-blind seniority systems tend to protect White workers against job layoffs, because senior employees are usually White (Ezorsky, 1991). Likewise, color-blind college admissions favor White students because of their earlier educational advantages. Unless preexisting inequities are corrected or otherwise taken into account, color-blind policies do not correct racial injustice -- they reinforce it.
Myth 1 is not a Myth; however, it takes time. Over time, years or perhaps over 2 or 3 generations a color-blind society can be reached by adopting color-blind policies. Policies such as AA may help in the short term, but in the long term if continued will prevent having a color-blind society.
It's time to end AA and adopt color-blind policies now.

1. So, the poor white and bright kid with dreams of an Ivy League education and maybe becoming President someday, gets his dreams ignored because some black student who scored less but has black skin gets the scholarship?

There has been enough of that.

2. ANd what of the effects of discrimination for blacks against whites? What does that reinforce? A sense of racist entitlement among blacks and racial resentment among the whites being screwed.

1. So, the poor white and bright kid with dreams of an Ivy League education and maybe becoming President someday, gets his dreams ignored because some black student who scored less but has black skin gets the scholarship?

There has been enough of that.

2. ANd what of the effects of discrimination for blacks against whites? What does that reinforce? A sense of racist entitlement among blacks and racial resentment among the whites being screwed.
Well you did win the election so knowing this was your feelings before the election and you still won I say you guys get to end affirmative action. I just think you shouldn't. But that's ok. I'm actually glad you are doing it. Maybe it'll get blacks to vote next time. Remember they said there was no difference between the parties? End AA to prove to them I'm right please.

How dumb

Everyone's opinion is based on the reality around them. If you see a lot of black co-workers and bosses then you probably think racism is over. Its not. At least not from my perspective.

And your attitude that blacks problems stem from their dysfuctional communities is proof of your racism and ignorance towards what put them in that situation to begin with. I already know I'm not going to convince you that it's not their fault. In fact it is our fault. That's what the Kerner Commission was all about. That's what it determined. Why are blacks in the situation they are in? Because whites in the 60's had a very bad attitude about blacks. And the truth is we still do. Even me.

Those internal issues blacks have? We created those issues by treating them like 2nd class citizens.

Anyways, we see AA affects less than 1% of white people. Get over it. It's not why you guys are underachiving. That's the thing you don't get. The republicans love it that you are blaming Democrats and Liberals. Stop doing that. The GOP are in charge so eventually you'll have to start blaming them for your woes.

The issues that drive the dysfunction have WORSENED as anti black discrimination has been replaced with pro black discrimination.

That does not make sense if the cause was white racism.

Forum List

Back