An Appeal to Bernie Supporters

One of the many failings of conservatives is their comprehensive lack of political acumen.

Ironically, you have stumbled across a valid point: Liberals have much more "political acumen" in the sense of appealing to low information voters with vapid slogans and meaningless generalizations.

And, of course, name calling.

The latest news is that Wells Fargo bigwigs will keep their million dollar bonuses, as will Sen. Joe Manchin's daughter who profited from making schools buy EpiPens from her company.

Aren't you tired of the rampant corruption between Big Business and Government? Do you think Hillary will do anything but further this unholy alliance?

Donald Trump scares the hell out of both of them, and with good reason. Why not give him a chance to start taking names and kicking ass?

We agree that the current system is rigged. Let's give our country a chance to break this duopoly; if Trump doesn't perform, we can replace him with Elizabeth Warren in four years. (Yes, I would prefer her to Hillary.)

Completely illogical. Bernie Sanders and Donald Rump could not possibly be more polar opposites in their values. You literally could not find two people who ever ran for President who were more diametrically opposed in their ideas of how the world should work. Literally can't do it. What you're apparently proposing is a negative: "vote for Rump because (he says) the Establishment doesn't like him" --- which is itself illogical since he's been a YUGE part of the Establishment all his life, playing it from both sides.

I agree with TwoThumbs. Rump is in it for himself, he's always been in whatever he's dabbled in for himself, and he always will be. Period, end of story, waiter check please, cue fat lady.
Dude, Bernie endorsed the EXACT OPPOSITE of what gave him his popularity. He is just another two faced bitch in the political class.

And ---- what was the alternative at that point?

I head he endorsed her so that he could speak at the Democratic convention. But after he endorsed her, he could have changed his mind and rescinded his endorsement and either chosen to support Jill Stein, compete against her, or even create his own party. To be fair, I only came to support Jill Stein as more information came in as to how the Democratic Party establishment essentially cheated Bernie out of a win. The media was certainly in on it as well. After those things happened, I couldn't stomach supporting Hillary, even with his endorsement, and turned my support to Jill.

Dude, Bernie endorsed the EXACT OPPOSITE of what gave him his popularity.

He most definitely did not. Time and again he's made speeches highlighting the similarities between his campaign and hers. That being said, I still can't support Hillary. If Jill Stein weren't around, I might support Hillary, in a 'lesser of evils' approach, but since Stein is around, I'd rather support her. Put simply, Hillary can say lots of things, but it's what she actually -does- that matters. I think Trump is even worse then her in that department though. I love Colbert. I think the following clip speaks to how low the bar has fallen when it comes to truth in the Trump campaign...

yes he did.

I'm not interested in an "argument clinic" debate. Here's an excerpt from an article pointing out that Hillary and Bernie have made some of the same points, both of which are against Trump's:
[Bernie] simultaneously attacked Trump as the candidate who does not understand the problems facing the working class and middle class. Sanders seized on a statement that Trump made during a Republican Party presidential debate, when he said that taxes and wages were “too high.”

“I don’t know what world that billionaire lives in, but anyone who thinks wages in America are too high doesn’t live in the world we live in,” Sanders said. “Hillary Clinton has made it clear that the minimum wage must be raised to a living wage.”**

Source: Bernie Sanders stumps for Clinton, slams Trump at labor breakfast in New Hampshire - The Boston Globe

Stein? The left wing fanatic that thinks its her civil right to deface private property?

What are you talking about, her stand with the native Americans to stop the oil pipeline from going through native lands?

I love Colbert. I think the following clip speaks to how low the bar has fallen when it comes to truth in the Trump campaign...

You look for truth in a comedy show? LMAO

If that comedy show is Colbert's, certainly. You haven't said it, but it -seems- like you actually believe Trump doesn't do flips and flops, flaps, floops and flups. I've just found no one quite like Colbert when it comes to making one laugh at the insanity of Trump having even gotten as far as the Republican nomination.

Here's Trump's 5 different positions on abortion Colbert was referring to in the above video:
Donald Trump took 5 different positions on abortion in 3 days

Or, to put it as John Oliver once famously said:
**"I think he just doesn't care about what the truth is," Oliver said. "Donald Trump views the truth like this lemur views the Supreme Court vacancy. 'I don't care about that in any way. Please f**k off. I have a banana.'**

Source: HBO comedian John Oliver eviscerates 'serial liar' Donald Trump on Last Week Tonight

Yea, that isn't relevant to him endorsing Clinton.

I strongly disagree. I think, in the end, that Bernie came to believe that Hillary's better than she actually is. I think if she gets elected, he'll be sorely disappointed in her. As to why a great many -voters- support Hillary, Colbert made that clear in his "lesser of two evils" segment. In it, he refers to 2 polls done by Reuters. The poll says that the primary reason that Hillary supportes cited -by far- is to ensure that Trump doesn't win: a whopping 52% of Hillary supporters said this. Here's the poll in question:
Follow the latest Reuters/Ipsos polls on everything from politics and elections, to social issues and current events.

The percentage is about the same with Trump. As of September 19, 51.6% of Trump supports said the primary reason they are supporting him is so that Hillary doesn't win. Here's that poll:
Follow the latest Reuters/Ipsos polls on everything from politics and elections, to social issues and current events.

Of course he does. But its a comedy show. Comedy show and truth is an oxymoron.

Again, I strongly disagree. In times of political insanity, I find that comedy can frequently be the only bastion left where people can not only think rationally but have a laugh at the insanity all around them. Check out those polls Colbert cited. Those are cold, hard facts. Trump's flip/flop/flap/floop/flup on abortion? Done within 3 days. The Washington Post article on that is right here:
Donald Trump took 5 different positions on abortion in 3 days

Personally, one of my favourite Colbert clips on Trump is the "All you can Trump Luxury Debate", where he has multiple clips of "Donald" contradicting "Trump", "or as they're known by their celebrity couple name, Dump". Really a great piece of work...

Forum List

Back