An armed soldier in every school?

Do you support having armed soldiers guard our schools?

• Yes, it makes more sense than guarding schools overseas.

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • No, it would be a waste of defense spending

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Other, I'll explain in my post

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters

kyzr

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2009
The AL part of PA
We're not sure what benefit we're getting for having our soldiers in Afghanistan, but would rather have a few of them guard schools from crazies.

Is this a workable idea? I can't think of a downside for our soldiers each spending a few weeks in one of their home area schools. It would help morale and prevent more massacres.

MMM ...I fully support the military but not in schools unless their recruiting, that's just crazy talk..

Why not just train a few teachers and administrators in each school on how to handle weapons and assault situations?

Most of them would never shoot at anyone, even in self-defense. I prefer a trained soldier, but would say yes to anyone who would provide some protection and/or deterrence.

MMM ...I fully support the military but not in schools unless their recruiting, that's just crazy talk..

we can't think of a better way to protect our kids. The soldiers would probably consider it very easy duty in their home area. The point is, keep them overseas, or have them in our schools??

Why not just train a few teachers and administrators in each school on how to handle weapons and assault situations?

Most of them would never shoot at anyone, even in self-defense. I prefer a trained soldier, but would say yes to anyone who would provide some protection and/or deterrence.
It's as likely as not that those who volunteered for such duty would shoot back.

I would just want to be absolutely sure that Mrs. Crabapple isn't going to freeze up at the very moment her training needs to god forbid be put into action.

We're not sure what benefit we're getting for having our soldiers in Afghanistan, but would rather have a few of them guard schools from crazies.

Is this a workable idea? I can't think of a downside for our soldiers each spending a few weeks in one of their home area schools. It would help morale and prevent more massacres.

Why did you make this about politics?

Can't we please stop using this horror as a way to push political agendas?

I would just want to be absolutely sure that Mrs. Crabapple isn't going to freeze up at the very moment her training needs to god forbid be put into action.
Prolly why you would handle the situation on a voluntary basis.

And even if Mrs. Crabapple froze, we'd be no worse off.

hypocrisy alert ^^^^^^^^^^^^

How was that about politics? That was a politically neutral suggestion about how to potentially avoid this in the future.

Why don't you ask that question to the gun grabbers?

Not sure what you're bitching about. ?!

Either we start putting the crazies away back into asylums?
Or, prohibit those desensitizing shoot everyone video games?
Or, put more protection where it is needed?

I'm listening to your better idea?????

Why don't you ask that question to the gun grabbers?

That would require him to call a democrat out...and rainbow unicorns aren't currently flying out of my ass.

What a horrible thing to ask of a teacher, of all people.

If more guns were the answer, we would have solved this a long time ago. There are more gun owners now than ever before. If that actually helped, these mass shootings would not be happening because here would be someone in the crowd who would be willing to gun down another human being without knowing what's going on first.

How many people are there who could do that? I mean, besides the mass killers.

Needless to say, there are not (I hope!) guns in every pocket and purse in schools but at the scenes of other mass shooters, not one civilian has come forward to shoot at the shooter.

Soldiers in our schools?

In our attempts to hold on to our freedoms, we're voluntarily giving them up.

If more guns were the answer, we would have solved this a long time ago. There are more gun owners now than ever before. If that actually helped, these mass shootings would not be happening because here would be someone in the crowd who would be willing to gun down another human being without knowing what's going on first.

Needless to say, there are not (I hope!) guns in every pocket and purse in schools but at the scenes of other mass shooters, not one civilian has come forward to shoot at the shooter.

Soldiers in our schools?

Teachers and administrators would volunteer.

"If more guns were the answer, we would have solved this a long time ago" is an irrelevant, vapid, brain dead lolberal hack platitude, as there have been NO guns at school shootings, other than those in the hands of the murderers.

And don't even try to come around here pretending that you give a flying fuck about anyone's freedom.

Considering their high rates of PTSD and suicides, I'm not sure having former war zone soldiers guarding our schools is such a good idea. Could be like ticking time bombs...

Considering their high rates of PTSD and suicides, I'm not sure having former war zone soldiers guarding our schools is such a good idea. Could be like ticking time bombs...

With that logic we might as well not allow them to reenter society period.

Soldiers in our schools?

who said anything about MORE GUNS ?????

and someone in another thread showed a stat that gun ownership per capita is on a downward trend since 1973

I do not think it reasonable to require a teacher to carry a firearm. It would be on a volunteer basis.

In fact I doubt if any of that happens.

PS

Lugnuts, you got your ass handed to you in this thread. Stick you tiny little tail between your bowed legs and run away ASAP

Last edited:

Forum List

Back