An Autopsy for the Keyenesians

bripat9643

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2011
People are finally wising up to the fact that Keynesianism is Voo Doo. Not even the brain dead libturds can't deny it any longer.

John H. Cochrane An Autopsy for the Keynesians - WSJ

This year the tide changed in the economy. Growth seems finally to be returning. The tide also changed in economic ideas. The brief resurgence of traditional Keynesian ideas is washing away from the world of economic policy.

No government is remotely likely to spend trillions of dollars or euros in the name of “stimulus,” financed by blowout borrowing. The euro is intact: Even the Greeks and Italians, after six years of advice that their problems can be solved with one more devaluation and inflation, are sticking with the euro and addressing—however slowly—structural “supply” problems instead.

U.K. Chancellor of the Exchequer George Osborne wrote in these pages Dec. 14 that Keynesians wanting more spending and more borrowing “were wrong in the recovery, and they are wrong now.” The land of John Maynard Keynes and Adam Smith is going with Smith.

Why? In part, because even in economics, you can’t be wrong too many times in a row.

Keynesians told us that once interest rates got stuck at or near zero, economies would fall into a deflationary spiral. Deflation would lower demand, causing more deflation, and so on.

It never happened...

Our first big stimulus fell flat, leaving Keynesians to argue that the recession would have been worse otherwise. George Washington’s doctors probably. argued that if they hadn’t bled him, he would have died faster.

With the 2013 sequester, Keynesians warned that reduced spending and the end of 99-week unemployment benefits would drive the economy back to recession. Instead, unemployment came down faster than expected, and growth returned, albeit modestly. The story is similar in the U.K...

Measuring Wishes

This is the age of libertine sarcasm, spiritually financed by goods-supply paranoia.

Why do Americans celebrate fortune-hunting characters such as Leprechauns and Gold-Diggers?

It seems that science can be mixed with populism (finally). What does Obama think of Greenspan?

:arrow:

This is a great analogy and so true...

Our first big stimulus fell flat, leaving Keynesians to argue that the recession would have been worse otherwise. George Washington’s doctors probably. argued that if they hadn’t bled him, he would have died faster.

The Keynesians make shit up and amazingly many believe their absurd lies.

I'm shocked! I never would have thought that nutters would try to take credit for the improving economy. Just shocked!!

How do you explain China, South Korea and other countries that spend on science, infrastructure and r&d. they're kicking our fucking ass. The op is a dumb ass.

I'm shocked! I never would have thought that nutters would try to take credit for the improving economy. Just shocked!!

Yep...big government is great.

Did you hear? Government can do it all....who knew?:cuckoo:

How do you explain China, South Korea and other countries that spend on science, infrastructure and r&d. they're kicking our fucking ass. The op is a dumb ass.

The US is a mercantilist nation just like the ones you mentioned Unfortunately the US is also a warmonger - a warfare state.

They aren't. The economy will improve on its own after a recession, so long as numskulls don't interfere.

The USA spends more on science than all other nations combined. So why aren't we kicking their asses?

They aren't. The economy will improve on its own after a recession, so long as numskulls don't interfere.

The problem is government interference in the economy. Had W and BO not massively interfered, we would have had economic growth these past few years.

The power elite failed to learn the lessons of Hoover's and FDR's Great Depression...or more likely they learned they can use government to enrich themselves.

Beyond a dumb ass, a child actually, who posts that there is no need for either government or taxes having no clue that capitalism cannot exist without a government and a government cannot exist without taxes. In his child's world being selfish is moral and society doesn't exist.

Beyond a dumb ass, a child actually, who posts that there is no need for either government or taxes having no clue that capitalism cannot exist without a government and a government cannot exist without taxes. In his child's world being selfish is moral and society doesn't exist.

Society isn't government, and the claim that capitalism can't exist without government remains to be proven. In fact, it has already been disproven, but I won't go into that here.

Your opinion that being concerned with your own best interests is "immature" lacks any visible means of support.

Society isn't government, and the claim that capitalism can't exist without government remains to be proven. In fact, it has already been disproven, but I won't go into that here.

Your opinion that being concerned with your own best interests is "immature" lacks any visible means of support.
Where there is no government capitalism doesn't exist dumbass, and only an infant thinks only of itself and they are supposed to grow up but you never did.

What is that nonsense about private property you believe in again, written but that ultra-nutter?

Of course what you meant to say is that parasites cannot exist without a government.

Where there is no government capitalism doesn't exist dumbass, and only an infant thinks only of itself and they are supposed to grow up but you never did.

What is that nonsense about private property you believe in again, written but that ultra-nutter?

Your claim that capitalism can't exist without government remains to be proven. End of story.

Furthermore, most people put their own interests before the interests of others. That's how adults behave, but a lot of them lie about it.

Your claim that capitalism can't exist without government remains to be proven. End of story.

Furthermore, most people put their own interests before the interests of others. That's how adults behave, but a lot of them lie about it.
1. It's a not a claim dumbass, it's a fact and history proves it so, not to mention anything worth a damn written about capitalism.
2. That's the rationalization that helps you sleep at night, like the baby you are.

I asked my friend, (a moderate to moderate right fiscal conservative) in an economics PhD program, if economists, in general, take supply side economics seriously.

He said, "No."

Forum List

Back