An old allusion...

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pittsburgh
I have been having a little "discomfort" in my back recently and when I get up from bed or a chair (after more than 15 minutes), I can't straighten up for a few minutes (I'm 73).

I have the thought that I look and feel like "Grandpappy Amos" from The Real McCoys, and then it occurred to me...probably 90 percent of the population would ask WTF if they heard that particular reference. (RIP Walter Brennan).

Talk about things that make you feel old.

I have been having a little "discomfort" in my back recently and when I get up from bed or a chair (after more than 15 minutes), I can't straighten up for a few minutes (I'm 73).

I have the thought that I look and feel like "Grandpappy Amos" from The Real McCoys, and then it occurred to me...probably 90 percent of the population would ask WTF if they heard that particular reference. (RIP Walter Brennan).

/——/ You are not alone, Lil Pepe, dad gum it.
7A5AE927-5846-4605-B395-EEFA24F643AA.jpeg

His problem was a badly reset hip.

I love the way he tugged his suspenders.

When I was learning to drive, and went too fast, grandpa would say" who do you think you are Barney Oldfield?"
So when I say that to my grandkids, just a blank stare? And....you mean the dinosaur?

When I was learning to drive, and went too fast, grandpa would say" who do you think you are Barney Oldfield?"
So when I say that to my grandkids, just a blank stare? And....you mean the dinosaur?
/——-/ The series pilot. I still remember the theme song.

who do you think you are Barney Oldfield
wasn't he Snuffy Smiths city slicker cousin?

Forum List

Back