And I thought well of Hank!!!

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
Speaking to USA Today Tuesday on the 40th anniversary of his then record-breaking 715th home run, the 80-year-old Aaron said that Republicans are hindering Obama’s job performance.
“Sure, this country has a black president, but when you look at a black president, President Obama is left with his foot stuck in the mud from all of the Republicans with the way he’s treated,” Aaron told USA Today Sports.
Aaron continued: “The bigger difference is that back then they had hoods. Now they have neckties and starched shirts.”

Hank Aaron Compares Republicans That Oppose Obama To KKK « CBS Atlanta

Very disappointed as while I'm not a Republican but a conservative, I have a real problem with Aaron's ignorance.
I KNOW that Aaron evidently isn't aware of Dr. Ben Carson, Allen West, Herman Cain, J.C. Watts, Senator Tim Scott, ALL Republicans and in the words of Obama.. And did I mention (they are) black?"
Obama at Florida fund-raiser says GOP will go after him because he is black. Pool report. - Lynn Sweet

Very disappointed because Aaron like Obama I guess is NOT very smart in trying to convince people that THEY are not racists!
Why would Aaron as Obama does constantly be devisive ???

So why should I have any respect anymore for Aaron when he obviously doesn't like people like me???

I think Hank understands what Obama is going through

He has been there

He certainly nailed it with this:

“The bigger difference is that back then they had hoods. Now they have neckties and starched shirts.”

Dr. Ben Carson, Allen West, Herman Cain aren't good enough to shine Obama's shoes. I don't know enough about J.C. Watts or Senator Tim Scott to have an opinion about them.

He has been there

Hank Aaron has tried to force an unconstitutiional and VERY unpopular program on an entire populace that didn't want it, and has lied his @ss off to try to put it through despite the massive protests against it??

When and where did Aaron do that?

He has been there

Hank Aaron has tried to force an unconstitutiional and VERY unpopular program on an entire populace that didn't want it, and has lied his @ss off to try to put it through despite the massive protests against it??

When and where did Aaron do that?

Healthcare?

I thought you were talking about Euthanasia

“The bigger difference is that back then they had hoods. Now they have neckties and starched shirts.”

Dr. Ben Carson, Allen West, Herman Cain aren't good enough to shine Obama's shoes. I don't know enough about J.C. Watts or Senator Tim Scott to have an opinion about them.

Yes we know an idiot would think he nailed it, but the reality is it's hyperbole and he's using his position as a black man who did experience real racism to apply his beliefs broadly and say whatever he wants without challenge. Then idiots like you can say it must be true because he knows what it's like. It's actually a racist pathetic statement and you should condone it as you do other racist statements.

Nothing racist there.

Nope, nothing at all. :rolleyes:

Speaking to USA Today Tuesday on the 40th anniversary of his then record-breaking 715th home run, the 80-year-old Aaron said that Republicans are hindering Obama’s job performance.
“Sure, this country has a black president, but when you look at a black president, President Obama is left with his foot stuck in the mud from all of the Republicans with the way he’s treated,” Aaron told USA Today Sports.
Aaron continued: “The bigger difference is that back then they had hoods. Now they have neckties and starched shirts.”

Very disappointed as while I'm not a Republican but a conservative, I have a real problem with Aaron's ignorance.
I KNOW that Aaron evidently isn't aware of Dr. Ben Carson, Allen West, Herman Cain, J.C. Watts, Senator Tim Scott, ALL Republicans and in the words of Obama.. And did I mention (they are) black?"
Obama at Florida fund-raiser says GOP will go after him because he is black. Pool report. - Lynn Sweet

Very disappointed because Aaron like Obama I guess is NOT very smart in trying to convince people that THEY are not racists!

So why should I have any respect anymore for Aaron when he obviously doesn't like people like me???

He doesn't like racists. Are you a racist?

I was fortunate enough to meet Aaron in the late 80s.

VERY intelligent man.

But he's kinda stating the obvious here. Of course Republicans are trying to kneecap Obama every chance they get. Democrats do it too. It's called power politics. IMHO it has nothing to do with race (unless they can try to use race to their advantage every now and then). It has everything to do with putting the needs of your own ambition and the needs of your party ahead of the needs of the nation.

It's rampant.

Hank Aaron, played at the "launching pad", was maybe 10% of the home run hitter Babe Ruth was and is a racist scumbag to boot.

Who the fuck cares what he says?

That's an insult to the KKK.

The Klan also says it "absolutely repudiates" the Westboro Baptist Church's practice of protesting at American soldiers' funerals, and, maybe most surprisingly, it says it's no fan of the Tea Party.
Ku Klux Klan Says It Doesn't Condone Tea Party or Koran Burning

senator-byrd-KKK.jpg

"You said it, Peckerwood!"

He doesn't like racists. Are you a racist?

Then he does like you either as you are a racist.
The ONLY reason that anyone can support Obama as he was totally inexperienced is because he is black.
That is the ONLY qualification that you honestly can point out that Obama has and if YOU support Obama ONLY because he is
black then YOU are a racist.

Forum List

Back