And obama spoke…..and the gates of Hell opened….obama to release 6,000 felons today...

I didn't say that. I said doctors do prescribe it to children suffering with Cancer. It's true. But don't take my word for it. Look it up yourself.

I know all about it. But my point is, without medical use for THC, doctors have plenty of other drugs they could use for cancer.
In 23 states, doctors can prescribe marijuana and there does seem to be studies that show some patients benefit. I think the medical community should be the ones deciding on the best course of treatment for the patient, not the government..

On that we can agree. But as far as I know, there is no known scientific studies that conclude pot has any medicinal effects. There are plenty of testimonies from patients, but no consensus as you have doctors on both sides of the aisle.
On its website The National Cancer Institute, part of the US department of health, said: "Laboratory and animal studies have shown that cannabinoids (the active ingredient in cannabis) may be able to kill cancer cells while protecting normal cells. There are several studies that do support the theory that cannabis is an effective treatment for some cancers. I think any treatment for cancer that has been shown to be effective or even partially effective should be available to doctors.

US government says cannabis kills cancer cells

The big word in this article is "May."

And perhaps you didn't read the article. Here is what it said at the end:

But researchers added: "At this time, there is not enough evidence to recommend that patients inhale or ingest cannabis as a treatment for cancer-related symptoms or side effects of cancer therapy."

In many US states where cannabis is already legal for medicinal use, cancer patients have long been using the drug to ease pain.

The Cancer Research charity reacted cautiously, saying there was no evidence of a similar effect in humans.

A spokesman said: "There isn't enough reliable evidence to prove that cannabinoids, whether natural or synthetic, can effectively treat cancer in patients, although research is ongoing around the world."
I see, if it doesn't conform to your "standard" WHY DO IT .

Limbaugh didn't serve a day in jail. And his sycophants had no problem with that. Yet they're all about throwin those 'Evil Pot Smokers' in cages forever. They're idiots. Simple as that.
You need a hanky you cry baby? Your drugs were voted down in Ohio. Get used to it because it will be a trend to keep you from pushing poison on our kids

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Tapatalk

Ha, still worshipping your fat ass junkie hero i see. If anyone deserved to be thrown in a cage and ass-raped daily, it would be your fat ass pussy hero Limbaugh. Fuck him.

Yet you voted twice for an admitted drug user and seller for your President. But a radio guy who got hooked on prescription medication should be ass raped. Typical of liberal standards.
you voted twice for a non admitted drug user and alcoholic.
typical consevobot denial.

I voted for one? And who might that be? And by all means, please provide your evidence.
if you voted for bush 2 you voted for a drug user reformed or not is irrelevant.
a little reality for you in your voting life you've most likely voted for someone who has used or uses drugs or alcohol

For some who have children suffering with Cancer, Marijuana is seen as a miracle plant. That's the truth.
It doesn't cure it and there is far better drugs for pain and nausea so no it isn't a miracle drug and to use sick kids as a talking point so you can legally get high is disgusting. Also to use my kids is a good way to get your ass kicked.

Didn't claim it was a cure. But it eases suffering of children suffering from horrific illnesses. So in that respect, it is a miracle plant.
far better drugs that are NOT huge CANCER causing carcinogenics for that.

'Far Better?' Maybe? But that doesn't change the fact Marijuana is not the 'Evil' you guys claim it to be. In fact, it's the opposite. It's a miracle plant given to us by God.
making junkies of kids because you are one is very evil.
oh no not the gateway ploy , again.

and? a simple change in some laws could render good citizens of current criminals. it is not like marijuana is the worst drug out there.

Yeah, i'll never understand all the anger & fear over Marijuana. Marijuana is far from being 'Evil.' It's actually the opposite. It's a miracle plant. Now alcohol, that's another story. You could call it 'Evil.' Alcohol is far more deadly than Marijuana could ever be.

That may be true, but I've lost friends in the past over pot. They became delusional and began to hallucinate things causing them to separate themselves from their family and friends. My last experience with pot was a guy that was carried out in an ambulance cot because he was allergic and had a hard time breathing.

No drug is 100% safe. It works differently on different people. Some good--some bad.

Sorry, no one dies from Marijuana. It's been proven. Now alcohol, that's a whole other story.
bull shit! No one actually tests for pot when someone dies of a car crash or or ways people die so how the fuck do you know that?

No one OD's on marijuana. Your boy Limbaugh had a much better chance of dying from his pill-popping, than someone smoking the herb. It's basically harmless. However like anything, it can be abused.
Bullshit again. Yiu have no proof of that .

This is where the 'Small/Less Government' Republicans really get tested. The more they spin, the more they begin sounding like average Big Government Authoritarians.

So what is small government, a government with no laws whatsoever?
No no only laws that give them freedom to hurt others but not the other way around

You need a hanky you cry baby? Your drugs were voted down in Ohio. Get used to it because it will be a trend to keep you from pushing poison on our kids

Ha, still worshipping your fat ass junkie hero i see. If anyone deserved to be thrown in a cage and ass-raped daily, it would be your fat ass pussy hero Limbaugh. Fuck him.

Yet you voted twice for an admitted drug user and seller for your President. But a radio guy who got hooked on prescription medication should be ass raped. Typical of liberal standards.

I voted for one? And who might that be? And by all means, please provide your evidence.
if you voted for bush 2 you voted for a drug user reformed or not is irrelevant.
a little reality for you in your voting life you've most likely voted for someone who has used or uses drugs or alcohol

When that could be proven, then you have a point. But to relay BS liberal talking points are not facts. No proof whatsoever that GW went anywhere near drugs.

I know all about it. But my point is, without medical use for THC, doctors have plenty of other drugs they could use for cancer.
In 23 states, doctors can prescribe marijuana and there does seem to be studies that show some patients benefit. I think the medical community should be the ones deciding on the best course of treatment for the patient, not the government..

On that we can agree. But as far as I know, there is no known scientific studies that conclude pot has any medicinal effects. There are plenty of testimonies from patients, but no consensus as you have doctors on both sides of the aisle.
On its website The National Cancer Institute, part of the US department of health, said: "Laboratory and animal studies have shown that cannabinoids (the active ingredient in cannabis) may be able to kill cancer cells while protecting normal cells. There are several studies that do support the theory that cannabis is an effective treatment for some cancers. I think any treatment for cancer that has been shown to be effective or even partially effective should be available to doctors.

But researchers added: "At this time, there is not enough evidence to recommend that patients inhale or ingest cannabis as a treatment for cancer-related symptoms or side effects of cancer therapy."

In many US states where cannabis is already legal for medicinal use, cancer patients have long been using the drug to ease pain.

The Cancer Research charity reacted cautiously, saying there was no evidence of a similar effect in humans.

A spokesman said: "There isn't enough reliable evidence to prove that cannabinoids, whether natural or synthetic, can effectively treat cancer in patients, although research is ongoing around the world."
I see, if it doesn't conform to your "standard" WHY DO IT .

My standards? I didn't write the article. I merely pointed out some highlights. Those highlights are that there is no scientific proof that pot does anything except get you high.

There are about 20 studies by well recognized medical research organizations that concluded that cannabis is effective at killing cancer cells. I'm not saying that there is any conclusive proof marijuana cures cancer but there is certainly a great deal of evidence that it can be effective. If a person can't tolerate other treatments, or marijuana is their last hope, it should be available to them. If they're dying of cancer and marijuana eases their journey I think it should be an option. However, this should be a decision between doctor and patient.
20 Medical Studies That Show Cannabis Can Be A Potential Cure For Cancer
Neuroprotection by Δ9-Tetrahydrocannabinol, the Main Active Compound in Marijuana, against Ouabain-Induced In Vivo Excitotoxicity
British Journal of Cancer - Abstract of article: A pilot clinical study of [Delta]9-tetrahydrocannabinol in patients with recurrent glioblastoma multiforme
Antitumor Effects of Cannabidiol, a Nonpsychoactive Cannabinoid, on Human Glioma Cell Lines
Pathways mediating the effects of cannabidiol on the reduction of breast cancer cell proliferation, invasion, and metastasis. - PubMed - NCBI
Cannabidiol inhibits lung cancer cell invasion and metastasis via intercellular adhesion molecule-1. - PubMed - NCBI

The problem with using a narcotic that's not proven to cure or help anything only opens the door for people that want to use it for recreational value. From what I understand, in Colorado, they are getting doctors to prescribe pot for the stupidest things.

Okay, so why would people want prescribed marijuana instead of the stuff at the pot store? Because medical marijuana is much cheaper since you don't have to pay tax on it.

When that could be proven, then you have a point. But to relay BS liberal talking points are not facts. No proof whatsoever that GW went anywhere near drugs.
Nothing to prove it's a statement of fact .
As to Bush's drug use, it's a nontroversy
Just like Obama's.

There are about 20 studies by well recognized medical research organizations that concluded that cannabis is effective at killing cancer cells. I'm not saying that there is any conclusive proof marijuana cures cancer but there is certainly a great deal of evidence that it can be effective. If a person can't tolerate other treatments, or marijuana is their last hope, it should be available to them. If they're dying of cancer and marijuana eases their journey I think it should be an option. However, this should be a decision between doctor and patient.
Neuroprotection by Δ9-Tetrahydrocannabinol, the Main Active Compound in Marijuana, against Ouabain-Induced In Vivo Excitotoxicity
British Journal of Cancer - Abstract of article: A pilot clinical study of [Delta]9-tetrahydrocannabinol in patients with recurrent glioblastoma multiforme
Antitumor Effects of Cannabidiol, a Nonpsychoactive Cannabinoid, on Human Glioma Cell Lines
Pathways mediating the effects of cannabidiol on the reduction of breast cancer cell proliferation, invasion, and metastasis. - PubMed - NCBI
Cannabidiol inhibits lung cancer cell invasion and metastasis via intercellular adhesion molecule-1. - PubMed - NCBI

The problem with using a narcotic that's not proven to cure or help anything only opens the door for people that want to use it for recreational value. From what I understand, in Colorado, they are getting doctors to prescribe pot for the stupidest things.

Okay, so why would people want prescribed marijuana instead of the stuff at the pot store? Because medical marijuana is much cheaper since you don't have to pay tax on it.

First off, the active ingredients in marijuana AREN'T narcotics, they are natural substances known as THC and CBD that occur in the cannabis plant. Those compounds can be extracted and used for various treatments. CBD's have been proven to be effective in helping children that have seizures, and has been able to help reduce them from several times a day to a couple times a month in many cases. The THC is effective for pain relief and appetite stimulation. And, the pain relief depends on the type of strain you use. If it's a Sativa, it will be a body high with a bit of a "brain buzz", and if it's an Indica it will have a pain relief quality and you will want to sleep, or at least just be still for a while. It has ZERO hallucinogenic properties (seeing hallucinations), that is a myth generated by the Reefer Madness people.

And no, doctors aren't giving out medical cards for the stupidest reasons. Can you provide proof of this?

As far as wanting medical marijuana, many people who have pain or other physical ailments prefer to get the stuff that comes in higher concentrations because it works better. The 420 shops in CO are divided into 2 sections, one for recreational and one for medical. Yes, the recreational is taxed at a higher rate than the medicinal is, but the medicinal is still taxed as well. And, if you are from out of state and cannot provide a CO ID, then you are taxed at an even higher rate than the CO residents.

Me? I've actually been to CO, and have visited many of the shops up there and talked to all the people, which is how I found out about much of the information on how they run things up there.

I was also a Drug and Alcohol Program Advisor in the U.S. Navy for the last 8 years of my career, and can verify that alcohol is much more damaging to the body than anything cannabis could ever do.

It would help if you got your facts straight. Posting Reefer Madness rhetoric (which has been long since proven to be false) is no way to sound like you understand what you're talking about.

Just like Obama's.

So when people make something up out of thin air, it's a statement of fact? Then like I said, that makes Bill Clinton a rapist.

Just like Obama's.

So when people make something up out of thin air, it's a statement of fact? Then like I said, that makes Bill Clinton a rapist.
Every thing I said is factual, the problem here is your denial of fact and rash limpschlong

Just like Obama's.

Every thing I said is factual, the problem here is your denial of fact and rash limpschlong

It's factual? Great, then I'll wait right here for the facts which I'm sure you have. But remember, facts are not what you believe, facts are providing absolute proof of something. In this case, prove that GW used coke. Give me some pictures, some drug bust by the police, a testimony from a rehab......something.

As the old saying goes: you are entitled to your own beliefs, but not your own facts.

With 2.5 million Americans incarcerated, it is time to start releasing alot more than that

We had 500 million in prison 30 years ago, we now have five times that number

Fine, can they stay at your place? :)
I've taken ex-cons into my home. Actually picked them up at the prison gates and took them home until they could get back on their feet.
I have a close family member who spent time in prison. Once he was released, he never offended again: that was 36 years ago. To assume that everyone who has been in prison will re-offend is to assume too much.

...and when the President is an ex(?)-pot smoking cocaine user ...
the ghost of joe McCarthy speaks!

Daws, need I remind you that Obama admitted himself in hos own book that Obama admitted to being a pot abuser and using cocaine in college.... which is probably why his grades are sealed?! :p
your point? many of the founding fathers did drugs. most all our presidents were heavy alcohol consumers.
bush 2 smoked dope Nixon, Reagan and his wife were prescription drug addicts...
I smoked dope did coke and Hallucinogenics I have a masters degree . I HAVE HAD A FINE LIFE.
your assumption that drugs did it is false and stupid!
Probably most of the founding fathers used snuff. It was very common at that time, as well as alcohol.

In other countries you don't get free food and housing...you get death.

We are one of the few modern democracies that still have the death penalty

What is sad is that Liberals think they are so 'advanced' that they believe there is no need for a death penalty yet some of the worst criminals we place in jail have enough morals/ethics to protect children / kill a pedophile or someone who hurts a child, the most innocent and helpless among us.

Even THEY know that someone like that has no socially redeeming value and should be 'put down' like a rabid animal.

Only conservatives and jihadist muslims still support the death penalty
And what is really interesting is that it is the extremist Christians and Muslims who are so stridently in favor of the death penalty.

There are no proven cures for cancer. The effectiveness of a drug depends on the stage you are in, your health, and the drugs probability of success. Cancer drugs have success rates as low as 5%.

In California, the dispensary price is about the same as the price on the street for the same quality. The big advantage to buying from a dispensary is the quality is more consistent and availability, not cost.

Safety of my family comes first fuck compassion! Just because you are enamored of the drug culture doesn't mean you get to endanger me and mine!
Any of those junkies your love come into my house they leave with a toe tag! drug addicted assholes are violent when they don't get thier fix

You REALLY need to switch to decaf.

Forum List

Back