And obama spoke…..and the gates of Hell opened….obama to release 6,000 felons today...

I know all about it. But my point is, without medical use for THC, doctors have plenty of other drugs they could use for cancer.
In 23 states, doctors can prescribe marijuana and there does seem to be studies that show some patients benefit. I think the medical community should be the ones deciding on the best course of treatment for the patient, not the government..

On that we can agree. But as far as I know, there is no known scientific studies that conclude pot has any medicinal effects. There are plenty of testimonies from patients, but no consensus as you have doctors on both sides of the aisle.
On its website The National Cancer Institute, part of the US department of health, said: "Laboratory and animal studies have shown that cannabinoids (the active ingredient in cannabis) may be able to kill cancer cells while protecting normal cells. There are several studies that do support the theory that cannabis is an effective treatment for some cancers. I think any treatment for cancer that has been shown to be effective or even partially effective should be available to doctors.

US government says cannabis kills cancer cells

The big word in this article is "May."

And perhaps you didn't read the article. Here is what it said at the end:

But researchers added: "At this time, there is not enough evidence to recommend that patients inhale or ingest cannabis as a treatment for cancer-related symptoms or side effects of cancer therapy."

In many US states where cannabis is already legal for medicinal use, cancer patients have long been using the drug to ease pain.

The Cancer Research charity reacted cautiously, saying there was no evidence of a similar effect in humans.

A spokesman said: "There isn't enough reliable evidence to prove that cannabinoids, whether natural or synthetic, can effectively treat cancer in patients, although research is ongoing around the world."

There are about 20 studies by well recognized medical research organizations that concluded that cannabis is effective at killing cancer cells. I'm not saying that there is any conclusive proof marijuana cures cancer but there is certainly a great deal of evidence that it can be effective. If a person can't tolerate other treatments, or marijuana is their last hope, it should be available to them. If they're dying of cancer and marijuana eases their journey I think it should be an option. However, this should be a decision between doctor and patient.
20 Medical Studies That Show Cannabis Can Be A Potential Cure For Cancer
Neuroprotection by Δ9-Tetrahydrocannabinol, the Main Active Compound in Marijuana, against Ouabain-Induced In Vivo Excitotoxicity
British Journal of Cancer - Abstract of article: A pilot clinical study of [Delta]9-tetrahydrocannabinol in patients with recurrent glioblastoma multiforme
Antitumor Effects of Cannabidiol, a Nonpsychoactive Cannabinoid, on Human Glioma Cell Lines
Pathways mediating the effects of cannabidiol on the reduction of breast cancer cell proliferation, invasion, and metastasis. - PubMed - NCBI
Cannabidiol inhibits lung cancer cell invasion and metastasis via intercellular adhesion molecule-1. - PubMed - NCBI

Certainly enough proof out there showing marijuana is not the 'Evil' many have made it out to be. There is absolutely no reason to throw someone in a cage with brutal murderers and rapists for using it.

It doesn't cure it and there is far better drugs for pain and nausea so no it isn't a miracle drug and to use sick kids as a talking point so you can legally get high is disgusting. Also to use my kids is a good way to get your ass kicked.

Didn't claim it was a cure. But it eases suffering of children suffering from horrific illnesses. So in that respect, it is a miracle plant.
far better drugs that are NOT huge CANCER causing carcinogenics for that.

'Far Better?' Maybe? But that doesn't change the fact Marijuana is not the 'Evil' you guys claim it to be. In fact, it's the opposite. It's a miracle plant given to us by God.
making junkies of kids because you are one is very evil.
oh no not the gateway ploy , again.

The 'Gateway' argument is Shite. Always has been.

Yeah, i'll never understand all the anger & fear over Marijuana. Marijuana is far from being 'Evil.' It's actually the opposite. It's a miracle plant. Now alcohol, that's another story. You could call it 'Evil.' Alcohol is far more deadly than Marijuana could ever be.

That may be true, but I've lost friends in the past over pot. They became delusional and began to hallucinate things causing them to separate themselves from their family and friends. My last experience with pot was a guy that was carried out in an ambulance cot because he was allergic and had a hard time breathing.

No drug is 100% safe. It works differently on different people. Some good--some bad.

Sorry, no one dies from Marijuana. It's been proven. Now alcohol, that's a whole other story.
bull shit! No one actually tests for pot when someone dies of a car crash or or ways people die so how the fuck do you know that?

No one OD's on marijuana. Your boy Limbaugh had a much better chance of dying from his pill-popping, than someone smoking the herb. It's basically harmless. However like anything, it can be abused.
Bullshit again. Yiu have no proof of that .

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Tapatalk

Show me proof anyone's ever died of a Marijuana overdose. It doesn't happen. Your boy Limbaugh would have been much better off smoking the herb than gobbling his pills.

Not enough. We need to release all non-violent drug offenders from our prisons. They don't belong in cages with brutal murderers and rapists. It's time for our justice system to evolve.

Most of those non violent prisoners are not drug offenders in the sense of being addicts. They are dealers that can return to selling addictive drugs to the kids in JR and SR high schools.

This is where the 'Small/Less Government' Republicans really get tested. The more they spin, the more they begin sounding like average Big Government Authoritarians.

So what is small government, a government with no laws whatsoever?
No no only laws that give them freedom to hurt others but not the other way around

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Tapatalk

We'll see what y'all 'Small/Less Government' Republican folks say when they ban your beloved guns. Guns are involved with an awful lot of deaths and crime. We'll see what you think about Big Brother and his interference in your life then.

Ha, still worshipping your fat ass junkie hero i see. If anyone deserved to be thrown in a cage and ass-raped daily, it would be your fat ass pussy hero Limbaugh. Fuck him.

Yet you voted twice for an admitted drug user and seller for your President. But a radio guy who got hooked on prescription medication should be ass raped. Typical of liberal standards.
you voted twice for a non admitted drug user and alcoholic.
typical consevobot denial.

I voted for one? And who might that be? And by all means, please provide your evidence.
if you voted for bush 2 you voted for a drug user reformed or not is irrelevant.
a little reality for you in your voting life you've most likely voted for someone who has used or uses drugs or alcohol

When that could be proven, then you have a point. But to relay BS liberal talking points are not facts. No proof whatsoever that GW went anywhere near drugs.

Just a quick question, do you really think Rush Limbaugh should have been thrown in a cage to be ass-raped daily because he had a drug problem?

Not enough. We need to release all non-violent drug offenders from our prisons. They don't belong in cages with brutal murderers and rapists. It's time for our justice system to evolve.

Most of those non violent prisoners are not drug offenders in the sense of being addicts. They are dealers that can return to selling addictive drugs to the kids in JR and SR high schools.

If you get caught selling drugs or providing alcohol to minors, you'll be arrested and prosecuted. That won't change when marijuana is decriminalized.

Yet you voted twice for an admitted drug user and seller for your President. But a radio guy who got hooked on prescription medication should be ass raped. Typical of liberal standards.

I voted for one? And who might that be? And by all means, please provide your evidence.
if you voted for bush 2 you voted for a drug user reformed or not is irrelevant.
a little reality for you in your voting life you've most likely voted for someone who has used or uses drugs or alcohol

When that could be proven, then you have a point. But to relay BS liberal talking points are not facts. No proof whatsoever that GW went anywhere near drugs.

Just a quick question, do you really think Rush Limbaugh should have been thrown in a cage to be ass-raped daily because he had a drug problem?

If he was dealing to teenage kids, hell yes. He wasn't.

Sorry, no one dies from Marijuana. It's been proven. Now alcohol, that's a whole other story.

April 18, 2014, 11:04 AM
Two Denver deaths tied to recreational marijuana use

DENVER -
This week, two Denver deaths were linked to marijuana use, and while some details of the deaths have yet to emerge, they are the first ones on record to be associated with a once-illegal drug that Colorado voters legalized for recreational use, as of January 1, 2014.

One man jumped to his death after consuming a large amount of marijuana contained in a cookie, and in the other case, a man allegedly shot and killed his wife after eating marijuana candy.

Two Denver deaths tied to recreational marijuana use

Other factors were at play there. I don't recommend ingesting marijuana that way. But regardless, people do bad things all the time. And how often is alcohol involved?

Alcohol is involved quite a bit. But because we have alcohol doesn't justify adding more substances to our already troubled society.

Years ago I used to have a job teaching music. I had one female student who was coming along just fine. My expertise was lead guitar and finding females that could handle the challenge was rare.

After a while she dropped out. It didn't surprise me too much. Her interest in the instrument lagged and her accomplishments the same. She became bored I guess.

A few years later after I quit the music store, I got a phone call at home. It was my former student asking if she could start taking lessons from me again. When she came over, she confessed that her mother made her quit guitar lessons because for one, it was a waste of money if she wasn't going to learn anything, and two, her school grades were suffering as well. Her mother shipped her to rehab to get off of pot.

After she got rehab, her grades in school improved. In fact when she started lessons again, she just enrolled in college; something she could have never done if she was still smoking pot. She had aware parents to thank, but also included that many of her friends experienced the same problems but their parents were not as interested.

Oh, i'm not pushing marijuana on anyone. Just like alcohol, it's an adult decision. But to use your own analogy, we know folks like you are big gun 'enthusiasts.' So because guns are involved with many violent crimes, would you be ok with guns being banned?

What do you think the left would like to do with guns today?

Fortunately for us, we have a Constitutional protection to have our firearms. I don't see much in the Constitution in way of recreational narcotics.

See, that's why you guys can't claim to be for Small/Less Government. Most often you're fine with Government interfering in Citizens' lives. It's just a matter of convenience for you guys.

But when Big Brother does finally come for your guns, i'm pretty sure you'll quickly come around to my way of thinking. It'll probably be too late though.

That wasn't the question.

If you get caught selling drugs or providing alcohol to minors, you'll be arrested and prosecuted. That won't change when marijuana is decriminalized.

True, but not to worry since Obama will let you out in no time since it is deemed a "non violent' crime. I consider someone who preys on the young people by getting them addicted to illegal drugs violent, but that is just me.

Then the answer is no, since the only one he was hurting was himself. Is that too difficult for you?
Very few, if any people are sent to federal prison for using illegal drugs.

True, but not to worry since Obama will let you out in no time since it is deemed a "non violent' crime. I consider someone who preys on the young people by getting them addicted to illegal drugs violent, but that is just me.

You're moving the goal posts. No one's talking about condoning selling drugs to minors. That will still be illegal when marijuana is decriminalized.

Then the answer is no, since the only one he was hurting was himself. Is that too difficult for you?

Fair enough. Limbaugh was shown mercy and allowed to get treatment. He's a non-violent drug offender. He doesn't belong in a cage with brutal murderers and rapists. Our Justice System has to evolve.

You're moving the goal posts. No one's talking about condoning selling drugs to minors. That will still be illegal when marijuana is decriminalized.

That won't stop the drug pushers from selling to them.

That won't stop the drug pushers from selling to them.

Kids consume a whole lot of alcohol. In fact, some parents even provide it to them. But it is illegal. How many adults are doing hard prison time for allowing children to consume alcohol? My guess is, very few are. But regardless, decriminalizing marijuana won't change those laws.

Fair enough. Limbaugh was shown mercy and allowed to get treatment. He's a non-violent drug offender. He doesn't belong in a cage with brutal murderers and rapists. Our Justice System has to evolve.

Using and dealing are treated differently by our Justice System. Most, if not all users are presently fined or sent for treatment. A dealer belongs in a cage with brutal murderers ans rapist as far as I am concerned. The many young lives he has ruined by getting them addicted is unforgivable.

Using and dealing are treated differently by our Justice System. Most, if not all users are presently fined or sent for treatment. A dealer belongs in a cage with brutal murderers ans rapist as far as I am concerned. The many young lives he has ruined by getting them addicted is unforgivable.

So the person who helped Limbaugh get his illegal pills, should be thrown in a cage with brutal murderers and rapists? But not him? See, I don't think either one should be thrown into those cages.

Forum List

Back