AND So, It Begins.... WINTER 2022-23

Why would warm air move towards the equator? ... this isn't a casual mistake, this shows incompetence at even basic physics ... the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics requires warm air to be moved to the poles ... thus tropical cyclones are created ... along the other convergence zone forms cold-core cyclones that move cold air towards the equator ...

Yes ... both Billy and I understand this typhoon has already transitioned into a extra-tropical storm ... why do you think we're using upper level charts? ... dumbass ...

Meteorology 201 ... just like Doctor Liar, you believe commercial media without question ... without understanding ... and apparently without the rainfall we've been seeing here ... entire hundredths of inches ... crazy crazy weather today ...
non sequitur
I didn't say it would move towards the equator.
I merely took issue with the OP that this WARM Air was the sign of an Early winter.
"Basic physics" You pomp-ass POS??
I used basic logic.
`

Incorrect. My claim is that they have mistakenly attributed CO2 as the cause of the recent warming trend.
LOL
That's about the same claim you have ALWAYS made, and you have not restricted to just "CO2."
You just say it's all natural cycles 'to be expected in the interglacial period.'
You BORING LIAR/ONE-LINE TROLL.

I Count 500+ ding-troll posts using that 'interglacial normal' .. routine.

`

Last edited:
"One simple statement of the law is that heat always moves "downhill", that is, from hotter objects to colder objects, unless energy is supplied to reverse the direction of heat flow. Another definition is: "Not all heat energy can be converted into work in a cyclic process."" --- Wikipedia

"It is impossible for any cyclical machine to produce no other effect than to convey heat continuously from one body to another at a higher temperature" -- Clausius

Nothing about a closed system ... do you a citation? ...

It's cold in your freezer because it's hot at the compressor ... look around your unit, there's a round thing that has warning stickers on it ... it WILL burn your fingers ...

That's because the fridge is NOT a closed system.

That is precisely how you can have a SPONTANEOUS REACTION that goes even though the entropy term is POSITIVE.

That's because the fridge is NOT a closed system.

That is precisely how you can have a SPONTANEOUS REACTION that goes even though the entropy term is POSITIVE.

You have no examples of a closed system? ... I understand you used a piss-poor example here ... put two blocks of iron with different temperatures together, see how they change temperature until they are equal? ... do you think this doesn't happen in an open environment? ...

"One simple statement of the law is that heat always moves "downhill", that is, from hotter objects to colder objects, unless energy is supplied to reverse the direction of heat flow. Another definition is: "Not all heat energy can be converted into work in a cyclic process."" --- Wikipedia

That is an oversimplification. I thought you were a scientist.

Nothing about a closed system ... do you a citation? ...

Technically speaking it is an isolated system.

"This is indeed a positive quantity. In general, we can say for an isolated system:

dS≥0"

You have no examples of a closed system? ... I understand you used a piss-poor example here ... put two blocks of iron with different temperatures together, see how they change temperature until they are equal? ... do you think this doesn't happen in an open environment? ...

That would not be a closed or isolated system.

Tracking where heat goes is fine universally. The universe is a closed system. But if you have an open local system (like a refrigerator) you can spontaneously produce items with LOWER ENTROPY (ie the Entropy term is POSITIVE).

It kind of feels like you haven't been in a thermo class or a p-chem class at any point.

LOL
That's about the same claim you have ALWAYS made, and you have not restricted to just "CO2."
You just say it's all natural cycles 'to be expected in the interglacial period.'
You BORING LIAR/ONE-LINE TROLL.

I Count 500+ ding-troll posts using that 'interglacial normal' .. routine.

`
Actually I don't. Sun, albedo and earth's tendency to cool naturally. Been going on for 50 million years. You probably think these temperatures are normal. They're not. For much of the past 3 million years the earth has been much much colder.

1663620663563.png

That is an oversimplification. I thought you were a scientist.

Technically speaking it is an isolated system.

"This is indeed a positive quantity. In general, we can say for an isolated system:

dS≥0"

Did you read Section 20.4.2 in your link? ... that explains my position with mathematical certainty, that's what all those strange squirrelly symbols mean ... it even gives the same Clausius quote as in Halliday/Resnick ...

Thank you ... these Law of Thermodynamics apply in both open and the "as good as useless" case of a closed system ... Jeez that's one hell of a link there buck-o ... talk about reaming people who only work with closed systems ... "as good as useless" ... ROFL ...

I am not a scientist ... I'm an uneducated construction laborer ... I've only claimed to have taken a class in meteorology ... which you have not ... I suspect you've not taken any physics classes either ...

I wish you could be honest with me ... something's wrong, maybe it's just the internet ... are you this bad at lying in Real Life? ...

Actually I don't. Sun, albedo and earth's tendency to cool naturally. Been going on for 50 million years. You probably think these temperatures are normal. They're not. For much of the past 3 million years the earth has been much much colder.
You just said it Again, even more Stooopidly/worse/widely using a "50 million year" Range/average/'normal interglacialS.'
which does NOT preclude AGW in any way.
Nor refute all the Evidence for it, including the last/fast 150 yr SPIKE.
Citing 50 million years of temp for any number of different reasons doesn't make the Spike normal.
You remain an illogical obfuscating TROLL.

`

Last edited:
Did you read Section 20.4.2 in your link? ... that explains my position with mathematical certainty, that's what all those strange squirrelly symbols mean ... it even gives the same Clausius quote as in Halliday/Resnick ...

Thank you ... these Law of Thermodynamics apply in both open and the "as good as useless" case of a closed system ... Jeez that's one hell of a link there buck-o ... talk about reaming people who only work with closed systems ... "as good as useless" ... ROFL ...

I am not a scientist ... I'm an uneducated construction laborer ... I've only claimed to have taken a class in meteorology ... which you have not ... I suspect you've not taken any physics classes either ...

I wish you could be honest with me ... something's wrong, maybe it's just the internet ... are you this bad at lying in Real Life? ...

So in your world you cannot make ice in a refrigerator.

Remember, the second law deals in ENTROPY. As such in your world if the Second Law applies to all systems, open, closed, isolated, then in your world entropy can NEVER BE a positive term.

Yes, that isn't the second law of thermodynamics. They are, in fact, talking about SPONTANEOUS reactions. Remember when I blathered on about the Gibbs Free energy Term?

That was it! I thought you knew this stuff! C'mon. You have to know the criteria for spontaneous reactions is a negative delta G and since delta G = delta H - TdeltaS (I assume you know what the terms are but I can explain them to you), if you have a spontaneous reaction then Delta H - t delta S is NEGATIVE which, if you can handle the math, means sometimes you might have a negative Delta S term (entropy).

I honestly thought you might have studied at least some of this stuff. Apparently not.

So in your world you cannot make ice in a refrigerator.

Remember, the second law deals in ENTROPY. As such in your world if the Second Law applies to all systems, open, closed, isolated, then in your world entropy can NEVER BE a positive term.

Not without being plugged into the wall ... mine is rated at 750 W ... we bring order to our refrigerator by adding disorder to methane and oxygen --> carbon dioxide and water vapor ... just need to know how many hours the refrigerator runs every day to calculate the energy we use keeping thing frozen ...

The 2nd Law also deals with equilibrium ... and how the system and the environment work towards equilibrium ...

Remember, the second law deals in ENTROPY.

How are you defining temperature here? ... I'm curious if you're mixing up the microscopic statements with the macroscopic statements ... the difference being how we define temperature ...

Maybe you didn't know we had two different definitions of temperature ... one for Classical Physics and one for Quantum Mechanics ...

You just said it Again, even more Stooopidly/worse/widely using a "50 million year" Range/average/'normal interglacialS.'
which does NOT preclude AGW in any way.
Nor refute all the Evidence for it, including the last/fast 150 yr SPIKE.
Citing 50 million years of temp for any number of different reasons doesn't make the Spike normal.
You remain an illogical obfuscating TROLL.

`
We're in the middle of an ice age. The dominant feature is bipolar glaciation.

Not without being plugged into the wall

Now you're getting it. Can you reason beyond that? You are putting energy into the system and hence it is NOT an isolated system.

The ice that forms in your fridge is ONLY possible because on a UNIVERSAL scale the entropy increases. This is effectively the Second Law.

A Fridge works because it is NOT an isolated system. And that is how you can spontaneously create ice crystals (low entropy) from high entropy (liquid water).

The 2nd Law also deals with equilibrium ... and how the system and the environment work towards equilibrium ...

Care to explain that one in detail?

Remember, the second law deals in ENTROPY.

How are you defining temperature here? ... I'm curious if you're mixing up the microscopic statements with the macroscopic statements ... the difference being how we define temperature ...

Maybe you didn't know we had two different definitions of temperature ... one for Classical Physics and one for Quantum Mechanics ...

No time for your "Gish Gallop".

This reminds me: Creationists love to invoke the Second Law saying that evolution "violates" it because it goes from high entropy to low entropy. Of course they are wrong not least of the reasons being that the earth is NOT a closed or isolated system so the Second Law cannot be used to negate evolution.

Same with the atmosphere. You can't simply point to the atmosphere (a NON-CLOSED, NON-ISOLATED SYSTEM) and say that AGW is somehow a violation of the Second Law or some such silliness. The atmosphere is open to incoming energy and outgoing energy, hence it is a perfect description of a NON-CLOSED, NON-ISOLATED system to which the Second Law is of limited use.

Forum List

Back