And some people still cling to the myth of the 'Population Explosion'

You'll have to excuse me if I don't want to live in a world where every square yard is covered with human beings. I don't care if it is technically feasible.

If there are too many of us humans for your liking then just leave. Go on.

You're a jackass. Go fuck yourself.

Don't get upset. I just pointed out the obvious solution to your evident dissatisfaction. I mean, what would you say to someone who declared openly and often that he was dissatisfied with living in America and you knew that the reason for his unhappiness was likely to grow for the next 50 years or so?

If there are too many of us humans for your liking then just leave. Go on.

Don't get upset. I just pointed out the obvious solution to your evident dissatisfaction. I mean, what would you say to someone who declared openly and often that he was dissatisfied with living in America and you knew that the reason for his unhappiness was likely to grow for the next 50 years or so?

Apparently you insist on proving that you're a jackass.

[

Perhaps people aren't going to starve if our populations doubles, but who wants to live in a world with 14 billion people?

The 14 billionth person.

You can't want things before you are born.

Are you trying to make this a platform for your pro-abortion views now? Is that your preferred 'solution' to a problem that doesn't exist? Your hatred for humanity seems pretty intense. Where are you from? What planet? What species?

That's true, but so what?

What's desirable about having another 10 billion people on the planet?

I'm in Canada right now. You can drive for hours in this country and not see anyone.

So I'm not too worried about space on the planet.

There's a reason there aren't many people in Canada: Nobody wants to live there. Go to Miami or Los Angeles and tell me there aren't enough people on the planet.

Did you even bother to read that before - or after for that matter - you posted it?

That's true, but so what?

What's desirable about having another 10 billion people on the planet?

I'm in Canada right now. You can drive for hours in this country and not see anyone.

There's a reason there aren't many people in Canada: Nobody wants to live there. Go to Miami or Los Angeles and tell me there aren't enough people on the planet.

Canada takes in 250,000 immigrants a year, a larger proportion than the US, and rejects a couple hundred thousand more. So "nobody wants to live there" is a tad wrong.

You're a libertarian, right? Lots of people don't want to live in Miami or LA. I live in Florida, and most of the people where I live want nothing to do with Miami. There are many, many, many places you can choose to live. You can choose to live in LA with millions of other people or in Montana with less. There is a LOT of space in America. It's up to you.

Oh, the other relevant fact demolishing this argument is that the US produces many magnitudes more food than 100 years ago on relatively the same area if land. I'm not sure what the number is, but I want to say we produce 50x more food than a century ago but that could be wrong.

Oh, the other relevant fact demolishing this argument is that the US produces many magnitudes more food than 100 years ago on relatively the same area if land. I'm not sure what the number is, but I want to say we produce 50x more food than a century ago but that could be wrong.

I'd be surprised if it weren't more than that.

I understand that your ego prevents you from answering.

can someone give me the cliff notes, interesting thread, but don't want to wade through all the post

thank you

So far we know that bri hates humans (and being wrong) and gets grumpy when planning a long trip.

Oh, and we also know that the past 40 years or so of panic over "the population explosion" have not only been bullshit, but the exact opposite of what we are likely to face in the not-so-distant future.

Did you even bother to read that before - or after for that matter - you posted it?

Yes, I read it. It makes perfect sense to people understand plain English and are capable of rational thought.

You just profess to like the population explosion. Most don't. Upstate NY has the same population as 1950- keeps the old architecture and lifestyle that way. And WE think it's better. Shhh. lol

So far we know that bri hates humans (and being wrong) and gets grumpy when planning a long trip.

Oh, and we also know that the past 40 years or so of panic over "the population explosion" have not only been bullshit, but the exact opposite of what we are likely to face in the not-so-distant future.

What we know is that you would be perfectly happy to let the world population expand to 15 billion if that made your retirement more comfortable. If that isn't the mark of someone who hates humanity, then I've never seen it.

I understand that your ego prevents you from answering.

I don't give a substantive response to pure idiocy.

The 14 billionth person.

You can't want things before you are born.

Are you trying to make this a platform for your pro-abortion views now? Is that your preferred 'solution' to a problem that doesn't exist? Your hatred for humanity seems pretty intense. Where are you from? What planet? What species?

I've never said a word about abortion, asshole. Is that what this is about? You are trying to justify outlawing abortions?

You truly are one fucking sick individual.

Lol.

Okay, let me get this straight...this is what i've learned today...

1. We should reduce the population of those populations that are being targeted for destruction, because then fewer people will be targeted for destruction.

2. Obesity is an indication of malnutrition..but only in the US where the starving masses have foodstamps.

3. Protecting women and infants from being exploited and killed is *sick*.

Is that about it?

That's a lot to take in. Tomorrow the lesson will be:

1. Killing people is moral, and
2. Children would rather be dead than hungry.

I'll bring my pen and paper and be ready to LEARN.

Yes, I read it. It makes perfect sense to people understand plain English and are capable of rational thought.

What is plain is that YOU are talking about population density in very specific locations and NOT global population as a whole. Your little emotions have gotten the better of you and you are NOT engaging in rational thought.

Forum List

Back