And Then...........They Gathered 12 Baskets Of Leftovers

Campbell

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2015
Matthew 14:19
And he directed the people to sit down on the grass. Taking the five loaves and the two fish and looking up to heaven, he gave thanks and broke the loaves. Then he gave them to the disciples, and the disciples gave them to the people.

Mark 6:40
So the five thousand plus women and children sat down in groups of hundreds and fifties.

Mark 6:42
They all ate and were satisfied,

Mark 8:19
When I broke the five loaves for the five thousand, how many basketfuls of pieces did you pick up?" "Twelve," they replied.

You gotta be shittin' me!!!!

And he directed the people to sit down on the grass. Taking the five loaves and the two fish and looking up to heaven, he gave thanks and broke the loaves. Then he gave them to the disciples, and the disciples gave them to the people.

So the five thousand plus women and children sat down in groups of hundreds and fifties.

When I broke the five loaves for the five thousand, how many basketfuls of pieces did you pick up?" "Twelve," they replied.

Do you find yourself slipping in and out of your dementia more often than once or twice a day now? If you wish, I can have my office staff set up an appointment. We have some marvelous new drugs available now that I believe would help you tremendously. Payment is required prior to treatment.

Do you find yourself slipping in and out of your dementia more often than once or twice a day now? If you wish, I can have my office staff set up an appointment. We have some marvelous new drugs available now that I believe would help you tremendously. Payment is required prior to treatment.

When your only reply to people is Ad Hominom attacks instead of viable refutation then you lose more then the discussion, you also show your teachings failed you making you bitter and poisonous like "wormwood".

The topic is legit, the exaggerations and over 50,000 mistakes and lies in the NT is significant enough for a discussion over. Deal with it.

When your only reply to people is Ad Hominom attacks instead of viable refutation then you lose more then the discussion, you also show your teachings failed you making you bitter and poisonous like "wormwood".

The topic is legit, the exaggerations and over 50,000 mistakes and lies in the NT is significant enough for a discussion over. Deal with it.

"When Jesus landed and saw a large crowd, he had compassion on them, because they were like sheep without a shepherd. So he began teaching them many things." Mark 6:34

It is important to note that at this point Jesus only had 7 disciples represented by 5 loaves of bread, bread a metaphor for teaching (see Mat. 16:11,12) and two fish, a well known metaphor for a follower of Jesus. The crowd that gathered gathered to hear Jesus teach. When the disciples asked how they were going to feed such a large and restless crowd he told them to feed them yourselves.

Eating is an established metaphor for hearing as in Isaiah 55:2, "Why do you spend money for what is not bread, And your wages for what does not satisfy? Listen carefully to Me, and eat what is good, And delight yourself in abundance." It follows then that feeding is a metaphor for teaching.

Then he took those 7 disciples and instructed them to teach/feed the crowd in groups of fifty, a reference to when elijah called down fire from the sky. So the disciples fed the crowd everything that they had already learned from Jesus. The twelve baskets represents the twelve disciples and the uneaten pieces represents the aspects of what Jesus taught that they believed but the crowd could not swallow.

Jesus started off with seven disciples, taught a huge and skeptical crowd (accustomed to lynching false prophets) until they were satisfied, "They all ate and were satisfied", and in the process ended up with twelve disciples.

A miracle!

The third time he said to him, “Simon son of John, do you love me?” Peter was hurt because Jesus asked him the third time, “Do you love me?” He said, “Lord, you know all things; you know that I love you.” Jesus said, “Then feed my sheep." John 21:17

Last edited:
quote: "because they were like sheep without a shepherd."

So the claimed good shepherd got his sheep scattered and slain=a bad shepherd who failed at his job.
Donald Trump Says: "Jesus You're Fired!"

quote: "because they were like sheep without a shepherd."

So the claimed good shepherd got his sheep scattered and slain=a bad shepherd who failed at his job.
Donald Trump Says: "Jesus You're Fired!"

When your only reply to a rational interpretation for the 'miracle' of the multiplication of the loaves is irrelevant derision instead of a viable refutation then you lose more then the discussion, you also show your teachings failed you making you bitter and poisonous like "wormwood".

The explanation I gave without adding or subtracting a single word conforms to reality. Deal with it. Try to show a little class.

Jesus getting through to a crowd of 5000 people just like you was truly miraculous.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back