🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Angry Black Mob Shuts Down Speech

No free speech in our institutions of "higher learning"

An “angry mob” of protesters effective shut down a speech by a pro-law enforcement scholar at Claremont McKenna College on Friday, surrounding the building, screaming obscenities and banging on windows.

Manhattan Institute fellow Heather Mac Donald, who is promoting a book called The War on Cops about the Black Lives Matter movement, was forced to give her speech on livestream – to a largely empty room — and then to flee the University building under the protection of campus security when things got really scary.

Seething Mob Shuts Down Speech by Pro-Cop Writer Heather Mac Donald as Event Turns Violent

Right wing mentality = protesting takes away free speech.... therefore ban any kind of protesting so... we... can.. have.... free..... speech.... does anyone not see that massive contradiction here?

I am all for making sure people can protest. It is when it becomes a riot or when the protesters try to intimidate the public or use violence to stop free speech that I have an issue.

An “angry mob” of protesters effective shut down a speech by a pro-law enforcement scholar at Claremont McKenna College on Friday, surrounding the building, screaming obscenities and banging on windows.

Manhattan Institute fellow Heather Mac Donald, who is promoting a book called The War on Cops about the Black Lives Matter movement, was forced to give her speech on livestream – to a largely empty room — and then to flee the University building under the protection of campus security when things got really scary.

Seething Mob Shuts Down Speech by Pro-Cop Writer Heather Mac Donald as Event Turns Violent

Right wing mentality = protesting takes away free speech.... therefore ban any kind of protesting so... we... can.. have.... free..... speech.... does anyone not see that massive contradiction here?

I am all for making sure people can protest. It is when it becomes a riot or when the protesters try to intimidate the public or use violence to stop free speech that I have an issue.

Sure, the problem is many who play the partisan game couldn't care less as long as they get what they want.

where have I ever supported a cop that actually was proved to commit an unlawful shooting?

That's the point, you support a system that exonerates these creeps no matter how fucking guilty they are.

"Wow, another cop acquitted after we tried him in front of an all white jury and suppressed witnesses! The system works!!!!"

I have actually said cops often have to much power and protection, case in point in NYC where they own the franchise on being armed in public, in violation of the 2nd amendment,

Its ironic that an asshole like you bitches about cops having too much power when you want them to be the only armed people in public and private. That makes you a twat-hypocrite and a fucking moron.

I have actually said cops often have to much power and protection, case in point in NYC where they own the franchise on being armed in public, in violation of the 2nd amendment,

Its ironic that an asshole like you bitches about cops having too much power when you want them to be the only armed people in public and private. That makes you a twat-hypocrite and a fucking moron.

No, that makes me practical.

The thing is, i really do think most cops are good guys doing a tough job. A job that is made a lot tougher by the fact there are too many fucking yahoos out there with guns.

I don't think the cops have too much power. I think that when they abuse that power, we aren't doing enough to hold them accountable. Part of that is because most of the people they victimize aren't white, so racist cocks like you are okay with that.

Part of that is that the Police Unions have made it next to impossible to fire the bad actors. For instance, in Chicago, 30% of the incidents of excessive force complaints were lodged against 134 officers out of a force of 14,000. Except for Jason van Dyke, none of them have been fired. (Van Dyke being the guy who shot the kid in the back 16 times, and it STILL took a year to fire him.)

Part of the reason is because we have so many assholes with guns, cops are trained to shoot first and ask questions later.

So while we have 1200 Americans killed by cops in the US a year, in the UK they have maybe 2. In Japan, it's so rare people get upset when the police even unholster their weapons.

But with all my problems with cops who are bullies with badges, I worry a lot more about dumb rednecks with guns, as they are more likely to kill someone.

The thing is, i really do think most cops are good guys doing a tough job. A job that is made a lot tougher by the fact there are too many fucking yahoos out there with guns.

I don't think the cops have too much power. I think that when they abuse that power, we aren't doing enough to hold them accountable. Part of that is because most of the people they victimize aren't white, so racist cocks like you are okay with that.

Part of that is that the Police Unions have made it next to impossible to fire the bad actors. For instance, in Chicago, 30% of the incidents of excessive force complaints were lodged against 134 officers out of a force of 14,000. Except for Jason van Dyke, none of them have been fired. (Van Dyke being the guy who shot the kid in the back 16 times, and it STILL took a year to fire him.)

Part of the reason is because we have so many assholes with guns, cops are trained to shoot first and ask questions later.

So while we have 1200 Americans killed by cops in the US a year, in the UK they have maybe 2. In Japan, it's so rare people get upset when the police even unholster their weapons.

But with all my problems with cops who are bullies with badges, I worry a lot more about dumb rednecks with guns, as they are more likely to kill someone.

Power corrupts. Give them the only franchise to armed force, and you will have even more bad cops doing more bad things. The simple fact is you would only disarm law abiding citizens, criminals would still get guns even if they had to make them.

And Police Unions are another example of excessive government power that for some reason you don't see connected to your idiotic policies.

I am appalled that police feel the need to defend themselves, or others 1200 times a year with deadly force. What does that say about our society that the police feel the need to use that level of force, that often? According to the Huffington Post (not exactly a freind of law enforcement) "...since 2005, there have only been 13 officers convicted of murder or manslaughter in fatal on-duty shootings..."Here’s How Many Cops Got Convicted Of Murder Last Year For On-Duty Shootings | The Huffington Post
Is this because of a failure of the judicial system? Possibly, kind of an unlikely explanation for all of it though.
According to The Guardian, "A dozen officers have been charged with murder or manslaughter this year resulting from shootings, up from an average of about five a year from 2005 to 2014, said Philip Stinson, an associate professor of criminology at Ohio’s Bowling Green State University." "None of the officers has been convicted, and over the previous decade just one in five officers charged was found guilty, said Stinson, a former police officer."Number of US police officers charged in fatal shootings hits 10-year high
Looks to me like the vast majority of these cases are seen to be justified....

No, it just shows that the system is flawed.

So out of 1200 shootings a year by police (compared to only a handful in a country like the United Kingdom) prosecutors rarely charge. On the rare occassions they do, the Police Unions go all out getting the best lawyers to protect them.

It's like saying OJ must have been innocent, because a jury acquitted him.

No, he just got really good lawyers with no ethics and a prosecutor who was inept.
That sounds an awful lot like conspiracy theory. Got any evidence to back it up? I do mean more than "well it must be so, because it fits my world view." I mean something concrete. Something akin to a smoking gun... I'll wait...

No, I put my selflessness above my morals, because I don't fuck with other people unless there is a compelling reason.

She's murdering a fucking baby, according to you twits. I don't think it gets more "compelling" than that.

No, it doesn't have to be a black/white issue. But if that makes it easier for your feeble mind to comprehend, go for it.

Actually, it kind of does. Either fetuses are people and they have more rights than the women they are in, or they aren't and can be disposed of. You really can't have it both ways.

It's called federalism asshat, and its how our system is supposed to work.

No, I really don't think that we need to follow some slave-rapist who shit in a chamberpot for good advice on how to run our lives. Now, when you start bleeding yourself to treat a cold like they did, I'll take you seriously.

And the affluent can fund buses to transport said poor people if they truly believe in the cause.

Pony up, buttercup.

Or we can have a constitutionally protected right to choose.

The main reason WHY SCOTUS overthrew the silly abortion laws in Jesusland is they saw that kind of unfairness.
It must be quite exhausting to be so angry all the time. I know it was for me.... Just sayin'....

Power corrupts. Give them the only franchise to armed force, and you will have even more bad cops doing more bad things. The simple fact is you would only disarm law abiding citizens, criminals would still get guns even if they had to make them.

And Police Unions are another example of excessive government power that for some reason you don't see connected to your idiotic policies.
Case in point conserning the last statement:
Police & firefighters unions & associations
Top Senate Recipients Funded
Recipient Amount
Tammy Duckworth $31,000
Chris Van Hollen $30,250
Amy Klobuchar $25,000
Brian Schatz $15,000
Edward J. Markey $15,000
Patrick J. Leahy $15,000
Sherrod Brown $14,000
Kamala D. Harris $12,700
Cory A. Booker $12,500
Shelley Moore Capito $12,500
Contributions shown for the last six years of available data, Nov 29, 2010 - Nov 28, 2016, including contributions to presidential campaigns.

Top House Recipients Funded
Recipient Amount
Bill Pascrell, Jr. $16,000
Julia Brownley $15,400
Steny H. Hoyer $15,000
Mike Bost $15,000
Daniel M. Donovan, Jr. $13,000
David P. Joyce $11,500
Frank A. LoBiondo $11,000
Josh Gottheimer $11,000
Paul Cook $10,000
Bill Shuster $10,000
Contributions shown for the last two years of available data, Nov 29, 2014 - Nov 28, 2016, including contributions to presidential campaigns.

Show all
Police & Firefighters Unions & Associations Campaign Contributions to U.S. Congress Legislators | MapLight - Money and Politics
Notice, if you will do the little work it takes, that the top 5 (at least) Senators are all Democrats....

Religious Right lost the argument on segregation
Umm last I checked the Civil Rights Act of 1964 was passed by a REPUBLICAN congress (where the "religious right" tends to vote). But of course now I suppose you will tell me how that is misleading and that the vast majority of KKK members have been Republicans, so I guess this was a waste of time.
Naw, guy, what would make me happy is if you guys just stopped fucking things up because a Koch-brothers sponsored group has convinced you a perfectly sensible law is somehow infringing on your freedom.
So, in other words, if we would just shit down, shut up, and agree with you, you could finally be happy. Well, I got news for ya'. You better get used to being unhappy...

Okay, except your whole argument is disputed by the fact the UK has banned gun ownership, and their cops don't act nearly as badly as ours.

In fact, at the risk of defending some of the bad actors, the thing is, if Cops are a bit too trigger happy, it's because there are too many guns out there and some of them just want to get home to their families.

Not really. Police Unions are a reflection of a culture that protects its own, no matter what. The simple fix is that the unions just simply have no say in misconduct investigations against individual officers.

Going back to Chicago, the thing was, 134 officers were responsible for 30% of the violations of civil rights. Yet almost all of them still have jobs not just becuase of the union, but because the Office of Professional Standards clears 96% of cases in the officer's favor.

The city paid out millions of dollars covering up Jason van Dyke's misconduct for years, and he didn't get fired until the McDonald tape was released.

Okay, except your whole argument is disputed by the fact the UK has banned gun ownership, and their cops don't act nearly as badly as ours.

In fact, at the risk of defending some of the bad actors, the thing is, if Cops are a bit too trigger happy, it's because there are too many guns out there and some of them just want to get home to their families.

Not really. Police Unions are a reflection of a culture that protects its own, no matter what. The simple fix is that the unions just simply have no say in misconduct investigations against individual officers.

Going back to Chicago, the thing was, 134 officers were responsible for 30% of the violations of civil rights. Yet almost all of them still have jobs not just becuase of the union, but because the Office of Professional Standards clears 96% of cases in the officer's favor.

The city paid out millions of dollars covering up Jason van Dyke's misconduct for years, and he didn't get fired until the McDonald tape was released.

When you support unfettered government power, this is what you get. You want government to punish people as you see fit, and then you wonder why the power goes to their head.

You are an ignorant rube.

Umm last I checked the Civil Rights Act of 1964 was passed by a REPUBLICAN congress (where the "religious right" tends to vote). But of course now I suppose you will tell me how that is misleading and that the vast majority of KKK members have been Republicans, so I guess this was a waste of time.

I think you are a little confused here. back in 1964, the "religious right' voted all Democratic.

Then after the Civil Rights acts of 1964 and 1968, those conservative racist assholes quit the Democrats ("I've lost the south for a generation", LBJ Lamented...) and joined the Republicans, who were happy to have them as part of Nixon's Southern Strategy.

Pretty much starting with Nixon and continuing on through Trump, the GOP has done a very good jobs of playing to the racist fears of the religious right. Trump is a bit more open about it because when you have kids who only know that colored water fountains were a thing from history books, you have to work harder to play on their racism.

That sounds an awful lot like conspiracy theory. Got any evidence to back it up? I do mean more than "well it must be so, because it fits my world view." I mean something concrete. Something akin to a smoking gun... I'll wait...

Conspiracy theories assume that it's being done in secret.

I only have to point at actual cases, where prosecutors engage in misconduct to acquit officers or never charge them to start with - Darren Wilson, Timothy Loehman, Jason van Dyke.

I think you are a little confused here. back in 1964, the "religious right' voted all Democratic.

Then after the Civil Rights acts of 1964 and 1968, those conservative racist assholes quit the Democrats ("I've lost the south for a generation", LBJ Lamented...) and joined the Republicans, who were happy to have them as part of Nixon's Southern Strategy.

Pretty much starting with Nixon and continuing on through Trump, the GOP has done a very good jobs of playing to the racist fears of the religious right. Trump is a bit more open about it because when you have kids who only know that colored water fountains were a thing from history books, you have to work harder to play on their racism.

I only have to point at actual cases, where prosecutors engage in misconduct to acquit officers or never charge them to start with - Darren Wilson, Timothy Loehman, Jason van Dyke.

Are you suggesting, then, that from these relatively few cases where you can produce hard evidence, that the entire system needs to be changed? In what way? Why not simply charge those responsible with any crimes committed and call it a day? This is the thinking that brought about the sweeping changes to 1/6th of the economy with the ACA. It would have been far easier, and cheaper, to make the "tweaks" in the system needed, than to change the system.
back in 1964, the "religious right' voted all Democratic.
Wouldn't that make them the "religious LEFT"?

Looks like the protesters wanted it more :dunno:
I guess Hitler just wanted it more.

Are you suggesting, then, that from these relatively few cases where you can produce hard evidence, that the entire system needs to be changed? In what way? Why not simply charge those responsible with any crimes committed and call it a day?

I suggest a lot more than that.

The problem isn't just that a few bad apples are committing these acts.

It's that the whole system protects them.

Going back to my favorite one, Jason van Dyke. This guy had 20 complaints against him for excessive force before he shot LaQuan McDonald. One of them was so severe, the city paid out half a million in injuries to a citizen whose arm he dislocated during a "Driving While Black" stop. He was also involved in an incident where he falsified statements about another shooting.

Yet he didn't get fired. He didn't get fired after he shot McDonald. INstead, the city did its level best to cover it up. Other cops filed false statements, evidence was destroyed, and the city even tried to pay off McDonald's family with a 5 million dollar settlement.

ONLY after a judge ordered the release of a videotape from one of the police cars did the city finally fire and charge him, and it's STILL going to be another year before he sees trial.

Now, this is a case where there is really no doubt about what happened. It's not just the individual cases, it's the whole system that needs reform.

This is the thinking that brought about the sweeping changes to 1/6th of the economy with the ACA. It would have been far easier, and cheaper, to make the "tweaks" in the system needed, than to change the system.

Actually, we need to change the system more than it was. THe ACA sucks because it didn't provide a public alternative to private insurance. it just expanded the awful system we had, and told them there were things they can't do anymore, like call your cancer a pre-existing condition.

Wouldn't that make them the "religious LEFT"?

Um, no. But frankly, I don't have time to unravel a century of political history for you and correct whatever Talking Snake Home School infected your mind.

Forum List

Back