🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Angry Black Mob Shuts Down Speech

I am appalled that police feel the need to defend themselves, or others 1200 times a year with deadly force. What does that say about our society that the police feel the need to use that level of force, that often? According to the Huffington Post (not exactly a freind of law enforcement) "...since 2005, there have only been 13 officers convicted of murder or manslaughter in fatal on-duty shootings..."Here’s How Many Cops Got Convicted Of Murder Last Year For On-Duty Shootings | The Huffington Post
Is this because of a failure of the judicial system? Possibly, kind of an unlikely explanation for all of it though.
According to The Guardian, "A dozen officers have been charged with murder or manslaughter this year resulting from shootings, up from an average of about five a year from 2005 to 2014, said Philip Stinson, an associate professor of criminology at Ohio’s Bowling Green State University." "None of the officers has been convicted, and over the previous decade just one in five officers charged was found guilty, said Stinson, a former police officer."Number of US police officers charged in fatal shootings hits 10-year high
Looks to me like the vast majority of these cases are seen to be justified....

No, it just shows that the system is flawed.

So out of 1200 shootings a year by police (compared to only a handful in a country like the United Kingdom) prosecutors rarely charge. On the rare occassions they do, the Police Unions go all out getting the best lawyers to protect them.

It's like saying OJ must have been innocent, because a jury acquitted him.

No, he just got really good lawyers with no ethics and a prosecutor who was inept.

And to me that line should be drawn at the State Level. I live in New York, and here, even without Roe that line is drawn at the 2nd Trimester.

If Alabama wants to draw that line at conception, then they should be able to.

You are only a person if you are in a uterus in the right state? Seriously, your humanity depends on your geographic location?

That's even more retarded than what you normally say.

All you've really done is create a system where the affluent can cross borders to get abortions, while the poor have to take their chances.

Why does everything with the right wing involve fucking over the poor?

So your stupid premises re 'fetuses' is a load of crap, and you know it. Thanks for lying yet again.

Unless you are going to treat pregnant women as property of the state, all your crying about "babies" is stupid.

I make a compromise between my belief structures, and one that has most weight is 'don't fuck with other people unless you have to, and more importantly, don't use government to do it"

In short, you put your own selfishness above your morals. got it.

Things are either life, or not life, there is no middle schrodinger-esque compromise (except for maybe viruses), even if it is convenient for your argument and self-delusion.

No, either you accept that fetuses are people who have more rights than the woman they are in, or you accept that they are not viable, and therefore have no rights.

Pretty simple.

No, I put my selflessness above my morals, because I don't fuck with other people unless there is a compelling reason.

No, it doesn't have to be a black/white issue. But if that makes it easier for your feeble mind to comprehend, go for it.

And to me that line should be drawn at the State Level. I live in New York, and here, even without Roe that line is drawn at the 2nd Trimester.

If Alabama wants to draw that line at conception, then they should be able to.

You are only a person if you are in a uterus in the right state? Seriously, your humanity depends on your geographic location?

That's even more retarded than what you normally say.

All you've really done is create a system where the affluent can cross borders to get abortions, while the poor have to take their chances.

Why does everything with the right wing involve fucking over the poor?

It's called federalism asshat, and its how our system is supposed to work.

And the affluent can fund buses to transport said poor people if they truly believe in the cause.

Pony up, buttercup.

No, I put my selflessness above my morals, because I don't fuck with other people unless there is a compelling reason.

She's murdering a fucking baby, according to you twits. I don't think it gets more "compelling" than that.

No, it doesn't have to be a black/white issue. But if that makes it easier for your feeble mind to comprehend, go for it.

Actually, it kind of does. Either fetuses are people and they have more rights than the women they are in, or they aren't and can be disposed of. You really can't have it both ways.

No, I really don't think that we need to follow some slave-rapist who shit in a chamberpot for good advice on how to run our lives. Now, when you start bleeding yourself to treat a cold like they did, I'll take you seriously.

And the affluent can fund buses to transport said poor people if they truly believe in the cause.

Pony up, buttercup.

Or we can have a constitutionally protected right to choose.

The main reason WHY SCOTUS overthrew the silly abortion laws in Jesusland is they saw that kind of unfairness.

She's murdering a fucking baby, according to you twits. I don't think it gets more "compelling" than that.

Actually, it kind of does. Either fetuses are people and they have more rights than the women they are in, or they aren't and can be disposed of. You really can't have it both ways.

No, I really don't think that we need to follow some slave-rapist who shit in a chamberpot for good advice on how to run our lives. Now, when you start bleeding yourself to treat a cold like they did, I'll take you seriously.

Pony up, buttercup.

Or we can have a constitutionally protected right to choose.

The main reason WHY SCOTUS overthrew the silly abortion laws in Jesusland is they saw that kind of unfairness.

I've never called it murder, I've called it killing.

Says who?

Roe is a figment of some idiot Justice's imagination. and has led to the current state of affairs vis a vis abortion.

As much as I dislike contributing to this particular off topic overtake of a thread - If "life" is the cut off then when does the church ban swatting flies and killing cows? What defines the difference between "killable" life and "unkillable" life? I mean even the good book says that gay folks should die, why are they "not special" enough to qualify? When you dig into the meat of the bible, it rather bluntly proclaims that some people simply don't deserve to live. I argue that choice of who does or does not isn't really yours to make. If a woman kills her flesh and blood, God will judge and punish her so you need not worry about it yea?

Roe is a figment of some idiot Justice's imagination. and has led to the current state of affairs vis a vis abortion.

No, silly man.

All Roe did was legalize what was already happening.

Your comment is about as stupid as "Repealing the 18th Amendment led to a bunch of drinking!" People were ALREADY drinking, all the 21st Amendment did was get rid of unworkable laws.

The reality. Before Roe, women were getting abortions, and their doctors were writing down something else on their charts. How do we know this? The birth rate didn't drop dramatically in 1973 or 1974. Women were having just as many abortions in 1972 as they were in 1973.

you see, the only reason why Abortion became a big political deal in the 1980's is AFTER the Religious Right lost the argument on segregation, they needed something to get the Billy-bob's and Cleetuses upset about. Before that, Abortion was largely seen as a "Catholic" issue. The Evangelicals just didn't care about it, until they did.

Then again, anything to keep the Billy-Bob's from realizing the below...

Facebook-1c54ad.png

You realize that lie doesn't work right Joe?

Republicans, and most center and right folks, believe that the individual is responsible for ruining, or bettering, their life.

No, silly man.

All Roe did was legalize what was already happening.

Your comment is about as stupid as "Repealing the 18th Amendment led to a bunch of drinking!" People were ALREADY drinking, all the 21st Amendment did was get rid of unworkable laws.

The reality. Before Roe, women were getting abortions, and their doctors were writing down something else on their charts. How do we know this? The birth rate didn't drop dramatically in 1973 or 1974. Women were having just as many abortions in 1972 as they were in 1973.

you see, the only reason why Abortion became a big political deal in the 1980's is AFTER the Religious Right lost the argument on segregation, they needed something to get the Billy-bob's and Cleetuses upset about. Before that, Abortion was largely seen as a "Catholic" issue. The Evangelicals just didn't care about it, until they did.

Then again, anything to keep the Billy-Bob's from realizing the below...

Facebook-1c54ad.png

So much typing, so little reality, you mormon hating fuckhead.

Republicans, and most center and right folks, believe that the individual is responsible for ruining, or bettering, their life.

Right. When they aren't collecting their "White People Welfare" like Social Security, Medicare, Unemployment Insurance, VA Benefits, etc.

they're totally pulling themselves up by their bootstraps.

Your concession is duly noted... as you have no response.

Well, considering the only thing on your list that they didn't pay into is VA Benefits (which I would actually argue many R's did by serving the country) it's no longer welfare.

That said, I say we get rid of all of it but the VA benefits, the government sucks fucking ass at investing, let people invest for their own retirements and if they fuck up by not saving for it then they can work until they die, or just die, whichever.

Well, considering the only thing on your list that they didn't pay into is VA Benefits (which I would actually argue many R's did by serving the country) it's no longer welfare.

so by your argument, any adult who ever paid taxes isn't collecting welfare, either.

See how flimsy your arguments are when exposed to scrutiny.

(Also, you don't pay into unemployment insurance, your employer does, but never mind.)

That said, I say we get rid of all of it but the VA benefits, the government sucks fucking ass at investing, let people invest for their own retirements and if they fuck up by not saving for it then they can work until they die, or just die, whichever.

I think you Wingnuts should make that your open platform. Totally. I think you need to totally run on that. Not "Let's reform it" to mean let the insurance companies loot those funds... but totally run on the "I got mine, fuck you" platform.

I think that would be awesome, but some of you working white trash would still vote for that because you are deluded into thinking you are 'better' when you really aren't.

Right. When they aren't collecting their "White People Welfare" like Social Security, Medicare, Unemployment Insurance, VA Benefits, etc.

It's not a concession, its just a simple fact that you are typing drivel that is not material to the conversation. it's a screed, not a response.

oooooo so bitter JoeB. ~meow, hiss, hiss~

I'm not a "wingnut," I'm a capitalist. I bet I could get some votes because I don't play partisan games, but then again there's a lot of jealous, bitchy, greedy fucks in the world who would just hate me. I'd vote for a capitalist - oh shit! President Trump! Well fuck an A, it seems like I'm not the only one! <3

It's not a concession, its just a simple fact that you are typing drivel that is not material to the conversation. it's a screed, not a response.

Makes me glad I have that moron on ignore.

Makes me glad I have that moron on ignore.

I can't bring myself to ignore idiots, It allows them to spew their filth without counter or retort.

No free speech in our institutions of "higher learning"

Manhattan Institute fellow Heather Mac Donald, who is promoting a book called The War on Cops about the Black Lives Matter movement, was forced to give her speech on livestream – to a largely empty room — and then to flee the University building under the protection of campus security when things got really scary.
lent

anyone who thinks a hack like Heather McDonald is a scholar is part of the problem.

I get a little bored about hearing that there is a "war on police' when people complain about their use of excessive force against civilians, usually civilians of color.

uq2w1.jpg

No free speech in our institutions of "higher learning"

An “angry mob” of protesters effective shut down a speech by a pro-law enforcement scholar at Claremont McKenna College on Friday, surrounding the building, screaming obscenities and banging on windows.

Manhattan Institute fellow Heather Mac Donald, who is promoting a book called The War on Cops about the Black Lives Matter movement, was forced to give her speech on livestream – to a largely empty room — and then to flee the University building under the protection of campus security when things got really scary.

Seething Mob Shuts Down Speech by Pro-Cop Writer Heather Mac Donald as Event Turns Violent

STOP ALL FEDERAL FUNDING TO THESE PITS.

Forum List

Back