Animal Rights, Yes or No

Save the Baby Harp Seals!

image001_BabyHarpSealCriesOut.jpg

Or at least save one for me, I'll bring my own Louisville Slugger!

Last edited:
Sticky traps are even worse. I can't have either in my house. It's bad enough when the cats catch the mice. When I caught one in a live trap I took it down the street and let it in the yard of the guy who screams at people whose dogs are off leash.

You think it's okay for people to disobey leash laws?

Have you ever seen what a dog will do to a cat....or a mouse, for that matter?

indeed. and im not FOR the likes of Mike Vick. I juse see this as the preliminary strategy of vegans who have the same mentality of pink lunger bastards when it comes to limiting personal options for the sake of knowing better than the individual how to live.

Sticky traps are even worse. I can't have either in my house. It's bad enough when the cats catch the mice. When I caught one in a live trap I took it down the street and let it in the yard of the guy who screams at people whose dogs are off leash.

what would you do if you fond this scampering out from under your bed?

8e5ce872-8cc4-4b46-893f-1bcfa78e07c6-big.jpg

Lefties don't believe in rights, typically. They think people are cattle, only dumber.

I don't remember if you're left or not, just sayin...

I'm an independent. I believe that people have rights - legal rights. I simply don’t believe that people have intrinsic rights. There is no proof that intrinsic rights exist.

My Parson Russell would kill it in about 2 seconds flat, then leave its little corpse bleeding where she killed it.

If she missed, it would just be a matter of time before it made a mistake....she always gets her man.

I'm an independent. I believe that people have rights - legal rights. I simply don’t believe that people have intrinsic rights. There is no proof that intrinsic rights exist.

So "rights" only exist when we create them....and since they are for protection of ourselves from ourselves, do you agree we can't "grant" them to animals, which exist outside our society?

indeed. FISHING is just like an aquatic holocaust.

:sigh:

What's the diff between that and a fish derby for kids?
Or bass fishing contest?

And we all know how concerned sharks are with compassion and "rights".

Last edited:
So "rights" only exist when we create them....and since they are for protection of ourselves from ourselves, do you agree we can't "grant" them to animals, which exist outside our society?

I would not use the term "animal rights" but "laws" to protect animals from abuse. We grant these rights/laws for the sake of animals. We do so for the sake of the animals and, to some degree, for sake of the ecosystem. We think that we are superior to animals. We have a larger cerebral cortex and are capable of advanced thought. Animals are more reactionary. As superior being, it is our responsibility, to control them and their environment to a strong degree while not unnecessarily abusing them. Animals have emotion and feel pain. We think that it is right for us, while we are superior to animals, to also give rights/laws to protect the animals.

Or bass fishing contest?

And we all know how concerned sharks are with compassion and "rights".

Darn, I was waiting for the punch line, I thought it was going to be a joke.

Why would sharks be concerned about "rights?" Are you saying they are on the same level as we are?

Or bass fishing contest?

My understanding is that the biggest difference is reproductive biology. A single fish can lay thousands upon thousands of eggs in one cycle whereas most shark species give birth to live pups in understandably much smaller numbers. If this is true, then it doesn't take Shogun's rocket science intellect to see how a shark tournament could cause more irreparable damage to their population than a fish derby does to fish populations. But I'm no expert.

Forum List

Back