Animal Rights, Yes or No

uh, do you REALLY think it's the breeding and NOT the tool clutching opposable thumb at play here? And. why do fish school if they are not directly lower in the food chain to aquatic fish eating predators?

Hey, I support your individual right to choose your own diet. But this is the base argument to implementing mass vegetarianism and it's arbitrary as hell.

Id hate to see what happens to smokers happen to meat eaters.

Many species of primates have opposable thumbs. A few use tools. Most of them are endangered. I think is has less to do with thumbs and more to do with brains.

Fish school to avoid being eaten by the larger predators, but the food chain is arbitrary and rarely a simple chain. The largest predators die and are themselves eaten by decomposers, which are in turn eaten by schooling fish.

Does that make the decomposers "higher" than the predators?

Look the stigma placed on smokers is deplorable, and mandated vegitarianism would go about as well as the war on drugs. But I really do fail to see the problem with standards for the conditions under which animals are kept.

Last edited:
given that meat IS another substance that can cause the blocking of arteries and promotes heart attacks..

YES.

it's just a matter of time before those who think they know how to live your life better bans your options.

Thank you for agreeing that that is a non sequitor loss of freedom scare tactic.

Many species of primates have opposable thumbs. A few use tools. Most of them are endangered. I think is has less to do with thumbs and more to do with brains.

Fish school to avoid being eaten by the larger predators, but the food chain is arbitrary and rarely a simple chain. The largest predators die and are themselves eaten by decomposers, which are in turn eaten by schooling fish.

Does that make the decomposers "higher" than the predators?

Look the stigma placed on smokers is deplorable, and mandated vegitarianism would go about as well as the war on drugs. But I really do fail to see the problem with standards for the conditions under which animals are kept.

Practically everything should be considered with moderation. People can go to bad extremes on either side of the "Animal rights" issue. Is bull-fighting wrong? Is horseracing wrong? It is wrong to eat dogs as some nation's citizens do. Is it wrong to eat fish? If so, then is it right to eat your pet fish? Is it wrong to murder a spider?

Damn spiders. I say kill them all. And all cockroaches and mosquitoes. They exist only to annoy and spread disease, suffering and pain.

Bigot alert.

The laws come from the society which they protect. So we're back to square one for the fifth or sixth time. We can't create rights for other species. Rights are created by us, to protect ourselves from ourselves. And laws which prevent cruelty in no way "prove" that we recognize rights in other species. We simply have them because cruelty makes US uncomfortable. Then animals haven't asserted their "right" to live without interference from humans. We did it ourselves, to make us comfortable within our own society.

what's a matter allie? you can call me a christian bigot...

"We simply have them because cruelty makes US uncomfortable."

thanks for coming out.

as long as you are talking about your ah 'beliefs'.

please explain why if i were to go out and capture a deer. take downtown tie it up and start kicking it in the face i'd end up in jail.

and as a side note try to actually help you out why was it not ok for your uncle to throw kittens out his pickup window?

you wouldnt face jail time for killing a deer downtown if it were legal to hunt there. Killing the deer would be as much of a non issue there as in the woods.

ps.. it's still funny that you shy away from the FACT of deer hunting season, yo.

My uncle would not be throwing kittens out the window in order to eat them. Neither did Vick eat his dogs. Neither would your "kicking a dogs ass" fantasy lead to the dinner table.

which, again, would be totally acceptable if I dog were ripping your kids throat out.

Practically everything should be considered with moderation. People can go to bad extremes on either side of the "Animal rights" issue. Is bull-fighting wrong? Is horseracing wrong? It is wrong to eat dogs as some nation's citizens do. Is it wrong to eat fish? If so, then is it right to eat your pet fish? Is it wrong to murder a spider?

yeah but relativity only goes so far (which is not very in my opinion).

i think even shogun realizes it was wrong for his uncle to throw the kittens out the window that pickup.

ha.

i guess you missed where i asked about where laws come from dearie.

hehehe...i mean besides coming down the mountain on a tablet (lol)

the laws come from humans extending them to some animals. yet we still kill animals WIDESCALE for consumption... And, in the case of a pit bull chewing your kids face off...

you wouldnt face jail time for killing a deer downtown if it were legal to hunt there. Killing the deer would be as much of a non issue there as in the woods.

obtuse boy.

what part of tied up and kicking did you not understand?

course cows do scream louder than tobacco plants (or was that carrots?)

and yet a free man living in liberty should ahve the prerogative to consume either. Remember, your dinner tonight once screamed.

the laws come from humans extending them to some animals. yet we still kill animals WIDESCALE for consumption... And, in the case of a pit bull chewing your kids face off...

and even allie was able to recognize that the laws on cruelty

were based on "feelings".

course she said "uncomfortable".

hmm....is that a feeling...hmmm.:eusa_boohoo:

and yet a free man living in liberty should ahve the prerogative to consume either. Remember, your dinner tonight once screamed.

yes moron man.

but i didn't take it downtown and kick it the face.

idiot.

yeah but relativity only goes so far (which is not very in my opinion).

i think even shogun realizes it was wrong for his uncle to throw the kittens out the window that pickup.

wrong according to our human standards of this particular society.

why don't you oppose Mousetraps, dude?

obtuse boy.

what part of tied up and kicking did you not understand?

what part of boxing a dear NOT for consumption do you not understand?

Why don't you oppose mole killing solutions for gardens, dude?

wrong according to our human standards of this particular society.

why don't you oppose Mousetraps, dude?

easy.

99% of the time they snap the little varmints neck.

again moron boy. let me take a live mouse downtown and slowly peel it's skin off.

cruelty dipshit.

Damn spiders. I say kill them all. And all cockroaches and mosquitoes. They exist only to annoy and spread disease, suffering and pain.

There is currently research into using brown recluse venom as an anti cancer drug. It is a necrotizing venom which stays localized to the area of injection.

Cockroaches are generally harmless. And provide an a easily replenished source of food for many small animals.

Can't think of any reason to keep mosquitoes though.

Forum List

Back