Ann Coulter and lefty lies about immigration and crime...

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
The meme has been set by the left.....immigrants are all hard working people who only come here for a better life...and anyone who says differently, or points out the truth, reality is a racist.......so stop talking about crime committed by immigrants.....

And here we have Ann Coulter....speaking the truth and pointing out reality.....

Ann Coulter - July 15 2015 - EVERY PRO-IMMIGRATION CLAIM IS A LIE

Pew cites their studies -- and everyone in the media cites Pew, leading to headlines like these:

"UT Dallas prof finds immigrant kids less likely to commit serious crimes, re-offend" -- The Dallas Morning News

"UMass Boston Prof: Stereotype of 'Criminal Immigrant' Doesn't Hold Up" -- Targeted News Service

"Surprise! Donald Trump is wrong about immigrants and crime" -- The Washington Post

Curiously, we are never shown the actual studies, but simply told -- with some heat -- "studies show!"

I looked up some of these alleged studies this weekend. They're all hidden behind ridiculous Internet paywalls. I was often only the sixth person to read them.

It turns out that neither Piquero nor Bersani compared immigrant crime to "the overall population" -- as the British Guardian recently claimed in an article purporting to prove Donald Trump wrong. Rather, they compare immigrants' crime rate to the crime rate of America's most criminally inclined subgroups.

Thus, for example, once you get past the paywall, you will find that Piquero and Bersani's joint study, "Comparing Patterns and Predictors of Immigrant Offending Among a Sample of Adjudicated Youth," used as its base group "adolescents who were found guilty of a serious offense."

THAT'S NOT A REPRESENTATIVE SAMPLE OF AMERICANS! It's a representative sample of teenagers who are convicted criminals.

Similarly, professor Bersani's oft-cited, but never-read study, "An Examination of First and Second Generation Immigrant Offending Trajectories," looked at a population group that included "an over-sample of Hispanic and African-American youth."

Instead of immigrants who are less crime-prone than our native blacks and Hispanics, we were hoping for immigrants less criminal than our Norwegians.

True, as Bersani explains, "because many immigrants initially settle in disadvantaged environments and are exposed to a number of crime-inducing risk factors, their experiences may be similar to many native-born minorities -- particularly the African-American population."

But here's an idea: How about NOT taking in immigrants who are poor, uneducated, come from dysfunctional families and settle in disadvantaged environments?

Ann Coulter wouldn't know truth if it took a bite out of her Adams Apple.

Ann Coulter wouldn't know truth if it took a bite out of her Adams Apple.

Allow me to translate: She actually told the truth and I can't dispute it....so I'll attack her personally.....

• Thanks
Reactions: Ava
The meme has been set by the left.....immigrants are all hard working people who only come here for a better life...and anyone who says differently, or points out the truth, reality is a racist.......so stop talking about crime committed by immigrants.....

And here we have Ann Coulter....speaking the truth and pointing out reality.....

Pew cites their studies -- and everyone in the media cites Pew, leading to headlines like these:

"UT Dallas prof finds immigrant kids less likely to commit serious crimes, re-offend" -- The Dallas Morning News

"UMass Boston Prof: Stereotype of 'Criminal Immigrant' Doesn't Hold Up" -- Targeted News Service

"Surprise! Donald Trump is wrong about immigrants and crime" -- The Washington Post

Curiously, we are never shown the actual studies, but simply told -- with some heat -- "studies show!"

I looked up some of these alleged studies this weekend. They're all hidden behind ridiculous Internet paywalls. I was often only the sixth person to read them.

It turns out that neither Piquero nor Bersani compared immigrant crime to "the overall population" -- as the British Guardian recently claimed in an article purporting to prove Donald Trump wrong. Rather, they compare immigrants' crime rate to the crime rate of America's most criminally inclined subgroups.

Thus, for example, once you get past the paywall, you will find that Piquero and Bersani's joint study, "Comparing Patterns and Predictors of Immigrant Offending Among a Sample of Adjudicated Youth," used as its base group "adolescents who were found guilty of a serious offense."

THAT'S NOT A REPRESENTATIVE SAMPLE OF AMERICANS! It's a representative sample of teenagers who are convicted criminals.

Similarly, professor Bersani's oft-cited, but never-read study, "An Examination of First and Second Generation Immigrant Offending Trajectories," looked at a population group that included "an over-sample of Hispanic and African-American youth."

Instead of immigrants who are less crime-prone than our native blacks and Hispanics, we were hoping for immigrants less criminal than our Norwegians.

True, as Bersani explains, "because many immigrants initially settle in disadvantaged environments and are exposed to a number of crime-inducing risk factors, their experiences may be similar to many native-born minorities -- particularly the African-American population."

But here's an idea: How about NOT taking in immigrants who are poor, uneducated, come from dysfunctional families and settle in disadvantaged environments?
Did you forget the word ILLEGAL in your post. I don't know of anyone who is against legal immigration. It's the illegal immigration that's the problem. There's a problem when legal and illegal immigration is grouped all under one heading of immigration.

This is a crazy right winger's thread. Don't confuse everybody with facts.

It is not only the left that ignores the invasion from the south. It would appear that nearly all politicians, media, academia, Hollywood, and the elites do as well.

More deflection? What facts have you offered except to kill the messenger?

No need to kill the messenger. If he falls for Coulter's crap, he's brain dead anyway.
Is that what MSNBC or media matters told you or even the democrat underground for that matter?

Have you read any of her books? I have just like I read all of Al Franklin books.

Its childish saying she is a guy, just like it is childish that some on the right say Michelle is a guy.

Refute the OP not the messenger.

No need to kill the messenger. If he falls for Coulter's crap, he's brain dead anyway.
Is that what MSNBC or media matters told you or even the democrat underground for that matter?

Have you read any of her books? I have just like I read all of Al Franklin books.

Its childish saying she is a guy, just like it is childish that some on the right say Michelle is a guy.

Coulter's rantings are no more worthy of discussion than limbaugh's are. Anything that stupid is only worthy of ridicule. That includes the pathetic fools who present anything those two spew as anything but rediculous.

Coulter's rantings are no more worthy of discussion than limbaugh's are. Anything that stupid is only worthy of ridicule. That includes the pathetic fools who present anything those two spew as anything but rediculous.

Allow me to translate: I can see that her stats are solid...so I will just say she rants...and move on.....because I don't want to keep any attention on the truth any longer than necessary......it makes me look stupid....

The meme has been set by the left.....immigrants are all hard working people who only come here for a better life.

When you start by believing a lie what do you get? Duped.

Most immigrants are hard working, not all.

Allow me to translate: I can see that her stats are solid...so I will just say she rants...and move on.....because I don't want to keep any attention on the truth any longer than necessary......it makes me look stupid....

Only an idiot would believe her misdirected numbers actually support the things she claims.

Ann Coulter is sort of a litmus test for Progs.

Without question, Coulter uses language and stylistic devices in order to be intentionally inflammatory. This is what makes her entertaining, and why she has written a dozen (or so) books that have been NYT best sellers.

But all of her arguments are based in fact, and most are meticulously footnoted (in her books, if not always in her columns). If she refutes a statistic or someone else's claim, she exposes why that statistic is biased and not-credible.

The Progs who demean her never address the SUBSTANCE of what she says, because usually her points are irrefutable.

Case in point: Our illegal immigrants coming from south of the border (and their children and other relatives who may now be "legal") are disproportionately criminals, recipients of a cornucopia of government (taxpayer-funded) benefits, and much less likely to be net contributors to our society - and this is 180 degrees out of synch with previous generations of immigrants, or immigrants coming from Europe or Asia (mainly China and India).

Refute it, Progs.

You can't. All you can do is whine about how Ann Coulter is somehow "discredited," which is bullshit.

Their is always some truth to a crazy liberal like Elizabeth Warren or Al Franklin and a crazy blow hard like Ann or Rush..... You have to think and try to defuse /debate the message.

To kill the messenger just means your a partisan hack.

That's why I never attack the messenger, just the message in a debate, because it's childish

And if you read my posts on here, when I find out it is a liberal woman poster , I back off and stop flaming her because I want to here what she has to say.

Forum List

Back