🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Ann Frank and Jeff Dahmner- the absurdity of Christian Salvation

God isn't a genie who grants our every wish or answers our prayers in a yes or no fashion. I find I receive more input when I simply lay out the situation to God and then keep my mind, eyes, and ears open for ways and solutions that might not normally occur to me. God is not our puppet, nor are we His puppet. He will work with us.

The Church was the one who told us to pray. And to give them big donations. Because God needs money. Lots of money.

God doesn't exist. And for that, I am truly grateful. Given what a thoroughly messed up character he is in the bible, I would truly hate to think he actually exists.

In the mentally defective world of born-again Christianity, a get-out-of-hell-free-card is a lame excuse an evangelical will use to justify or sugarcoat their crimes in order to keep up the illusion that they are still morally, intellectually and consciously superior to all the non-believing secularists. Oftentimes these lame excuses come in the form of Bible verses or paraphrased Bible quotes, but sometimes they will just completely make shit up. One of the most popular get-out-of-hell-free-cards is the saying: "We err because we're human, but we constantly strive to be perfect like Jesus in every way." A more crazy rationalization for bad behavior is the accusation, "How can any of us mortals truly expect to comprehend the wisdom of God, which is so mighty that even the greatest of us stumble over His ignorance?"

I ran screaming from that church as fast as I could as soon as i was old enough. somewhere between the nun telling me God had a reason to drown every baby in the world and another nun telling me that God had a good reason for my mom to die of cancer, I really wanted nothing to do with these psychos.

Yes, Joe, that is how I see it, too, i.e., "you want nothing to do with these psychos." IOW, you want nothing to do with the Christian faith, you want nothing to do with knowing the truth about Catholic teaching. Instead, you want to make up your own stories about it so it can soothe your guilty conscience or make you look like the wise one in the room.

So, fine then. Let's just agree. You do not care what the Catholic Church really teaches. Because if you did, you would either do some honest research of your own or listen to those trying to share it with you. The way you describe who gets to heaven and who does not is total rubbish. Your examples are baloney, but they sure must be appeasing someone out there.

(pssst... ann is in heaven)

Last edited:
Yes, Joe, that is how I see it, too, i.e., "you want nothing to do with these psychos." IOW, you want nothing to do with the Christian faith, you want nothing to do with knowing the truth about Catholic teaching. Instead, you want to make up your own stories about it so it can soothe your guilty conscience or make you look like the wise one in the room.

So, fine then. Let's just agree. You do not care what the Catholic Church really teaches. Because if you did, you would either do some honest research of your own or listen to those trying to share it with you. The way you describe who gets to heaven and who does not is total rubbish. Your examples are baloney, but they sure must be appeasing someone out there.

No, she isn't. She was a Jew. Read the Gospel of John to see how Christians felt about Jews.

I know exactly what the Catholic Church teaches, and I realized how messed up it was by the time I was 11.

I particularly like how they told you if you wore a scapula, you'd be protected from the fires of Hell.

No, she isn't. She was a Jew. Read the Gospel of John to see how Christians felt about Jews.

I know exactly what the Catholic Church teaches, and I realized how messed up it was by the time I was 11.

I particularly like how they told you if you wore a scapula, you'd be protected from the fires of Hell.

So what God do you serve and how? And do you expect to be welcomed in pure white robes when you die despite your conduct?

Chesterton said heresy is the over-emphasis of one truth and the ignoring of others.

The "Jews" reference in John has been explained in many meaningful ways, but not as black and white as you would have it. Even Jesus' rebuke of the Pharisees was not intended for all who were Pharisees.

And, yes, one can be saved from hell wearing the scapular provided they have a proper respect and obedience to God. That does not exclude purgatory, nor does it work like magic for a scoundrel.

If you want to know why I reject Christian notions of "Salvation" and "Heaven" and "Hell", it's because of the absurdity of it.

Example. Christians believe that you only get into heaven if you accept Jesus as your Lord and Master and accept him into your soul and belong to the "right" Church. (Which means you are probably screwed 50% to 99% of the time.)

So by that logic. Ann Frank. Because she was Jewish, she didn't accept Jesus. She also had to spend much of her life hiding in an attic from Christians in Hitler's Army who were intent on sending her to a concentration camp, which they eventually did. Eventually she died in a camp, and by Christian Logic, is burning in the pit of hell for not accepting Jesus.

Conversely, you have Jeff Dahmner. Killed 17 young men. Had gay sex with some of them. Ate some of them. got sent to prison and like a lot of guys who go to prison, found Jesus, got baptized and became a Christian. Eventually, a fellow inmate who called himself "Christ" (no, I'm not making this up) brained him to death in the prison weight room. By Christian Logic, since he renounced his sin, got baptized, was reborn in Christ, he got to go to heaven if he was really and truly sincere.

Now, I'm sorry, just being a mere mortal with a mortal sense of justice, this is all manner of messed up.
Why are you so bothered by Christians when you have Muslims that will kill you? Are you to chicken shit to say anything about them?

If you want to know why I reject Christian notions of "Salvation" and "Heaven" and "Hell", it's because of the absurdity of it.

Example. Christians believe that you only get into heaven if you accept Jesus as your Lord and Master and accept him into your soul and belong to the "right" Church. (Which means you are probably screwed 50% to 99% of the time.)

So by that logic. Ann Frank. Because she was Jewish, she didn't accept Jesus. She also had to spend much of her life hiding in an attic from Christians in Hitler's Army who were intent on sending her to a concentration camp, which they eventually did. Eventually she died in a camp, and by Christian Logic, is burning in the pit of hell for not accepting Jesus.

Conversely, you have Jeff Dahmner. Killed 17 young men. Had gay sex with some of them. Ate some of them. got sent to prison and like a lot of guys who go to prison, found Jesus, got baptized and became a Christian. Eventually, a fellow inmate who called himself "Christ" (no, I'm not making this up) brained him to death in the prison weight room. By Christian Logic, since he renounced his sin, got baptized, was reborn in Christ, he got to go to heaven if he was really and truly sincere.

Now, I'm sorry, just being a mere mortal with a mortal sense of justice, this is all manner of messed up.
Why are you so bothered by Christians when you have Muslims that will kill you? Are you to chicken shit to say anything about them?

christ inanity and Islamism are sub retarded

christ inanity and Islamism are sub retarded
Why is in the last hour of need an atheist can be heard praying?

Lucky for Anne Frank that the Morns "baptized" her long after her death. I guess that means she's kicking back with a cappuccino on Planet Kolob.

Lots od Christians think it would be doing GODS WORK to kill everyone at a women's health clinic

Attachments

• lion.jpg
    lion.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 91

Yes it is a very stupid religion. Christians think they can go around being assholes because they have a get out of hell free card.

And I've heard Christian apologists say that Jews have a loophole too. They'll get a last minute chance to convert. How convenient huh? I'm sure 1000 years ago the story was they go to hell but today since Jews and Christians are such buddies and we protect Israel because supposedly the lord told us to, they seem to have a unholy alliance to where Christians don't say Jews go to hell.

Which is absolutely utterly insane because it was the Jews who saw Jesus perform miracles. If the people of his time saw what he did and didn't convert, why should we believe? Even after all this time Jews aren't buying it. How come they get a pass on not buying it but us atheists don't? Doesn't make any sense.

Just chalk it up to God works in mysterious...

We also have to be cognizant of the lens we look through. For various reasons/experiences, the lens I look through is the one that recognizes God is love. Every story I read, filters through that lens. Noah's flood, the story of the Amalekites, the first Passover--at first glance seem a little harsh.

1. God is the universe/love/laws of physics.
    We already have names for these things. Redefining something as ‘god’ tells us nothing. To use the word ‘god’ implies a host of other attributes and if you don’t intend to apply those attributes, using the word is intentionally misleading.

Why there is no god

So what God do you serve and how? And do you expect to be welcomed in pure white robes when you die despite your conduct?

No, I expect to cease to exist when I die like everyone else does.

The "Jews" reference in John has been explained in many meaningful ways, but not as black and white as you would have it. Even Jesus' rebuke of the Pharisees was not intended for all who were Pharisees.

Actually, John was written when it became clear the Jews weren't buying into the whole Jesus cult, hence why they had to villify them.

And, yes, one can be saved from hell wearing the scapular provided they have a proper respect and obedience to God. That does not exclude purgatory, nor does it work like magic for a scoundrel.

Actually, I was 10 when I had one... and I really bought into that shit then.

No, I expect to cease to exist when I die like everyone else does.

Actually, John was written when it became clear the Jews weren't buying into the whole Jesus cult, hence why they had to villify them.

Actually, I was 10 when I had one... and I really bought into that shit then.

What will life be like for me after I die? I suspect after I die the next 999 billion years will be much like the 999 billion years before I was born. I don't remember much of those times.

Forum List

Back