Another Black Loser Gets Shot By Police - Jacob Blake Deserved What He Got

So, there were two officers following him around the car, with weapons drawn...Are you sure it was just the one who fired?

Well, it's being reported that only one cop fired but, even if the other two did, as well, all seven bullets apparently went into Blake's back...

And, ofcourse you think (want?) his day to be darker, that much is clear....

It's "clear"? How so?

I look at the video and draw a conclusion. I honestly don't give a flying fuck how this case turns out. I've got no chip in this game. But looking at the video, I think the cop is fucked...

The picture shows the knife.
Witnesses heard the cops telling him to drop the knife.
A good shoot.

If it was a "good shoot", why didn't they shoot him while he was facing them? You know, when he was clearly brandishing a knife?

Maybe because what he had in his hand wasn't a knife. Frankly, you can't tell what it is from that picture and they never claimed the knife was in his hand.

One problem..there is no knife in his hands

1598642023786.png

Honestly, that looks like a pair of sunglasses, judging by the curve. A knife would be more metalic and straight.

2020 has taken everything but racism and police brutality

we're tired. we're exhausted

we black people are tired of begging for our humanity. enough is enough!

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!

My father used to have an expression: "Champ, when you get knocked down, GET UP!"

i say to Jacob Blake: GET UP, CHAMP! GET UP!

My father used to have an expression: "Champ, when you get knocked down, GET UP!"

i say to Jacob Blake: GET UP, CHAMP! GET UP!

You're channeling Joe Biden, like when he told Missouri state senator Chuck Graham, who's confined to a wheelchair, to "stand up" at a campaign rally.

Idiots, the two of you...

So, there were two officers following him around the car, with weapons drawn...Are you sure it was just the one who fired?

Well, it's being reported that only one cop fired but, even if the other two did, as well, all seven bullets apparently went into Blake's back...

Yes, that is entirely possible, is it not? Which leads me to believe that BOTH cops thought that there enough threat to actually fire. Being former LEO yourself, you know that once you pull that trigger you'd better be in the right, because your life just got exponentially harder....

It's "clear"? How so?

I am guessing based on the fact that you have been arguing against the officer from the start of our conversation.

I look at the video and draw a conclusion. I honestly don't give a flying fuck how this case turns out. I've got no chip in this game. But looking at the video, I think the cop is fucked...

Ok, fair enough. However, I would only say that if you are basing your conclusions on nothing but an edited portion of video, then you are not taking all evidence into account, which NONE of us can do yet, because the investigation isn't over and public.

The picture shows the knife.
Witnesses heard the cops telling him to drop the knife.
A good shoot.

If it was a "good shoot", why didn't they shoot him while he was facing them? You know, when he was clearly brandishing a knife?

Maybe because what he had in his hand wasn't a knife. Frankly, you can't tell what it is from that picture and they never claimed the knife was in his hand.

If it was a "good shoot", why didn't they shoot him while he was facing them?

When he was outside the car, and one cop was in front, one cop behind him?
Or when there were bystanders downrange? LOL!
Maybe they thought the moron would stop, before reaching into the car?

Maybe because what he had in his hand wasn't a knife.

Looks like a knife to me. The cops were in a much better position to
identify it than the guy across the street.

Frankly, you can't tell what it is from that picture

Looks more like a curved blade than a curved pair of sunglasses.

and they never claimed the knife was in his hand.

They weren't yelling "Put down the knife" because he had a knife 10 feet away in the car.

Maybe they were just thug cops on a corrupt police force. Point is, he didn't have a knife in his hand. It was probably even more dangerous to shoot him while he was trying to get into a car with three kids inside. Only four of the seven shots fired into his back hit him.

Sorry, man, the cops fucked this up...

Maybe they were just thug cops on a corrupt police force. Point is, he didn't have a knife in his hand. It was probably even more dangerous to shoot him while he was trying to get into a car with three kids inside. Only four of the seven shots fired into his back hit him.

"corrupt cops"???? how are they "corrupt"---did they steal the man's wallet or search the car for the
"drug stash"? are you sure he did not have knife?
YOU KNOW?

Yes, that is entirely possible, is it not? Which leads me to believe that BOTH cops thought that there enough threat to actually fire. Being former LEO yourself, you know that once you pull that trigger you'd better be in the right, because your life just got exponentially harder....

The problem with the argument that the other two cops may have fired is the fact that weren't positioned to shoot into Blake's back.

One cop fired those seven shots...

I am guessing based on the fact that you have been arguing against the officer from the start of our conversation.

I've not been "arguing against the officer". I'm merely stating my opinion based on what I see in the video, what I know of the law and what I know about the use of deadly force. My opinion here is completely objective. I'm not "hoping" for any particular outcome. I don't care what the outcome is...

Ok, fair enough. However, I would only say that if you are basing your conclusions on nothing but an edited portion of video, then you are not taking all evidence into account, which NONE of us can do yet, because the investigation isn't over and public.

We know that Blake was shot in the back seven times. I don't know anyone in law enforcement who would even try to make an argument saying that shooting someone, who doesn't have a gun, is the way to resolve any issue. And, yes, the fact that there was no gun is meaningful. It's a lot more meaningful than the cops not knowing if he had one. I can promise you that...

You don't know that....I want you to cite proof that it wasn't a knife in the guy's hand....

You don't know that....I want you to cite proof that it wasn't a knife in the guy's hand....

The proof is common sense. If he was holding a knife, then the suggestion that he was reaching into his car for a knife would be asinine.

Based on the video stills, there's no way to conclude that Blake is or isn't holding a knife...

The problem with the argument that the other two cops may have fired is the fact that weren't positioned to shoot into Blake's back.

One cop fired those seven shots...

I'd like to see those investigatory, and ballistics you seem privy to...

I've not been "arguing against the officer". I'm merely stating my opinion based on what I see in the video, what I know of the law and what I know about the use of deadly force. My opinion here is completely objective. I'm not "hoping" for any particular outcome. I don't care what the outcome is...

Oh but you most certainly have....So, you DON'T have some secret insight into the investigaion, or the ballistics....What you have is an opinion based on an edited portion of a video at the scene...So, I am sorry, I don't take that your opinion is objective at all...I think you are hoping that the officer is charged, and convicted...

We know that Blake was shot in the back seven times. I don't know anyone in law enforcement who would even try to make an argument saying that shooting someone, who doesn't have a gun, is the way to resolve any issue. And, yes, the fact that there was no gun is meaningful. It's a lot more meaningful than the cops not knowing if he had one. I can promise you that...

You said you were a cop for 8 years....Why'd you leave the force?

The proof is common sense. If he was holding a knife, then the suggestion that he was reaching into his car for a knife would be asinine.

Based on the video stills, there's no way to conclude that Blake is or isn't holding a knife...

Based on the video stills? Is that the only evidence? OR, will an investigation give a fuller, more clear picture?

Based on the video stills? Is that the only evidence? OR, will an investigation give a fuller, more clear picture?

Sure it will.

But I'm addressing those who look at the stills and proclaim that Blake is holding a knife. There's no way to conclude that BASED ON THE VIDEO STILLS...

I'd like to see those investigatory, and ballistics you seem privy to...

I can see you're fan of common sense.

There was one cop standing behind Blake when the shots were fired. Unless you're going to claim some "magic bullet" theory it would stand that the only person who was in a position to shoot him in the back is the person standing behind him....

Oh but you most certainly have....So, you DON'T have some secret insight into the investigaion, or the ballistics....What you have is an opinion based on an edited portion of a video at the scene...So, I am sorry, I don't take that your opinion is objective at all...I think you are hoping that the officer is charged, and convicted..

The level of ignorance and stupidity you display here is almost unnerving.

Why would I "hope" he's charged? It benefits me not at all. If the investigation determines that he should be charged with murder, I'm fine with that. Likewise, if the investigation determines that he should not be charged with murder, I'm equally fine with that, as well.

Whether you believe that or not is almost as meaningless as you are. I'm not here to convince you of anything, and you've already shown us that you're too fucking stupid to actually understand what people say...

You said you were a cop for 8 years....Why'd you leave the force?

That's not at all pertinent to what I said but, just for kicks...

I was a military cop. And, I assure you, the level of training a federal law enforcement officer (and that's what military cops are) gets is far superior to what almost any municipality offers their police officers.

I left because I retired from the military...

Forum List

Back