Another Blow to Racial Profiling: "Stop & Frisk" Ended by Courts

New Yorkers will be so thankful when they are robbed, raped and murdered.

Or, they will just leave.

You support a police state where the authorities can just stop and frisk you without probable cause?

A stop and frisk predicated on reasonable suspicion does not constitute a ‘police state,’ such stops are both legal and Constitutional.

The rationale of the Terry Court was that such stops were to be used only to protect law enforcement and citizens from imminent violent acts by armed suspects, and in order for arrest and detention to take place, probable cause had to be present.

You support a police state where the authorities can just stop and frisk you without probable cause?

I dont think anyone supports that.
But a) that isnt what's going on here. b) it has reduced NY's crime significantly, especially in poor minority areas.

The ends never justify the means.

That's exactly what Stop and Frisk is.

No,a ctually it isnt. The cops need some kind of probably cause. It might be miniscule. But they have something.

Actually it is. Their criteria for probable cause needs to be thoroughly re examined. How can you be wrong 80% of the time and still keep doing the same thing? Try that while you are working for someone else and see how fast you get canned.

You're such a lame brain.
The criteria are well established. They are not wrong 80% of the time. That is nonsense.

I dont think anyone supports that.
But a) that isnt what's going on here. b) it has reduced NY's crime significantly, especially in poor minority areas.

The ends never justify the means.

[MENTION=29614]C_Clayton_Jones[/MENTION]

Tell that to the TSA. I'm tired of them groping my tits and tail.

No,a ctually it isnt. The cops need some kind of probably cause. It might be miniscule. But they have something.

Actually it is. Their criteria for probable cause needs to be thoroughly re examined. How can you be wrong 80% of the time and still keep doing the same thing? Try that while you are working for someone else and see how fast you get canned.

The criteria are well established. They are not wrong 80% of the time. That is nonsense.

Actually it was closer to 90%. I see why you think too many people go to college. They must have not let you attend math class due to overcrowding. :lol:

Only 10 percent of all stops result in arrest

Actually it was closer to 90%. I see why you think too many people go to college. They must have not let you attend math class due to overcrowding. :lol:

Did you actually get any kind of education? Do you really need me to spell this out for you?

Did you actually get any kind of education? Do you really need me to spell this out for you?

So now you're going to try and spell? No thanks. You might put your eye out dude.

If you are ok with this Stop and Frisk policy then you have absolutely no issue with the NSA monitoring your internet usage correct?

Unfortunately there are many who support stop and frisk policies predicated solely on racial profiling, absent any reasonable suspicion or probable cause, because they incorrectly believe African-Americans and Hispanics exhibit a ‘predisposition’ to committing crime.

So now you're going to try and spell? No thanks. You might put your eye out dude.

I knew you never went to college. You can't read a simple sentence and make a proper deduction.

If you are ok with this Stop and Frisk policy then you have absolutely no issue with the NSA monitoring your internet usage correct?

Unfortunately there are many who support stop and frisk policies predicated solely on racial profiling, absent any reasonable suspicion or probable cause, because they incorrectly believe African-Americans and Hispanics exhibit a ‘predisposition’ to committing crime.

First, there is always reasonable suspicion.
Second, which demographic group accounts for a percentage of crime out of all proportion to their population statistics?

Second, which demographic group accounts for a percentage of crime out of all proportion to their population statistics?

Being a minority is not "reasonable" suspicion.
Whites commit more crime than any other group in the US. Go check the FBI stats. Ask for some help with the subtraction.

I knew you never went to college. You can't read a simple sentence and make a proper deduction.

You cant add or subtract and you say you did go to college. I have a hard time believing that.

How did you figure out I couldn't add or subtract? When I repeated the figure you gave?
It didnt take long for you to out yourself as an ignorant poseur. It never does.

Whites commit more crime than any other group in the US. Go check the FBI stats. Ask for some help with the subtraction.

You didnt watch the video. You didnt read anything about it. You didnt read my post. You didnt respond appropriately to it.
What a shocker.

I support the arming of EVERYONE. That way the police don't have to stop and frisk. They will just assume that the person is armed. Right now, cities are divided between prey and predator. Arm all.

Arpaio and Bloomberg are actually quite different in their approaches. Arpaio simply discovers illegal aliens when they are stopped and have no legal driver's license or any ID. He also knows where most illegals hang out. It's a myth that he stops people just for being Hispanic. My nephew is a police officer in Phoenix and he says many cops there are Hispanic. It's well-known where illegals gather to find work and where the roads are that are known for human and drug trafficking. Few decent people have reason to be in certain places. Even then, they cannot stop people just for being on certain roads. They usually stop people for speeding, too many people in car (meaning not all can have seat belts), expired registration, broken tail lights, running red lights or other minor traffic violations. Once stopped, a large number do not have valid driver's licenses, cannot speak English and often have no ID whatsoever. Many times when cars are stopped, people get out and start running.

It is perfectly reasonable to report them to INS and check their status. Not that it does any good anymore since the Obama administration, and past ones, have arbitrarily opted to ignore our immigration laws.

Bloomberg was just going after those he knew would likely have illegal weapons or drugs. Even though he was right, he has to respect the bill of rights. Had cops had reason, however small, to stop people and due cause for a search, it would be different.

Everyone wants crime reduced and either people go too far in profiling or too many people bitch about reasonable police profiling. The cause begins with dysfunctional families who aren't raising children to respect their communities.

I don't have the answer, but if politicians would be willing to take a hard look at the core of the problem, then they could begin coming up with something to correct it. How nice it would be to help steer children in the right direction early on. We've tried educating parents and schools have taken over the role of parenting more and more. Maybe if we quit rewarding bad behavior and stupid decisions, young people wouldn't be so quick to make dumb choices. One thing that makes people learn fast is having to face consequences for everything they do.

Bloomberg, the nanny liberal, was merely frisking people simply because they were black. While that is a clear violation of rights, it did bring crime down. That is the sad part. Crime rates among blacks are higher. It's time to address the root of the problem. Covering up statistics or ignoring them isn't the answer, nor is illegally searching people.

I am sick of all the political correctness that prevents us from having meaningful discussions about the root of problems. We can't come up with solutions until we take a hard look at what is behind the youth crime rate.

How do you know someone is an illegal just by looking at them?

I support the arming of EVERYONE. That way the police don't have to stop and frisk. They will just assume that the person is armed. Right now, cities are divided between prey and predator. Arm all.

You can't be this stupid.

You didnt watch the video. You didnt read anything about it. You didnt read my post. You didnt respond appropriately to it.
What a shocker.

I did all those things and still did not come to the same conclusion you did. How can a policy be effective if its almost 90% wrong when implemented? When in the history of the world has that made sense?

Forum List

Back