Another Christian baker targeted for abuse

'gay fascists' being apparently anyone who disagrees with business's that don't serve them.
. Just those whose hatred and bigotry is so pronounced that they gleefully put decent people out of business just to force their belief.

I am not gleeful about anyone being put out of business.

But to me, a business going out of business because it discriminates against certain customers deserves to go out of business as much as a business with a reputation for poor service.

So to you a fascist is anyone who criticizes a business for who they discriminate against.
You compare your plight as the same as the blacks in the 50s as integration.

When have I done that?

You've done it again, genius. You've posted a comment that means nothing to me....as though it does. I'm sure your inner dialogue is telling you that you've served an ace....but....trust me.....you've swung and missed.
It is YOU who is serving up bigotry. Religion is exempt from accusations of bigotry regardless of what you atheists (or liberals) believe.

Why exactly do you believe religion is exempt from accusations of bigotry?

The Mormon church excluded African Americans from the core church for decades- and was accused of bigotry.
Churches that have excluded African Americans from their congregations have been accused of bigotry.
Churches such as Westboro Baptists Church have been accused of bigotry towards not only gays, but veterans, and pretty much all Christians.

Certainly any church can be as bigoted as it chooses to be- or as bigoted as it believes whatever divinity tells it to be- but nothing wrong with pointing out that bigotry.
Westboro is no more Baptist than the Catholc Church is Islamic. A man's religion is is a very personal matter as dear to him as anyone's secular beliefs they hold (like control of her own body, perhaps?). If one is bigotry then the other is murder. We're going to have to agree to disagree.

And like I said- why exactly do you believe religion is exempt from accusations of bigotry?

People of faith have used their faith as excuses for everything from attacking Jews, Christians and Muslims to slavery of blacks.

Just because someone truly believes that his faith tells him that Jews are evil because they killed Christ doesn't mean that we should just hand wave off their anti-semitism.
Why would you believe abortion is exempt from accusations of murder? I'm done arguing with people who are narrow-minded and self-righteous. You're not going to shame people into going against God's Law. Matters not what you think. Bigotry stems from hatred. Christians don't hate gays.

Last edited:
You've done it again, genius. You've posted a comment that means nothing to me....as though it does. I'm sure your inner dialogue is telling you that you've served an ace....but....trust me.....you've swung and missed.
It is YOU who is serving up bigotry. Religion is exempt from accusations of bigotry regardless of what you atheists (or liberals) believe.

The Mormon church excluded African Americans from the core church for decades- and was accused of bigotry.
Churches that have excluded African Americans from their congregations have been accused of bigotry.
Churches such as Westboro Baptists Church have been accused of bigotry towards not only gays, but veterans, and pretty much all Christians.

Certainly any church can be as bigoted as it chooses to be- or as bigoted as it believes whatever divinity tells it to be- but nothing wrong with pointing out that bigotry.
Westboro is no more Baptist than the Catholc Church is Islamic. A man's religion is is a very personal matter as dear to him as anyone's secular beliefs they hold (like control of her own body, perhaps?). If one is bigotry then the other is murder. We're going to have to agree to disagree.

And like I said- why exactly do you believe religion is exempt from accusations of bigotry?

People of faith have used their faith as excuses for everything from attacking Jews, Christians and Muslims to slavery of blacks.

Just because someone truly believes that his faith tells him that Jews are evil because they killed Christ doesn't mean that we should just hand wave off their anti-semitism.
Why would you believe abortion is exempt from accusations of murder? I'm done arguing with people who are narrow-minded and self-righteous. You're not going to shame people into going against God's Law. Matters not what you think. Bigotry stems from hatred. Christians don't hate gays.

People weren't shamed into going against "god's law" when it came to desegregation and anti miscegenation either...it took the man's law to make them serve blacks....

I don't care whether you are done arguing with people-I enjoy arguing with narrow minded self righteous people like you. I wouldn't expect anyone who has actual faith to be shamed into anything- certainly I don't expect it to change their bigotry.

But- if a business decides to discriminate against certain customers- then the pubic can certainly provide feedback on social media.

Who cares about your god's so-called law.

^ that

There are 1000's of "gods". Why is his so spechul?

"As of yet, the couple has not filed a formal charge against the Christian couple...."

As always, that's the key. The couple can choose to just let the bakers be who they are and find another baker, or they can choose to have them punished.

You are still wrong. The way to win hearts and minds is not to allow businesses which are open to the public to exercise bigotry.

You will always be wrong on that point. You can choose to learn or not.

When you stand up for what's right, you can't be wrong. When you stand up against bigoted faggots who think everyone should do to suit them, you are always on the right side of things.

Who care about what a bunch of whining faggots want? You do but you don't matter for shit.

[
"As of yet, the couple has not filed a formal charge against the Christian couple...."

As always, that's the key. The couple can choose to just let the bakers be who they are and find another baker, or they can choose to have them punished.

You are still wrong. The way to win hearts and minds is not to allow businesses which are open to the public to exercise bigotry.

When you stand up for what's right, you can't be wrong. When you stand up against bigoted faggots who think everyone should do to suit them, you are always on the right side of things.

When you stand up for what's right, you can't be wrong. When you stand up against bigoted Christian assholes who think everyone should do what suits them, you are always on the right side of things.

[

When you stand up for what's right, you can't be wrong. When you stand up against bigoted Christian assholes who think everyone should do what suits them, you are always on the right side of things.
You think everyone should do just what suits you.

it has to do with harm done in each situation. Not being able to get food for nourishment is actual harm, having to go get another photographer, another specialty baker, or rent another hall for your wedding is not. (on the other hand being denied a hotel room would be harm when one was travelling).

Still doesn't seem fair. I just happen to inherit my family's grocery store and now I can't be a bigot because I sell milk but the guy that uses my milk to make cakes does get to be a bigot? Seems a lot more fair if either everybody gets to discriminate or nobody does.

Simple solutions for simple people i guess.

More like Occam's razor.

When people are forced to do something they don't want to do, some harm has to be established before the government can compel them to act against their desires. Hurt feelings are not harm.

And obviously some has since the government in many localities put these laws into place.

You want to create a Rube Goldberg machine of who can discriminate and who can't. If you can't buy your wedding cake anywhere else, you go without? Gays and Muslims can't have flowers if they live in rural areas? Easier and more efficient to either say everyone gets to discriminate or nobody does.

Still waiting for you folks to go after the biggie, Title II of the CRA instead of just the gay protections. Show us this really is about PA laws and not about being anti gay bigots.

Governments would not be able to discriminate, nor could they force a business to discriminate.

You want to create a situation where people are forced to do things they don't want to regardless of any harm done. What you want is a big fight between who's butthurt is more equal than others. You keep claiming that the rules would be the same for everyone, but the progressive love of victim classes, and the subsequent pecking order of victim classes results in that claim being bullshit.

Last edited:
My views on PA's align with yours, and while we cannot stop the flood of social media, we can at least say "poor form" to those who abuse the system, and those who run these websites have a responsibility to remove content that is against the function of the system, and in the case of yelp, are in no way related to yelp's actual function, which is to provide a review of goods and services provided.

Or in this case, provide a review of services not provided.

:beer:

>>>>

I would go more with services provided poorly.

Where are the 'proles with their torches and pitchforks exactly?

It a metaphor for all the nasty reviews on their yelp page, and for the social media flood in general.
Welcome to the 21st century.

How dare anyone use social media to attack a business.....

Starbucks unveiled its plain red cups Nov. 1, but they became a culture-war topic last week by cropping up on former pastor Joshua Feuerstein's Facebook page. He posted a video denouncing Starbucks for removing "Christmas from their cups because they hate Jesus." Other Christians took to social media to slam the decision.

While I considered the whole thing to be silly and a waste of time, there are differences between the cases. How many of the people complaining, as a percentage, were actual customers of Starbucks compared to the percentage of people slamming this baker on Yelp who were actual customers of said baker?

Oh so your outrage about morality depends upon fine nuances of who you want to be offended by and who you don't?

The opponents of anything and everything 'gay' employ social media in the exact same way as those 'proples with their torches and pitchforks' you are so offended by.

I have no moral outrage to give or be given, I am merely pointing out the difference between the case you referred to an the case that is the topic of this thread.

And Tu Quo Que is never a defense.

If you have a business open to the public you serve anyone that walks through the door and sits down. The line is drawn at what doesn't walk through the door and sits down. They want something more than the cake off the shelf and a dozen cookies.

[

You think everyone should do just what suits you.

Exactly!

The world would be a much better place once everyone realized that I am right.....LOL...

I read some comments on this story, a woman who lives there and knows something about this...

"One member of the couple is a newspaper editor who went to the most Christian bakery in town to make this story happen. They had many offers from other bakeries to make their cake so this is a calculated and made for viral attention story that was fabricated to make it so."

That's what the gay Nazis do. They are no different than the KKK was back in the day.

I'm sure there is a vicious and underhanded way of persuading these perverts to leave certain businesses alone.

I read some comments on this story, a woman who lives there and knows something about this...

"One member of the couple is a newspaper editor who went to the most Christian bakery in town to make this story happen. They had many offers from other bakeries to make their cake so this is a calculated and made for viral attention story that was fabricated to make it so."

That's what the gay Nazis do. They are no different than the KKK was back in the day.

Yes- because there are so many 'gay Nazi's' out there burning crosses on Christian's lawn's and lynching Christians from trees.

Soon we will expect to hear Christian's claiming as their own "Strange Fruit".........as they lament how they have been victimized by their refusal to serve homosexuals....

Forum List

Back