🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Another concealed carry owner doing the wrong thing

Okay...here is a look at a recent Obama CDC study on gun violence as analyzed at Extrano's Alley gun blog....you can buy the report....which I am not going to do....but here is an excerpt...

CDC Study Of Defensive Gun Use Gives The Lie To The Anti 8217 s Extrano s Alley a gun blog

Those interested can read the ten million dollar CDC study Obama commissioned to “prove” guns are only used to commit murder at this link.

Essentially; the study, which was farmed out by the CDC to the Institute of Medicine and National Research Council, found that guns are a frequently used and highly effective deterrent to crime, and that most gun incidents are not fatal. Both completely opposed to Obama and the Democrat’s propaganda line.

If you happen to have the price of a couple of boxes of .22’s you can also order the study and peruse it at leisure. However, Investors Business Daily has an overview of the study;

Briefly excerpting the IBD item linked above:

“Almost all national survey estimates indicate that defensive gun uses by victims are at least as common as offensive uses by criminals,” says the report, which was completed in June and ignored in the mainstream press.

The study also revealed that while there were “about 300,000 violent crimes involving firearms in 2008,” the estimated number of defensive uses of guns ranges “from about 500,000 to more than 3 million per year.*”

“Studies that directly assessed the effect of actual defensive uses of guns have found consistently lower injury rates among gun-using crime victims compared with victims who used other self-protective strategies.”

Lower injury rates by as much as a 24 to 1 injury ratio, might I add.

Okay...so we now have a more current study...true..it is from the double anti gun CDC under the Obama administration so we can anticipate the actual numbers are higher for lives saved and crimes stopped....but they can't massage the numbers any lower than 500,000....

again, another study that is way above the anti gunner number of 108,000....

Obama's study...500,000-3 million...from the CDC no less

let"s repeat that from the blog....

The study also revealed that while there were “about 300,000 violent crimes involving firearms in 2008,” the estimated number of defensive uses of guns ranges “from about 500,000 to more than 3 million per year.*”

Of 15 studies, this one is one of the lower numbers at 500,000 as the low number.....but....exceeds Kleck,s high number to 3 million...so now...tell me this study is lying...

Last edited:
Here is left wing slate.com looking at obama's CDC gun study results....they are of course the same as reported at Extrano's Alley...but for the anti gunners out there they might be less resistant to the info from a left wing source...

Handguns suicides mass shootings deaths and self-defense Findings from a research report on gun violence.

7. Guns are used for self-defense often and effectively. “Almost all national survey estimates indicate that defensive gun uses by victims are at least as common as offensive uses by criminals, with estimates of annual uses ranging from about 500,000 to more than 3 million per year … in the context of about 300,000 violent crimes involving firearms in 2008,” says the report. The three million figure is probably high, “based on an extrapolation from a small number of responses taken from more than 19 national surveys.” But a much lower estimate of 108,000 also seems fishy, “because respondents were not asked specifically about defensive gun use.” Furthermore, “Studies that directly assessed the effect of actual defensive uses of guns (i.e., incidents in which a gun was 'used' by the crime victim in the sense of attacking or threatening an offender) have found consistently lower injury rates among gun-using crime victims compared with victims who used other self-protective strategies.”

so, again...how is Kleck's research less credible than this research?

This is a current study...from a government source...anti gunners love government sources...and it backs up the other 14 studies....

speaking of concealed carry

WASHINGTON (AP) - District of Columbia leaders are preparing to rewrite the city’s gun laws to address a judge’s ruling that struck down a ban on carrying handguns outside the home in the nation’s capital.

Mayor Vincent Gray and D.C. Council members plan to announce emergency legislation to address the ruling on Wednesday. The council would vote on the bill next week.

Handgun possession was banned in the District for 32 years before a landmark Supreme Court ruling in 2008. After that, the city wrote laws requiring residents to register their guns and keep them at home. U.S. District Judge Frederick J. Scullin ruled in July that it was unconstitutional to ban licensed gun owners from carrying their firearms. He delayed the ruling for three months so the District could write new legislation.

DC leaders preparing to rewrite gun laws - Washington Times
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

the DC politicians should have been tried for treason

That is pretty weak. There is no way that would account for the extremely low count of news coverage. In the world of the internet if these things were really happening they would be reported and we would know.

How about you tell me how there are 2.5 million defenses and those get reported less than the 19,000 accidental shootings?

Journalists are for the most part anti gun...editors for the most part are anti gun so what gets covered in the news and what doesn't get covered is passed through those filters...most crime is also at the local level and when it comes to what will go into the local paper, or on the state wide news broadcast they make judgement calls...and they naturally select the stories that appeal to them...the ones that show accidents and murders with guns...if it bleeds it leads...remember...and stories where the criminal isn't shot and runs away are not news worthy and between the tragedy of a kid killed in a drive by shooting vs. a criminal wounded by a gun wielding victim...which do you think gets in the news coverage?

That is pretty weak. There is no way that would account for the extremely low count of news coverage. In the world of the internet if these things were really happening they would be reported and we would know.

How about you tell me how there are 2.5 million defenses and those get reported less than the 19,000 accidental shootings?

Journalists are for the most part anti gun...editors for the most part are anti gun so what gets covered in the news and what doesn't get covered is passed through those filters...most crime is also at the local level and when it comes to what will go into the local paper, or on the state wide news broadcast they make judgement calls...and they naturally select the stories that appeal to them...the ones that show accidents and murders with guns...if it bleeds it leads...remember...and stories where the criminal isn't shot and runs away are not news worthy and between the tragedy of a kid killed in a drive by shooting vs. a criminal wounded by a gun wielding victim...which do you think gets in the news coverage?

the motivations of gun haters

1) people who do stuff that accentuate the chances of them being shot by honest people

2) pillow headed utopians who think banning guns will make the world perfect

3) pimps in office who pander to #s 1 and 2

4) Democrats who want to get rid of pro gun groups that give the GOP so much money

5) and finally, low grade morons who think gun control actually controls criminals

which explains you brain>?

Brain357.... Obama's CDC...500,000-3 million lives saved and crimes stopped...an anti gun President...and the anti gun CDC...

Not my numbers....

I don't hate guns. I hate concealed carry people who go criminal. I hate concealed carry people who accidently shoot someone. I hate some of the pro gun arguments that are simply absurd.

I think we need guns to be registered. I think we should have limits on magazine capacity. I think every gun sale should require a background check. And I really think we need more laws that will lead to safe handling of guns. Everybody should have a safe to store their gun. Everyone seems to need more training on how to carry a gun. There have been a lot of instances of accidental shootings by concealed carry people. Seems to me all these people are so paranoid they must have a bullet in the chamber and cocked or something. Because the guns I have handled have been pretty good for safeties.

But no I don't hate guns.

the motivations of gun haters

1) people who do stuff that accentuate the chances of them being shot by honest people

2) pillow headed utopians who think banning guns will make the world perfect

3) pimps in office who pander to #s 1 and 2

4) Democrats who want to get rid of pro gun groups that give the GOP so much money

5) and finally, low grade morons who think gun control actually controls criminals

which explains you brain>?

Not much science in 500,000 to 3 million now is there? A range of 2.5 million? That is a joke. You haven't told me yet which number is right.

Brain357.... Obama's CDC...500,000-3 million lives saved and crimes stopped...an anti gun President...and the anti gun CDC...

Not my numbers....

I think we need guns to be registered. I think we should have limits on magazine capacity. I think every gun sale should require a background check. And I really think we need more laws that will lead to safe handling of guns.

Please. Please, tell me how any of the above actually stops crime or mass shooters...over and over again,it has been pointed out that criminals use,guns without background checks, registering their weapons and not carrying about magazine capacity....ditto a for public mass shooters....

Other than sounding good in the minds of anti gunners....what do your ideas actually do?

which number is right...1.4 million...that is the average of the 14 original studies, including yours and since obama's study is also in that range, there is no reason to doubt it...

Not much science in 500,000 to 3 million now is there? A range of 2.5 million? That is a joke

Tale your complaints to Obama and his minions at the CDC...since they are the ones who are now backing up Kleck's 2.5 million number....and this study is within the last 6 years no less...and this anti gun study doesn't back up your numbers...

Last edited:
Seems to me all these people are so paranoid they must have a bullet in the chamber and cocked or something

Not paranoid, simply the way the gun is designed to be carried...and sorry...out of 310 million guns in private hands 456 accidental deaths since January 1, 2014... Is not a reason to lose all common sense...

Well we can't really track where criminals are getting guns unless they are registered. So if we are going to try to keep guns from criminals they need to be registered.

Limiting magazine capacity will save lives. Several mass shooters have been stopped when they reload. I would prefer they fire fewer times before needing to reload.

Criminals buy guns all the time through private sales, skipping background checks. Even mass shooters.
Wisconsin Mass Shooter Exploited Background Check Loophole That NRA Says Isn t A Problem Blog Media Matters for America

Requiring a safe for storage would save countless children's lives.

I think we need guns to be registered. I think we should have limits on magazine capacity. I think every gun sale should require a background check. And I really think we need more laws that will lead to safe handling of guns.

Please. Please, tell me how any of the above actually stops crime or mass shooters...over and over again,it has been pointed out that criminals use,guns without background checks, registering their weapons and not carrying about magazine capacity....ditto a for public mass shooters....

Other than sounding good in the minds of anti gunners....what do your ideas actually do?

Not much science in 500,000 to 3 million now is there? A range of 2.5 million? That is a joke. You haven't told me yet which number is right.

Not my numbers....

Honestly doesn't matter. The fact is even at the lower number guns did more good than harm. A simple cost/benefit analyses shows firearms in the hands of citizens to be far more effective in halting crime than police are.

I don't hate guns. I hate concealed carry people who go criminal. I hate concealed carry people who accidently shoot someone. I hate some of the pro gun arguments that are simply absurd.

I think we need guns to be registered. I think we should have limits on magazine capacity. I think every gun sale should require a background check. And I really think we need more laws that will lead to safe handling of guns. Everybody should have a safe to store their gun. Everyone seems to need more training on how to carry a gun. There have been a lot of instances of accidental shootings by concealed carry people. Seems to me all these people are so paranoid they must have a bullet in the chamber and cocked or something. Because the guns I have handled have been pretty good for safeties.

But no I don't hate guns.

In other words you hate the politics of gun owners. People who get CCW licenses rarely engage in criminal behavior. Criminals don't tend to get licensed. Registration should be opposed by all citizens. Its only purpose is to confiscate guns which you clearly support. accidental shootings have been going DOWN even though the NUMBER OF PEOPLE carrying concealed have been GOING WAY UP.

I spent years trying TItle VII cases-and guess what. when someone gives a bogus reason for their actions, it is almost always the case that their real reason was either illegal or sinister

since your reason is bogus (accidental shootings are DECREASING while more and more people are carrying) we have to conclude that your real motivation is pernicious, dishonest and idiotic

and magazine limits are something only morons suggest since they only apply to people who can legally own guns.

this again proves your real motivation is to harass lawful gun owners

So guns are designed to go off when some idiot drops it? Sounds like the gun companies should be looking at a lot of lawsuits.

Seems to me all these people are so paranoid they must have a bullet in the chamber and cocked or something

Not paranoid, simply the way the gun is designed to be carried...and sorry...out of 310 million guns in private hands 456 accidental deaths since January 1, 2014... Is not a reason to lose all common sense...

Well we can't really track where criminals are getting guns unless they are registered. So if we are going to try to keep guns from criminals they need to be registered.

Limiting magazine capacity will save lives. Several mass shooters have been stopped when they reload. I would prefer they fire fewer times before needing to reload.

Criminals buy guns all the time through private sales, skipping background checks. Even mass shooters.
Wisconsin Mass Shooter Exploited Background Check Loophole That NRA Says Isn t A Problem Blog Media Matters for America

Requiring a safe for storage would save countless children's lives.

stop lying. Most children "killed by guns" are those engaged in criminal activity. anti gun assholes call youths up to age 25 as "children"

why should honest citizens have less rounds available to them than criminals? only a MORON believes that someone who already has an ILLEGAL GUN is going to obey a magazine limit

You are rather stupid "brain"

you clearly are just spewing the talking points of gun haters who tailor their message to dullards

So guns are designed to go off when some idiot drops it? Sounds like the gun companies should be looking at a lot of lawsuits.

Are you sure you actually own guns....modern pistols have drop blocks that keep them from firing when dropped...you know that...right?

Forum List

Back