🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Another concealed carry owner doing the wrong thing

So guns are designed to go off when some idiot drops it? Sounds like the gun companies should be looking at a lot of lawsuits.

Seems to me all these people are so paranoid they must have a bullet in the chamber and cocked or something

Not paranoid, simply the way the gun is designed to be carried...and sorry...out of 310 million guns in private hands 456 accidental deaths since January 1, 2014... Is not a reason to lose all common sense...

modern guns won't do that

do you know the difference between a firearm and a dildo?

So you ask me a question and I answer. Then you make up your own answer. Now that is just pathetic.

I don't hate guns. I hate concealed carry people who go criminal. I hate concealed carry people who accidently shoot someone. I hate some of the pro gun arguments that are simply absurd.

I think we need guns to be registered. I think we should have limits on magazine capacity. I think every gun sale should require a background check. And I really think we need more laws that will lead to safe handling of guns. Everybody should have a safe to store their gun. Everyone seems to need more training on how to carry a gun. There have been a lot of instances of accidental shootings by concealed carry people. Seems to me all these people are so paranoid they must have a bullet in the chamber and cocked or something. Because the guns I have handled have been pretty good for safeties.

But no I don't hate guns.

In other words you hate the politics of gun owners. People who get CCW licenses rarely engage in criminal behavior. Criminals don't tend to get licensed. Registration should be opposed by all citizens. Its only purpose is to confiscate guns which you clearly support. accidental shootings have been going DOWN even though the NUMBER OF PEOPLE carrying concealed have been GOING WAY UP.

I spent years trying TItle VII cases-and guess what. when someone gives a bogus reason for their actions, it is almost always the case that their real reason was either illegal or sinister

since your reason is bogus (accidental shootings are DECREASING while more and more people are carrying) we have to conclude that your real motivation is pernicious, dishonest and idiotic

and magazine limits are something only morons suggest since they only apply to people who can legally own guns.

this again proves your real motivation is to harass lawful gun owners

You are the one who said they were designed to do that. I was quite surprised by your answer, but given your love for guns had to assume you were right.

So guns are designed to go off when some idiot drops it? Sounds like the gun companies should be looking at a lot of lawsuits.

Are you sure you actually own guns....modern pistols have drop blocks that keep them from firing when dropped...you know that...right?

Americans Who Carry Concealed Weapons Keep Accidentally Shooting Themselves in Public Bathrooms - CityLab

Seems to me all these people are so paranoid they must have a bullet in the chamber and cocked or something

Not paranoid, simply the way the gun is designed to be carried...and sorry...out of 310 million guns in private hands 456 accidental deaths since January 1, 2014... Is not a reason to lose all common sense...

modern guns won't do that

do you know the difference between a firearm and a dildo?

You are the one who said they were designed to do that. I was quite surprised by your answer, but given your love for guns had to assume you were right.

No, I said they were designed to be carried with a round in the chamber...most guns either have trigger safeties....glocks for instance as well as Smith's and Springfields or they have decockers like Sigs....

I am getting a little suspicious that you don't actually own a gun....

Do we need to drag out all the data that shows that concealed carry people have a lower crime rate than sworn police officers....probably find they have fewer accidents as well but I'd need to look for that one....it's too late to start that tonight...

Actually the story is wrong....what likely happens is they were putting the gun back in the holster and their finger pulled the trigger as they pushed the weapon into the holster...it did not just go off. the reporter is a typical journalist with no knowledge,of modern firearms....

I am the one who said I thought they had plenty of safeties. I think people must be doing something really stupid.

No, I said they were designed to be carried with a round in the chamber...most guns either have trigger safeties....glocks for instance as well as Smith's and Springfields or they have decockers like Sigs....

I am getting a little suspicious that you don't actually own a gun....

That might be. But the accidental firings are certainly happening. Often times they shoot themselves and somebody else. This wouldn't happen if they weren't designed to have a bullet in the chamber.

Actually the story is wrong....what likely happens is they were putting the gun back in the holster and their finger pulled the trigger as they pushed the weapon into the holster...it did not just go off. the reporter is a typical journalist with no knowledge,of modern firearms....

We had a case at our local gun range...a police dept. came in to use the range to practice shooting drills....a police woman on the range was having trouble with bolstering her pistol and drawing it....and then she puts it away and shoots herself in the leg twice times...in, out and in....a veteran police officer...

the really funny part...the veteran officer next to her looks over...sees the wound....and faints....

All captured on internal video cameras....

That might be. But the accidental firings are certainly happening. Often times they shoot themselves and somebody else. This wouldn't happen if they weren't designed to have a bullet in the chamber.

they are designed to have rounds in the chamber because if you need to use the gun, you really need to use it and the extra time it takes to chamber a round on the draw....can lead to a malfunction at the worst possible time....

Shouldn't the safety be on making this impossible? I just don't get why people wouldn't be so much more careful. If you use all the safeties on a gun these things shouldn't happen right?

We had a case at our local gun range...a police dept. came in to use the range to practice shooting drills....a police woman on the range was having trouble with bolstering her pistol and drawing it....and then she puts it away and shoots herself in the leg twice times...in, out and in....a veteran police officer...

the really funny part...the veteran officer next to her looks over...sees the wound....and faints....

All captured on internal video cameras....

Yes I know and you also have an extra round. But if you shoot yourself it hardly seems like a good idea.

they are designed to have rounds in the chamber because if you need to use the gun, you really need to use it and the extra time it takes to chamber a round on the draw....can lead to a malfunction at the worst possible time....

it is all about keeping your finger off of the trigger...the college professor who shot himself....carried his pistol without a holster, put his hand in his pocket and accidentally pulled he trigger...

A holster that covers,the entire trigger is the important ingredient.

you know...if the anti gunners weren't in control of the media...we could be putting out PSAs about gun safety, and trigger safety....that might help,reinforce trigger discipline...but they won't allow something like that....

Having the safety on would also work...

it is all about keeping your finger off of the trigger...the college professor who shot himself....carried his pistol without a holster, put his hand in his pocket and accidentally pulled he trigger...

A holster that covers,the entire trigger is the important ingredient.

you know...if the anti gunners weren't in control of the media...we could be putting out PSAs about gun safety, and trigger safety....that might help,reinforce trigger discipline...but they won't allow something like that....

there was another story of a police chief...took out his glock to compare it to the one in the guns tore...he didn't realize his jacket got caught in the trigger guard when he reholstered his pistol....when his jacket kept binding up on him he pulled on it real hard...pulling the trigger and shooting himself in the leg....he drove himself to the hospital...

Hmmmm...still thinking you aren't familiar with too many modern pistols...the only one I can think of off hand that has a manual "safety" would be the m&p shield...and they just released the same model but without the small external safety....

safeties,these days are in the trigger...or in a back strap like the Springfield lines....

they are passive so in the stress of an actual fight you won't screw up....

Well I am certainly no expert on concealed carry guns though I have fired a few. I would say all guns should have a safety. I guess if many of them don't then well that is the problem.
http://www.homedefenseweapons.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/Ruger-LC9-Controls1.jpg

Hmmmm...still thinking you aren't familiar with too many modern pistols...the only one I can think of off hand that has a manual "safety" would be the m&p shield...and they just released the same model but without the small external safety....

safeties,these days are in the trigger...or in a back strap like the Springfield lines....

Doesn't the Bersa Thunder also have a manual safety?

Forum List

Back