🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Another concealed carry owner doing the wrong thing

And him reloading saved lives. Do you have some link that would lead me to believe otherwise?

Greenwald National Law Enforcement Leaders Have Supported High-Capacity Magazine Ban to Reduce Gun Violence Assemblyman Lou Greenwald
The fewer the bullets, the more often the shooter has to stop firing, eject the empty cartridge and load another one.

During the Tucson, Ariz., attack on Rep. Gabby Giffords, gunman Jared Loughner was wrestled down when he stopped shooting to reload his 9-millimeter pistol.

"We've also seen this in Baltimore County, in a school shooting that we had, where the reload became very instrumental in allowing the teacher to actually tackle a student that was trying to reload a double-barreled shotgun," he said . . .

"High-capacity ammunition magazines were designed as weapons of war," Bratton says.
"They were designed to kill as many people as possible in the shortest period of time . . . They simply do not belong in untrained civilian hands."

"There is no reason that a peaceful society based on rule of law needs its citizenry armed with 30-round magazines," Police Chief Charlie Beck said at a news conference, adding that they transform a gun "into a weapon of mass death rather than a home-protection-type device."

"It turns a killer into a killing machine," says David Chipman, who served for 25 years as a special agent in the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives. Outlawing high-capacity magazines won't prevent gun crimes from happening, Chipman notes, but might well reduce the carnage: "Maybe 3 kids get killed instead of 20."

MILLER The high-capacity magazine myth - Washington Times

Studies prove that the arbitrary magazine capacity restriction that was in place for a decade did not reduce crime,” Lawrence Keane, the National Shooting Sports Foundation’s senior vice president and general counsel, told The Washington Times. “In searching for effective means to reduce violence, we should not repeat failed policies, especially when they infringe on the constitutional rights of the law-abiding.”

Violent crime has decreased 17 percent since the assault weapons ban expired.

In the latest incarnation of Mrs. Feinstein’s ban, we would see the return of an ammunition limit that had no proven impact on crime while it was in effect from 1994-2004. The proposal outlaws all ammunition feeding devices — magazines, strips and drums — capable of accepting more than 10 rounds.

http://www.utdallas.edu/~tvk071000/Banning Large Capacity Magazines Will Not Reduce Crime.pdf

And there is strong empirical evidence showing that the use of guns for self-protection is both frequent and effective. Making LCM’s unavailable for self-defense can therefore cost lives, and this cost must be taken into account when considering the possible benefit of limiting on magazine capacity that could save lives in only the rarest of crimes.
Loughner had already reloaded his Pistol when he was tackled

Bratton is a hack with no credibility. Why are civilian cops using "weapons of war" Any cop who thinks other civilians should not have the same weapons those cops have should be stripped of his badge and gun.

you have three anti gun hacks who want other civilians to have less rounds than they have

people like that are not fit for public office. 95% of the street officers polled during the clinton administration opposed the "assault weapon ban"

Reno suppressed the report since it didn't show what she hoped it would. I saw it because the US Attorney in my district had a copy of it and I was able to read it

that is not true

why do you support laws that are least likely to impact criminals and most likely to disarm good people?

again, if crime is not bad enough to justify good citizens having the same defensive weapons as police, then crime is not bad enough for assholes and morons demanding more restrictive laws be passed that restrict honest citizens.

So again you are saying the NRA study is incorrect? NRA must be idiots? You seem to think that you need a hi cap magazine, but have provided nothing to back that up. Think maybe you are a bit paranoid.

its funny when dealing with anti gun idiots

they claim crime isn't bad enough to justify honest people owning the same guns as civilian cops but they claim crime is so bad honest people have to be disarmed or restricted in what sort of guns they can own

Show me where I have suggested disarming anyone who can legally own a gun.

And him reloading saved lives. Do you have some link that would lead me to believe otherwise?

Greenwald National Law Enforcement Leaders Have Supported High-Capacity Magazine Ban to Reduce Gun Violence Assemblyman Lou Greenwald
The fewer the bullets, the more often the shooter has to stop firing, eject the empty cartridge and load another one.

During the Tucson, Ariz., attack on Rep. Gabby Giffords, gunman Jared Loughner was wrestled down when he stopped shooting to reload his 9-millimeter pistol.

"We've also seen this in Baltimore County, in a school shooting that we had, where the reload became very instrumental in allowing the teacher to actually tackle a student that was trying to reload a double-barreled shotgun," he said . . .

"High-capacity ammunition magazines were designed as weapons of war," Bratton says.
"They were designed to kill as many people as possible in the shortest period of time . . . They simply do not belong in untrained civilian hands."

"There is no reason that a peaceful society based on rule of law needs its citizenry armed with 30-round magazines," Police Chief Charlie Beck said at a news conference, adding that they transform a gun "into a weapon of mass death rather than a home-protection-type device."

"It turns a killer into a killing machine," says David Chipman, who served for 25 years as a special agent in the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives. Outlawing high-capacity magazines won't prevent gun crimes from happening, Chipman notes, but might well reduce the carnage: "Maybe 3 kids get killed instead of 20."

Studies prove that the arbitrary magazine capacity restriction that was in place for a decade did not reduce crime,” Lawrence Keane, the National Shooting Sports Foundation’s senior vice president and general counsel, told The Washington Times. “In searching for effective means to reduce violence, we should not repeat failed policies, especially when they infringe on the constitutional rights of the law-abiding.”

In the latest incarnation of Mrs. Feinstein’s ban, we would see the return of an ammunition limit that had no proven impact on crime while it was in effect from 1994-2004. The proposal outlaws all ammunition feeding devices — magazines, strips and drums — capable of accepting more than 10 rounds.

http://www.utdallas.edu/~tvk071000/Banning Large Capacity Magazines Will Not Reduce Crime.pdf

And there is strong empirical evidence showing that the use of guns for self-protection is both frequent and effective. Making LCM’s unavailable for self-defense can therefore cost lives, and this cost must be taken into account when considering the possible benefit of limiting on magazine capacity that could save lives in only the rarest of crimes.

Bratton is a hack with no credibility. Why are civilian cops using "weapons of war" Any cop who thinks other civilians should not have the same weapons those cops have should be stripped of his badge and gun.

you have three anti gun hacks who want other civilians to have less rounds than they have

people like that are not fit for public office. 95% of the street officers polled during the clinton administration opposed the "assault weapon ban"

Reno suppressed the report since it didn't show what she hoped it would. I saw it because the US Attorney in my district had a copy of it and I was able to read it

that is not true

why do you support laws that are least likely to impact criminals and most likely to disarm good people?

again, if crime is not bad enough to justify good citizens having the same defensive weapons as police, then crime is not bad enough for assholes and morons demanding more restrictive laws be passed that restrict honest citizens.

that is not true

you don't have to-your mindset proves you would if you could. You are willing to ban millions of people from having the same magazines as civilian cops and criminals on the faith based belief if might stop a few crimes. that sort of mentality supports gun bans

So again you are saying the NRA study is incorrect? NRA must be idiots? You seem to think that you need a hi cap magazine, but have provided nothing to back that up. Think maybe you are a bit paranoid.

they claim crime isn't bad enough to justify honest people owning the same guns as civilian cops but they claim crime is so bad honest people have to be disarmed or restricted in what sort of guns they can own

the NRA opposes your stupid magazine restrictions

and every major law enforcement agency has determined that 15-17 round magazines are needed

do you know more than those agencies?

no of course you do not

Ok so I haven't said that.

that is not true

you don't have to-your mindset proves you would if you could. You are willing to ban millions of people from having the same magazines as civilian cops and criminals on the faith based belief if might stop a few crimes. that sort of mentality supports gun bans

civilians should be able to own the same weapons that civilian law enforcement agencies have determined are the most suitable weapons for civilians to use in civilian environments for self defense. Civilian police officers are civilians not military and the rules of engagement for CIVILIAN police officers is the same for us other civilians

Again we are talking civilians, not police. Civilians are not arresting criminals, they are defending. A huge difference. But you should know that.

and every major law enforcement agency has determined that 15-17 round magazines are needed

no of course you do not

Police are using those now because that's what everyone has. If there were a restriction they may also use smaller capacity magazines. But again they are arresting criminals, not just defending.

civilians should be able to own the same weapons that civilian law enforcement agencies have determined are the most suitable weapons for civilians to use in civilian environments for self defense. Civilian police officers are civilians not military and the rules of engagement for CIVILIAN police officers is the same for us other civilians

Later "Brain"

you need to start thinking a bit more. you seem to think millions of honest people need to be restricted from OWNING something because a CRIMINAL might MISUSE it

smart people punish MISUSE

stupid people want to pass law restricting ownership on everyone

Again we are talking civilians, not police. Civilians are not arresting criminals, they are defending. A huge difference. But you should know that.

no of course you do not

UNLESS a cop is in the MILITARY POLICE he is a CIVILIAN and HIS ABILITY TO SHOOT A CRIMINAL IS THE SAME AS YOURS

DEFENDING REQUIRES better weapons than arresting. you really are talking out your ass. DEFENDING MEANS the aggressor has chosen the time and place for the attack.

tomorrow-enlighten me on how many gun fights you have been part of

Yes I do. We have restricted machine guns. You can't go out and buy a brand new 2014 full auto gun now can you? You can't own a gun if you are felon. These things just make sense and so does a magazine capacity limit.

Later "Brain"

you need to start thinking a bit more. you seem to think millions of honest people need to be restricted from OWNING something because a CRIMINAL might MISUSE it

This is why people shouldn't be carrying guns. A situation of road rage turns into a killing.

Charges Filed In Road Rage Shooting Death - WLNS TV 6 Lansing - Jackson Your Local News Leader

Even the stupidest person on the planet is allowed to carry a gun today.

As a responsible gun owner, I wonder why our system was never challenged. It's either your perspective "No guns allowed" or "Guns no matter what for everyone".

I tend to think we should have educated testing for gun owners. If you feel this might be a breach of your freedom, then you probably think you aren't educated enough to pass this test.

The Constitution can change through the correct process. We don't need to allow idiots to own guns. I personally feel that they just make RESPONSIBLE gun owners look bad. Sadly, there is no need for RESPONSIBILITY in gun ownership today.

If a test as hard as a hunters safety test scares you, you don't need a gun. It's not a breach of freedom because it means someone else has the freedom to live because you are too ignorant to have a weapon. AKA OP.

Yes I do. We have restricted machine guns. You can't go out and buy a brand new 2014 full auto gun now can you? You can't own a gun if you are felon. These things just make sense and so does a magazine capacity limit.

Later "Brain"

You can't go out and buy a brand new 2014 full auto gun now can you?

well actually you can

Q: How can an individual legally acquire NFA firearms?
Basically, there are 2 ways that an individual (who is not prohibited by Federal, State, or local law from receiving or possessing firearms) may legally acquire NFA firearms:

1. By transfer after approval by ATF of a registered weapon from its lawful owner residing in the same State as the transferee.
  2. By obtaining prior approval from ATF to make NFA firearms.
[27 CFR 479.62-66 and 479.84-86]

No you cannot:
in 1986, Congress enacted a much stricter law, banning the possession and transfer of all machine guns except machine guns manufactured prior to May 19, 1986

They should have gone farther and completely banned them, but this was better than nothing. They are seldom used in crime. Sadly they still make it into accidental shootings.

9-year-old accidentally kills range instructor with Uzi - CNN.com

Later "Brain"

well actually you can

Basically, there are 2 ways that an individual (who is not prohibited by Federal, State, or local law from receiving or possessing firearms) may legally acquire NFA firearms:

1. By transfer after approval by ATF of a registered weapon from its lawful owner residing in the same State as the transferee.

Last edited:
These things just make sense and so does a magazine capacity limit.
In what way? If your attacker has a 17 round magazine and you have 10 how did the law help you? It helped the criminal. You may have more than one attacker as well.

Are you a really bad shot? How many strays are people going to be hit with if you both empty your magazine? You really don't think you can defend yourself with 10 rounds? The NRA study shows the vast majority of people use 2 rounds. Maybe you need to go to the range and practice, you are a danger to everyone if your shot is so bad.

You will be helping the next victims of a mass shooter. They empty those hi cap magazines on innocent victims. I can post a bunch of examples. I've still never heard a real example of somebody needing a hi cap mag for defense. Most defenses the criminal isn't even armed.

These things just make sense and so does a magazine capacity limit.
In what way? If your attacker has a 17 round magazine and you have 10 how did the law help you? It helped the criminal. You may have more than one attacker as well.

Last edited:

Later "Brain"

well actually you can

only if that gun had been registered BEFORE May 19, 1986. So yeah, if you can find a "new" gun made BEFORE May 19, 1986 that had been registered by its owner, then you can buy it.

YOU CANNOT BUY ONE MADE AFTER THAT DATE UNLESS YOU are a CLASS THREE DEALER WITH A POLICE REQUEST LETTER

This is why people shouldn't be carrying guns. A situation of road rage turns into a killing.

Charges Filed In Road Rage Shooting Death - WLNS TV 6 Lansing - Jackson Your Local News Leader

Even the stupidest person on the planet is allowed to carry a gun today.

As a responsible gun owner, I wonder why our system was never challenged. It's either your perspective "No guns allowed" or "Guns no matter what for everyone".

I tend to think we should have educated testing for gun owners. If you feel this might be a breach of your freedom, then you probably think you aren't educated enough to pass this test.

The Constitution can change through the correct process. We don't need to allow idiots to own guns. I personally feel that they just make RESPONSIBLE gun owners look bad. Sadly, there is no need for RESPONSIBILITY in gun ownership today.

If a test as hard as a hunters safety test scares you, you don't need a gun. It's not a breach of freedom because it means someone else has the freedom to live because you are too ignorant to have a weapon. AKA OP.

People who think like that is why we have a 2A. I love this sort of fascism.

Forum List

Back