Another Dem Switches To GOP. This One Most Significant?...

These actions will pull the GOP closer to the center and move the dems further to the left.

These 7 Congressmen are helping to isolate the dnc even more than they have by thier words. Soon enough, there won't be enough reasonable voices in the dnc and they can be handed off to the dust bin of history.

Tis sad, the Blue Dogs are dying out......

The blue dogs were never Dems to begin with.. They were riding a populist wave in, and now they're riding another one on out.

There seems to be a quiet Party-Switching Tsunami building all across the country. So far all have been Democrats switching to Republicans. This one seems very interesting and possibly the most significant Party-Switch for the Republicans...

Newsvine - Fresh Off Party Switch, Bell Talks Race And Politics + most significant Democrat to Republican

Another Southern Democrat going Republican....just 50 years late, that's all....:lol::lol::lol:

Did you read the article? No, obviously not. If you had you wouldn't have posted such a stupid witless comment. Then again, you probably would.

Georgia's not the South?

With this guy I think two things are going on as a black in rural GA he is a redneck and I suspect 75-90% of his constituents are. Given the rising rate of interracial marriage in the south about 1% of relatively dark-skinned blacks under 25 are blueeyed and most predominantly white churches have one or more elders or female heads of different children's departments who are black. So I would strongly suspect that the main motive for him and his district is bringing home the bacon for his district, race and party probably do not matter.

There seems to be a quiet Party-Switching Tsunami building all across the country. So far all have been Democrats switching to Republicans. This one seems very interesting and possibly the most significant Party-Switch for the Republicans...

Newsvine - Fresh Off Party Switch, Bell Talks Race And Politics + most significant Democrat to Republican

I am never happy when I see this crap. Even when it benefits my side. If you can jump sides when ever you like, how does our system have any integrity left at all? How do they Democrat Voters who elected them feel about this? I know how I would feel.

Yup.... It's curious and shows little respect for the voters...

Another Southern Democrat going Republican....just 50 years late, that's all....:lol::lol::lol:
ah, so is he a dixiecrat?

Did you read the article? No, obviously not. If you had you wouldn't have posted such a stupid witless comment. Then again, you probably would.

Georgia's not the South?
clearly you DIDNT read the story

or the thread i started on this yesterday
http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...e-dems-are-starting-to-switch-to-the-gop.html

With this guy I think two things are going on as a black in rural GA he is a redneck and I suspect 75-90% of his constituents are. Given the rising rate of interracial marriage in the south about 1% of relatively dark-skinned blacks under 25 are blueeyed and most predominantly white churches have one or more elders or female heads of different children's departments who are black. So I would strongly suspect that the main motive for him and his district is bringing home the bacon for his district, race and party probably do not matter.

I would love to see the links that show you bald ass lies are even close.

I am never happy when I see this crap. Even when it benefits my side. If you can jump sides when ever you like, how does our system have any integrity left at all? How do they Democrat Voters who elected them feel about this? I know how I would feel.

Yup.... It's curious and shows little respect for the voters...

It's a bit of a twist of fate.

Voting districts are not hammered in stone, they change often. In 6 years I had 2 different reps and almost a 3rd. as people move, the states often change districts around, to keep majorities.

So what may have happend is that his district got changed, or people moved in, that want different things than the people that voted for him, so now he has to adjust to the new majority.

ah, so is he a dixiecrat?

Probably a closet racist too. You know how those SOuthern Democrats-turned-Republicans are. He's probably Strom Thurmond's second cousin.

I started out my political life as a happy Democrat and staunch admirer of some great Democratic statesmen. I was an admirer of the honesty and integrity of Harry Truman whether or not I agreed with all his initiatives and decisions. I loved JFK's vision, fiscal conservatism, and statesmanship in the face of real international confrontation. But beginning with Lyndon Johnson and finally coming to a head with Carter, the Democratic Party absolutely left me when it began currying favor to buy votes by increasing the rewards for incompetence and nonproductivity while punishing competence and productivity. I was quite young, but I knew what I believed to be right, and I jumped on Reagan's band wagon--he was also a Democrat turned Republican--and I don't think either of us ever looked back.

So yes, you can trust people who jump parties out of conviction and not simply to increase their fortunes. But each time a conservative Democrat crosses over, it dilutes the GOP's more extreme right wing--that is not a bad thing--but it also makes it harder for the GOP leadership to stick with true reforms and practical conservatism to get us back on track.

And the Democratic Party becomes increasingly a party of left wingnuts farther and farther removed from what most American people believe and want.

Last edited:

Nope....just checked.....nothing about the guy being black changes what I said. So, can someone tell me why his skin color is critical to this story?

Nope....just checked.....nothing about the guy being black changes what I said. So, can someone tell me why his skin color is critical to this story?
so you are in the camp with failyo and the basshole that he is just another dixiecrat?

So you think he's a racist?

Forum List

Back