Another example of people not being able to wipe their own asses

Hmmm, well at 53 why is this woman working at McDonalds? Why not say fuck McDonald (as every adult who ever had a first job has) and get more gainful employment. A guy I work with did that. He burnt out here and went to school for EMT at 55 years old. He got on with the county EMT and loves it.

Fast food minimal wage jobs should be for those kids trying to make a little extra money going to school or whatever. If you are depending upon those kinds of jobs to make a living then you are doing it wrong.

Everyone hits a rough patch. We all have had to take work for less then we are worth to get by. But stay in is the fault of the employee. No one else.

In my life I have worked minimal wage jobs. The lack of financial reward and having to do shit things was a great incentive to go to college and become an Engineer. I made more money, didn't get dirty most of the time and worked indoors in air conditioning.

Hmmm, well at 53 why is this woman working at McDonalds? Why not say fuck McDonald (as every adult who ever had a first job has) and get more gainful employment. A guy I work with did that. He burnt out here and went to school for EMT at 55 years old. He got on with the county EMT and loves it.

Fast food minimal wage jobs should be for those kids trying to make a little extra money going to school or whatever. If you are depending upon those kinds of jobs to make a living then you are doing it wrong.

Everyone hits a rough patch. We all have had to take work for less then we are worth to get by. But stay in is the fault of the employee. No one else.

In my life I have worked minimal wage jobs. The lack of financial reward and having to do shit things was a great incentive to go to college and become an Engineer. I made more money, didn't get dirty most of the time and worked indoors in air conditioning.

Yup, and you don't have a huge blank space t on your resume either. Shit, even volenteer stuff is better then nothing.

Working two jobs to support herself is hardly 'can't wipe her own ass'. Why is it always the damn RWNJ phony christians beating down the hard work of others?

You bitch about food stamps helping the elderly, children, veterans, many of whom work at jobs. And now you're bitching about her wanting to know her hours,meaning to depend on knowing when she will have pay. What if she were able to work her other job but loses money because of this?

You bitch about affordable education for people be able to improve their situation but now you're demanding she do that?

She's a loyal employee of four years, but she doesn't have the right to expect the from her employer?

She's doing everything you hypocrites demand and you're still beating her down.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

Workers have needs as well as business, so good on the state for regulating the notification of schedule.

Those who defend the restaurant industry don't have a lick of sense.

Those that defend government interference in business are the same idiots that elect dumbshits like Obama that increased poverty, decreased family income, grew the debt, increased income disparity and had dismal economic growth.

If you don't like the way your boss is scheduling your hours then go find another job. You don't not have an entitlement to having your work scheduled to your satisfaction.

Where did it say anything like that?

She didn't say she wanted her "work [be] scheduled to [her] satisfaction".

Please don't lie.

Thank you.

Some of you are being total snobs. Honest work is honest work and no one should be shamed or blamed for it.
It is one thing to object to the new legislation; it is another to criticize her for where she works/what she does.

I agree. And add - Where did this ridiculous attitude that fast food jobs are for teens only or are 'starter jobs'?

This woman is doing heart part. She's playing by the rules. She should not be judged for wanting to know her schedule.

Working two jobs to support herself is hardly 'can't wipe her own ass'. Why is it always the damn RWNJ phony christians beating down the hard work of others?

You bitch about food stamps helping the elderly, children, veterans, many of whom work at jobs. And now you're bitching about her wanting to know her hours,meaning to depend on knowing when she will have pay. What if she were able to work her other job but loses money because of this?

You bitch about affordable education for people be able to improve their situation but now you're demanding she do that?

She's a loyal employee of four years, but she doesn't have the right to expect the from her employer?

She's doing everything you hypocrites demand and you're still beating her down.

schedules change in the food industry. Thats just the way it is. I didnt bother to read the rest of your strawmen. All 897 of them.

If your manager cant produce a schedule without constantly having to change schedule, the business wont last long anyways. The person is obviously inept. Making schedules is easy.

You hit a great point about the person being inept.

As someone who has worked in the restaurant and hospitality industry for all my working life I can tell you that the manger probably is driving the woman to quit. I have seen it happen all the time.

They don't want to pay the woman any unemployment so if they get the person to quit no unemployment and they get rid of the person. Win win

Win/win??

She's been there for years. No, he's not trying to make her quit but even so, what you describe is illegal.

I agree. And add - Where did this ridiculous attitude that fast food jobs are for teens only or are 'starter jobs'?

If you look at the McDonald brothers (not Ray Kroc) they created the assembly line model every fast food restaurant uses today and get cheep labor.

She's been there for years. No, he's not trying to make her quit but even so, what you describe is illegal.

How do you know she just stopped caring? You have never worked somewhere where someone was a great employee and stopped caring?

Workers have needs as well as business, so good on the state for regulating the notification of schedule.

Those who defend the restaurant industry don't have a lick of sense.

Those that defend government interference in business are the same idiots that elect dumbshits like Obama that increased poverty, decreased family income, grew the debt, increased income disparity and had dismal economic growth.

If you don't like the way your boss is scheduling your hours then go find another job. You don't not have an entitlement to having your work scheduled to your satisfaction.

Where did it say anything like that?

She didn't say she wanted her "work [be] scheduled to [her] satisfaction".

Please don't lie.

Thank you.

She tried to justify government interference in workplace scheduling. Guilty!

If you look at the McDonald brothers (not Ray Kroc) they created the assembly line model every fast food restaurant uses today and get cheep labor.

Which has nothing to with anything I wrote.

And it's cheap. Not cheep.

TNHarley

Since you say you know that my post is "straw man", even though you didn't read it, why would I look up links for you?

But it's true that an employer cannot force an employee out in order to get out of paying unemployment

Which has nothing to with anything I wrote.

And it's cheap. Not cheep

It has everything to do with what you wrote:

You asked: "Where did this ridiculous attitude that fast food jobs are for teens only or are 'starter jobs'?"

I responded: The brothers who started McDonald's and the modern fast food industry.

Sorry for the misspelling "cheap"

I've worked some tough jobs in my life, some very tough jobs. Even as I was pursuing and after my degree (thanks to the RCMP and their pals who have a desire to ruin me because I ratted their covert asses out to the Americans and Europeans).

I've worked at a moving company, office manager, assembly line work that was constant moving and tossing 30-40 pound cases 8-10 hours a day, telemarketing. I have an understanding of hard work, an understanding of the difference between hard workers and lazy, entitled sob's.

I don't think it's unreasonable for someone to understand what their hours are going to be for a short period of time. The owner makes decisions accordingly, does he need fewer workers to work more hours? Does he not understand the staffing needs, or is this a brand new business?

These tactics are why unions became a necessity some time ago. You know the old story. Guys would go to the docks in the morning and the ass kissing foreman would pick out a few of his pals and the rest would be sent home to explain to their wife they aren't eating that night.

You can debate the minimum wage, you can debate reasons for firing people and the legislation, but, to me, a basic baseline of respect should be "here are your hours this week". Now, once they are there, maybe the boss asks people if anyone wants to leave early on slow days, but it should be the employees option at this point. Knowing the ages of these workers and the type of work, I'm certain that they would have more than one willing to leave on most nights.

As a final point, if this is the type of activity people are accepting and learning to expect, is anyone surprised when the youth of today have little regard for rules, the lives of others or their fellow man? They are treated like garbage and then expected to go out into the world and see it differently. The other side of the coin is of course, if McDonald franchises don't like the legislation in New York they can move somewhere else.

Last edited:

How do you know she just stopped caring? You have never worked somewhere where someone was a great employee and stopped caring?
Is this the case? Do you know?

No one but the people who know her and the people who work there.
So we don't know that this is the case.

Forum List

Back