Another Florida Pride Event Canceled As Other Organizers Dig Their Heels In

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Ahhhhh darn, I was so looking forward to it!

Organizers in St. Cloud, Florida, announced this week they would be canceling an LGBTQ+ Pride festival next month, joining at least two other events as casualties of Florida’s extreme new anti-LGBTQ+ laws while other event organizers double down.

The St. Cloud organizers wrote on social media that their decision to cancel the event in June — which is Pride Month — was “difficult” and “not made lightly.”

Does Sara Boboltz understand what "dig their heels in" means? It ain't what she says.

Does Sara Boboltz understand what "dig their heels in" means? It ain't what she says.
Shouldn't it be "dig their high heels in?"

I don't get it. Why cancel the event? They are giving those who oppose them an easy win.

It seems that the LGBT-Q only wants to "fight back" when it means physically attacking women who disagree with them.

I don't get it. Why cancel the event? They are giving those who oppose them an easy win.

It seems that the LGBT-Q only wants to "fight back" when it means physically attacking women who disagree with them.

Or grooming children

Which the organizers admitted they could not do because of the new law

Florida is looking to become more family friendly, so you have to appreciate that.

If homos don't think that they have sufficient rights for their taste in Florida, the state is just a short boat right across the strait to freedom in Cuba.

BTW, Cuba offers free Sex Change operations on demand.

The LGBTQ etc. community has it a lot better in Florida now than back in the 1960s and 70s.

There was no LGBTQ+ "community" in the early 19th Century. People back then generally kept it to themselves and respected others' privacy- letting people know about it on a "need to know" basis.
bullshit if they respected privacy.

Good point but the phrase dig your heels in implies resistance and determination. The link says they surrendered to pressure.

Or grooming children

Which the organizers admitted they could not do because of the new law
Right.

I'm surprised that they aren't challenging the law in court. Get arrested, get convicted and appeal.

My guess is that they know that they would lose and that inisting on the right to get kids involved in their sexual deviance would not play well, even in the liberal media.

Forum List

Back