ANOTHER Group Of Girls Kidnapped To Be Sold As Sex Slaves

Edgetho

Platinum Member
Mar 27, 2012
Why is this political?

I'll tell you. While American females are caterwauling about free birth control pills while attending, and paying tuition at, one of the most expensive Law Schools on the Planet and while they're carrying signs like these...

10809617693_647a2d475c.jpg

And give their children signs like these to carry .....

childsign.jpg

There is a REAL War on Women going on all over the Muslim World.

Honor killings, Forced FGM (aka; FGC [look it up]), parents selling their female children into marriage as young as 12, and Fatwas condoning rape in Syria by the invading forces.

And what do our leftist, liberal females have to say about it?

Not very much. At all.

What does obama say or do about it? Next to nothing. As close to nothing as you can get.

So forgive me for not crying a river for our American Females who, quite frankly, don't want equal treatment (they never did) but instead want special treatment.

As to those other female children and women being murdered, raped and sold into slavery or worse?

No time for them, huh girls? A dead-end narrative, huh girls? No political advantage to be gained, huh girls?

That's about it

Boko Haram Kidnaps Another Group of Schoolgirls For Sale as Slaves
Ace of Spades HQ

Wow.

The government is being accused of inaction, which it denies. 200 girls were kidnapped earlier; the group proudly declares it plans to sell them into sexual slavery. (That quote later, and it's a corker.)

They've now kidnapped another eight girls.

The US has offered investigatory aid, which Nigeria has accepted.

But even as the help was offered to Jonathan, new details were emerging about the abduction of at least eight girls between the ages of 12 and 15, who were snatched Sunday night from the village of Warabe.

The village is located in the rural northeast, near the border of Cameroon, an area considered a stronghold for Boko Haram, a group that U.S. officials say has received training from al Qaeda affiliates.

Villagers in Warabe told CNN that gunmen moved from door-to-door late Sunday, snatching the girls and beating anybody who tried to stop them.

The United States has branded Boko Haram a terror organization and has put a $7 million bounty on the group's elusive leader, Abubakar Shekau.

"Boko Haram" is translated as "Western education is sin." The actual etymology, I read, goes like this: The Western alphabet, taught to many Africans, is called "Boko," which is believed to be derived from "book." Thus, "Boko" (Western alphabet) "Haram" (sinful, forbidden).

I think that's a contested etymology though.

I prefer to translate it as "Learning is Sin," which more accurately sums up this cult Medieval sociopathic savagery.

A man claiming to be Shekau [the Boko Haram leader, upon whose head is laid a $7 million bounty -- ace] appeared in a video announcing he would sell his victims. The video was first obtained Monday by Agence-France Presse.

"I abducted your girls. I will sell them in the market, by Allah," he said, according to a CNN translation from the local Hausa language. "There is a market for selling humans. Allah says I should sell. He commands me to sell. I will sell women. I sell women."

In the nearly hourlong, rambling video, Shekau repeatedly called for an end to Western education.

"Girls, you should go and get married," he said.

Here's another one you won't hear about because it's a favored group.....

Michelle Malkin | » Hollywood?s sexual predator problem explodes

Hollywood’s sexual predator problem explodes

By Michelle Malkin • May 7, 2014 01:28 AM

Hollywood is sick, sick, sick. Behind its curtain of holier-than-thou progressivism, the entertainment world’s top A-list stars have engaged in the most depraved sexual abuse against vulnerable children and teens, according to a growing number of victims. After years of cover-up, the institutional scandal is exploding. Finally.

The latest alleged atrocities involve “X-Men” director Bryan Singer and at least three other power players in the business: veteran television executive Garth Ancier, former Disney executive David Neuman and producer Gary Goddard. Last month, former child actor and model Michael Egan filed civil suits against the men, alleging that they passed around underage boys “like pieces of meat at sex parties” in the late 1990s. Egan’s X-rated lawsuit exposes a cabal of alleged predators who plied young boys and teens with hard drugs and alcohol before sexually assaulting them.

Egan was repeatedly molested, raped and beaten from the age of 15, he says, at an infamous gay sex mansion in southern California. The mansion was owned by another of Egan’s alleged abusers: scumbag Internet video mogul Marc Collins-Rector. He’s a registered sex offender who lured young boys online, drugged and raped them, and reportedly threatened them with a gun if they did not submit.

Edge:

Much more at the link.

Which is where you need to read about it, because it ain't gonna be a Big Deal™ to the DISGUSTING FILTH of the LSM.

Like a dimocrap congressman just said today, "I ain't gonna bring a rope to my own lynching"

yup

Reward offered in schoolgirl abductions...
:eusa_pray:
Boko Haram strikes again, attacks Nigerian village
May 7, 2014 -- Girls in Nigeria are my sisters," Pakistani activist Malala Yousafzai says; As efforts to free abducted girls accelerate, Boko Haram strikes out again; Militants attack village, kill at least 150; Nigerian authorities offer a reward for information leading to the girls' rescue
Details emerged Wednesday of an apparent Boko Haram attack on a Nigerian village in which at least 150 people died, the latest in a series of attacks and abductions of schoolgirls attributed to the group. Militants dressed in military uniforms, backed by armored personnel carriers and shouting "God is great" attacked Gamboru Ngala on Monday afternoon, firing rocket-propelled grenades and tossing improvised bombs into a crowded outdoor marketplace, witnesses told CNN on Wednesday. They then set fire to buildings where people had tried to take shelter from the violence, the witnesses said. The fighters also attacked the police station during the 12-hour assault, initially facing stiff resistance. They eventually used explosives to blow the roof off the building, witnesses said. Fourteen police officers were found dead inside, they said. The final death toll could be closer to 300, Nigerian Sen. Ahmed Zanna told CNN.

It's unclear what impact the attack could have on the international response to Nigeria's fight with Boko Haram, which so far has been concentrated on helping the government rescue 276 schoolgirls abducted last month by the militant group. Nigerian authorities have blamed the group for dozens of deadly attacks in the country's north. They offered a reward of about $310,000 on Wednesday for information leading to the rescue of the girls. "While calling on the general public to be part of the solution to the present security challenge, the Police High Command also reassures all citizens that any information given would be treated anonymously and with utmost confidentiality," the Nigeria Police Force said in a statement.

The government also has accepted U.S. and British offers of assistance, officials with those governments said. Members of the U.S. Congress called for action, former U.N. Secretary-General Kofi Annan called the abductions "abominable" and Malala Yousafzai, the Pakistani children's rights activist shot in the head by the Taliban, spoke out, too. "The girls in Nigeria are my sisters and it is my responsibility that I speak up for my sisters," Yousafzai told CNN's "Amanpour." "I felt that i should speak up for them and i should raise my voice for their rights," she said.

International aid taking shape

See also:

Anger over kidnapping of Nigerian schoolgirls sparks protests in the U.S.
May 7,`14 The kidnapping of hundreds of Nigerian schoolgirls last month has sparked an international outcry, something that only intensified this week when the leader of the Nigerian Islamist group responsible for the kidnapping described them as “slaves” and threatened to sell them.
It took time for the story of the kidnapping to spread around the world, but once it did, the building anger was channeled through social media campaigns on Facebook and Twitter. In the United States, this outcry has taken the form of protests stretching from coast to coast, rallies that are similar to events happening in Nigeria and elsewhere around the world. Hundreds of protesters gathered in New York’s Union Square over the weekend, bringing signs and bullhorns to decry the inaction of Nigeria’s government:

* “I am angry!” shouted Makho Ndlovu, 32, of Brooklyn. “It makes no sense that girls can be abducted and the world doesn’t care. I am angry! To the Nigerian government, our eyes are watching. To Barack Obama, our eyes are watching. To the United Nations, our eyes are watching.”

* Bring Back Our Daughters Rally in Union Sq.Pk , mothers are here w/their girls! #BringBackOurDaughters pic.twitter.com/Nc9esfDfFI — Mia Y Anderson (@actressnoir) May 3, 2014

08nigeriansA1399402870.jpg

Demonstrators gathered in front of the Nigerian Embassy in Washington on Tuesday.

In Washington, dozens of people converged on the Nigerian Embassy. They came together Tuesday morning because, as one of them said, “I’m a mother and I would feel the same way if my daughter were in danger.” Demonstrators rallied in Los Angeles on Monday against the kidnapping, as similar rallies popped up in Houston, Baltimore, Syracuse and other cities. Other events are also planned in the coming days for cities and college campuses across the United States, as well as locations around the world.

* #BringBackOurGirls rally in Baltimore, Maryland today @omojuwa @obyezeks pic.twitter.com/FuG7S6mYQl — Kunle Fakiyesi (@kunlefaki) May 7, 2014

* Morgan students release balloons for each kidnapped Nigerian girl. @cbsbaltimore #BringBackOurGirls pic.twitter.com/JpWDnMHyPP — Mike Hellgren (@HellgrenWJZ) May 7, 2014

Meanwhile, if you’re looking for more information about the kidnapping, Ishaan Tharoor has a good primer over at WorldViews that includes more about what happened and some background on Boko Haram, the Nigerian Islamist group that has claimed responsibility.

Anger over kidnapping of Nigerian schoolgirls sparks protests in the U.S.

Parents taking search into their own hands...
:eusa_clap:
Nigerians demand better government response to schoolgirl abductions
Sat May 10, 2014 ~ Nigerians stage a daily protest urging a better government response; Nigerian President vows "to get these girls out"; First lady Michelle Obama made her first solo White House weekly address; Key Muslim leader criticizes Boko Haram
Nigerians staging a daily protest in the capital said Saturday they are fed up with their government's indifference to the abduction of nearly 300 schoolgirls, even as the Nigerian president once again promised to bring them home. For 11 days, the protesters in Abuja have demanded Nigeria do more to rescue the girls, who were kidnapped more than three weeks ago by the Islamist terrorist group Boko Haram. They vow to sit every day until the girls are rescued. "We need to keep this up every day," protest organizer Rotimi Olawale told CNN. "We are saying that we want our girls alive."

Saturday, President Goodluck Jonathan said he was worried about the girls and he thanked other countries, including the United States, that have pledged support in finding them. "We promise the world that we must get these girls out," Jonathan said.

140510075949-flotus-bring-back-girls-story-top.png

First lady: Kidnappings 'unconscionable'

U.S. support for Nigeria

U.S. first lady Michelle Obama on Saturday condemned the "unconscionable" kidnapping of the girls, saying in the White House weekly radio address it was the work of "a terrorist group determined to keep these girls from getting an education." Earlier this week, Obama tweeted a photo of herself with a sign that said #BringBackOurGirls.

U.S. and British officials are in Abuja to help Nigeria's government look for the girls, plan rescue missions and advise on ways to subdue Boko Haram.
President Barack Obama has directed his administration to do everything possible to help the Nigerian government, the first lady said.

'Nothing has been done'

See also:

Nigerian families organize search for kidnapped girl
May 11, 2014 — Frustration and despair over the fate of hundreds of schoolgirls kidnapped by Islamic extremists in northern Nigeria is forcing families to organize the rescue themselves.
"We are trying to search for our daughters on our own," said a mother of one of the girls, asking to remain unidentified out of fear of causing her daughter further harm. "Soon we will be heading to the forest. "We heard rumors that they are ready to negotiate with us if we ourselves go to the forest," she added. "But they threatened to kill or sell the girls if the government uses force or ambushes them." Still, it's likely the families will have to travel farther than the vast Sambesa Forest to find their daughters: U.S. State Department officials said late last week there were signs the girls had been split up and dispersed to other countries — such as Cameroon and Chad — in the four weeks since they were taken.

During that time, families say Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan did little to search for the girls. "For a good 11 days, our daughters were sitting in one place," Enoch Mark, the father of two girls abducted from the Chibok Government Girls Secondary School in northern Nigeria on April 14, told the Associated Press. "They camped them near Chibok, not more than 30 kilometers (19 miles), and no help in hand." That delay in action is compounding growing domestic and international outrage over the kidnappings and the Nigerian government's response.

U.S. and U.K. officials said they quickly offered help in the search after more than 300 girls were kidnapped from the school, but assistance was refused for nearly a month. Help was offered "from day one," said U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry last week. Most of the abducted girls were between 16 and 18 years old. About 50 of those girls escaped and 276 remain captive. A few days later, Boko Haram allegedly kidnapped another eight girls — between the ages of 12 and 15 — from a nearby village, according to Nigerian press. The reason behind the attacks? Because the girls were in school.

In Hausa, a local African language, Boko Haram means "Western education is forbidden." The group aims to establish a new Islamic state in northern Nigeria. The Islamic extremists have abducted girls before, but never on this scale. Agence France Press obtained a video of Boko Haram leader Abubakar Shekau taking credit for the mid-April incident. "I abducted your girls," said Shekau. "There is a market for selling humans. Allah says I should sell. He commands me to sell." The kidnappings have led to questions about the government's failure to suppress the group, which has terrorized locals in the northern regions of the country for years. In the latest such violence on Monday, Boko Haram fighters killed about 300 people in Gamborou Ngala, a village on Nigeria's border with Chad, in a spree of destruction that burned shops and houses to the ground and destroyed hundreds of vehicles.

MORE

Here's another one you won't hear about because it's a favored group.....

Michelle Malkin | » Hollywood?s sexual predator problem explodes

Hollywood’s sexual predator problem explodes

By Michelle Malkin • May 7, 2014 01:28 AM

Hollywood is sick, sick, sick. Behind its curtain of holier-than-thou progressivism, the entertainment world’s top A-list stars have engaged in the most depraved sexual abuse against vulnerable children and teens, according to a growing number of victims. After years of cover-up, the institutional scandal is exploding. Finally.

The latest alleged atrocities involve “X-Men” director Bryan Singer and at least three other power players in the business: veteran television executive Garth Ancier, former Disney executive David Neuman and producer Gary Goddard. Last month, former child actor and model Michael Egan filed civil suits against the men, alleging that they passed around underage boys “like pieces of meat at sex parties” in the late 1990s. Egan’s X-rated lawsuit exposes a cabal of alleged predators who plied young boys and teens with hard drugs and alcohol before sexually assaulting them.

Egan was repeatedly molested, raped and beaten from the age of 15, he says, at an infamous gay sex mansion in southern California. The mansion was owned by another of Egan’s alleged abusers: scumbag Internet video mogul Marc Collins-Rector. He’s a registered sex offender who lured young boys online, drugged and raped them, and reportedly threatened them with a gun if they did not submit.

Edge:

Much more at the link.

Which is where you need to read about it, because it ain't gonna be a Big Deal™ to the DISGUSTING FILTH of the LSM.

Like a dimocrap congressman just said today, "I ain't gonna bring a rope to my own lynching"

yup

Isn't that Michelle Malkin in your sigline?

Sorry bout that,

1. And who is putting up the 300k?
2. Black people selling other blacks into slavery?
3. Who would of thunk it?!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Last edited:
Kidnapped Girls Shown In New Video...

Nigeria kidnapped girls 'shown in Boko Haram video'
12 May 2014 ~ Islamist militants Boko Haram have released a video apparently showing about 130 girls kidnapped from a school in northern Nigeria on 14 April.
Boko Haram leader Abubakar Shekau said the children would be held until all imprisoned militants had been freed. Interior Minister Abba Moro rejected the deal, telling the BBC that it was "absurd" for a "terrorist group" to try to set conditions. Boko Haram abducted more than 200 girls and threatened to sell them. The BBC's John Simpson in the northern city of Maiduguri says Boko Haram's comments show signs that the group is willing to negotiate. Three of the girls - wearing full-length cloaks - are shown speaking in the 27-minute video, obtained by French news agency AFP.

_74750377_nigeria_borno_624map_v2.jpg

Two girls say they were Christian and have converted to Islam, while the other says she is Muslim. "These girls, these girls you occupy yourselves with... we have indeed liberated them. These girls have become Muslims," Abubakar Shekau says in the video. It is thought the majority of the abducted girls are Christians, although there are a number of Muslims among them. Correspondents said the girls appeared calm and one said that they had not been harmed. There is no indication of when or where the video was taken, although the location appears to be rural. It is estimated to show about 130 girls - just under half of the 276 pupils abducted from their school in the northern state of Borno.

Our correspondent says this could mean those abducted had been split into smaller groups to help avoid detection. Boko Haram had previously admitted to kidnapping the girls. The group, whose name means "Western education is forbidden," said they should not have been at school and should get married instead. Boko Haram has been engaged in a violent campaign against the Nigerian government since 2009. Earlier, the governor of Nigeria's Borno state said he had information on the whereabouts of the schoolgirls. Governor Kashim Shettima said he had passed reports of the sightings of the girls to the military for verification.

_74789082_74789081.jpg

Boko Haram leader Abubakar Shekau uses the video to call for the group's imprisoned fighters to be freed

He added that he did not think the girls had been taken across the border to Chad or Cameroon. The Nigerian government has faced heavy criticism of its response to the mass abduction but President Goodluck Jonathan said on Sunday that assistance from abroad had made him optimistic of finding the girls. The UK and US already have teams helping on the ground in Nigeria and an Israeli counter-terrorism team is also on its way to the country. Meanwhile, French President Francois Hollande has offered to host a summit in Paris next Saturday with Nigeria and its neighbours focused on Boko Haram and the country's security challenges.

BBC News - Nigeria kidnapped girls 'shown in Boko Haram video'

See also:

Nigeria’s Missing Girls: The End of Terror Is Nowhere in Sight
12 May ~ Terrorism is the most pressing of many issues facing Nigeria, TIME's Rana Foroohar writes after a visit to Abuja, amid the government's sluggish response to the April kidnapping of almost 300 girls by the militant Islamic group Boko Haram
Outside the airport in Abuja, Nigeria, where the World Economic Forum’s Africa conference recently wrapped up, I noticed a local workman’s truck, which had a sign painted on the back that read, “Every problem has an expiry date.” There are plenty of problems in Nigeria–inefficiency, inequality, corruption, unemployment–but the most pressing one right now is terrorism. It is unclear what the expiry date might be. Nearly three hundred girls taken from their boarding school in the northeast of the country by a militant Islamic group called Boko Haram are still missing. A new report by Amnesty International claims that the national government headed by President Goodluck Jonathan knew about the impending attack–and did nothing.

At panels I attended at the World Economic Forum (WEF), just as the report was coming out, President Jonathan said that the kidnappings would be “a turning point in our fight against Boko Haram, and the beginning of the end of terror in Nigeria.” At the WEF evening welcome soiree last Thursday night, a Nigerian pop star serenaded the President, his coterie of plumbed generals, and the rest of us, in tones that managed to be both mournful and saccharine, with a song about the missing girls. It seemed tone-deaf at a forum sponsored by the government, which began with a moment of silence for the missing girls, but offered no real sense of urgency around finding them, or combatting the growing terrorism in the country.

The big question at the WEF was whether terrorism, and in particular the kidnappings, would have any impact on the Nigerian investment story, which up until now has been one of the biggest recent success stories in emerging markets. Just a few weeks ago, the World Bank “rebased” Nigerian GDP numbers to account for the fact that old calculations weren’t taking into account new industries like telecoms and Nollywood. The result was that Nigerian GDP grew by 89 % overnight, making the country the largest economy in Africa, trumping South Africa. Growth is high–around 7 %–the middle class is growing strongly, and oil and gas represents about 14 % of the economy, about half of what was previously thought. Overall, that means more growth is coming from sustainable sources. Six out of ten of the world’s fastest growing economies are in Africa, and Nigeria is first among them.

Yet unemployment is still high and inequality even higher. Half of Nigerians live in poverty, despite vast oil and gas wealth. In fact, that’s one reason that many prominent citizens say that Boko Haram has gained a foothold in the country. Some Nigerians are getting wealthy, but there aren’t jobs for enough of them, particularly given that over 50% of the population is under 18 years old. That’s exactly the kind of demographic and economic combination that bred the Arab Spring uprisings. “Terrorism hasn’t stopped business from coming here to Nigeria yet, but the situation is out of hand,” says Aliko Dangote, the head of Dangote Holdings and Africa’s richest man. “I think the government is trying to get themselves together [around this issue]. I think they have been taken by surprise–there are people in places like Spain who are saying, ‘where are these Nigerian girls?’ That hasn’t happened before. It’s good that the government has asked the US and the UK to help. And it’s important that the private sector do its part, too. Unless we create more jobs, we won’t eliminate Boko Haram. Even if we do, another such group will come. We have to empower our people.”

More http://time.com/95580/nigeria-missing-girls-2/

Last edited:
You know, all these well-timed outrageous acts choreographed to tug at the heartstrings of the US, from Syria, to N. Korea's reliable rants, to the Ukraine and now Nigeria. It just seems a little...I don't know...staged. Like bait. Like big, stinky US cheese bait.

And our economy is the big rat trap set to spring on us if we are foolish enough to get involved... I always wonder who Al Qaida and islamic extremists really answer to. They're always up to something geared specifically to taunt the US into war. I guess all that's left to ask is, "who profits when the US is engaged in war"?

There's the $20K question.. I think the US acted properly this time. I think if the message gets out that "if you play the game for ??? [insert masterminds names here], a small invisible force will come and end your life", maybe people would be less likely to play along so well with the script?

Last edited:
Israel has on demand abortions for anyone anytime paid for by govt. Your outrage seems to extend toward Africa but your outrage cant get a passport to Israel?

UN threatens to take action against Boko Haram...
UN Security Council threatens action over girls' abduction in Nigeria
May 10, 2014 ~ - The U.N. Security Council on Friday expressed outrage at the abduction of hundreds of Nigerian school girls in two attacks by Islamist militants, demanding their immediate release and threatening to take action.
Boko Haram kidnapped more than 250 girls from a secondary school in Chibok in remote northeastern Nigeria on April 14 and has threatened to sell them into slavery, while eight girls were taken from another village earlier this week. "The members of the Security Council expressed their intention to actively follow the situation of the abducted girls and to consider appropriate measures against Boko Haram," the 15-member council, which includes Nigeria, said in a statement. U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Samantha Power said the U.N. Security Council should act quickly to designate Boko Haram as a terrorist group. "We're working with Nigeria in the U.N. Security Council to secure urgently needed U.N. sanctions (on) Boko Haram," Power posted on Twitter. "Must hold its murderous leaders to account."

Boko Haram's five-year-old insurgency is aimed at reviving a medieval Islamic caliphate in modern Nigeria, whose 170 million people are split roughly evenly between Christians and Muslims, and it is becoming by far the biggest security threat to Africa's top oil producer. The Security Council statement "demanded the immediate and unconditional release of all abducted girls still in captivity and further expressed their deep concern at statements made by the alleged leader of Boko Haram threatening to sell these girls as slaves." It also condemned the latest big Islamist attack in Nigeria, the killing of 125 people on Monday when gunmen rampaged through a town in the northeast near the Cameroon border. [ID:nL6N0NT433]

Several countries, including the United States, Britain, France and China, have offered support to Nigeria to help find the girls. British experts including diplomats, aid workers and Ministry of Defence officials arrived in Nigeria on Friday to advise the government on the search. "The members of the Security Council welcomed the ongoing efforts of the Government of Nigeria to ensure the safe return of the abducted girls to their families, as well as international efforts to provide assistance to the Nigerian authorities in this regard and bring the perpetrators to justice," the statement said.

U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon said on Thursday that Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan had accepted his offer to send a high-level U.N. envoy "to discuss how the United Nations can better support the government's efforts to tackle the internal challenges." Ban said in a statement that he was deeply concerned about the fate of the girls and that "the targeting of children and schools is against international law and cannot be justified under any circumstances."

Can't the US/UN just give an ultimatum to Boko Haram? If they do not bring the girls back on time they will be attacked by UN or US forces, for example. This plan could take less time than searching the girls.

UN threatens to take action against Boko Haram...
May 10, 2014 ~ - The U.N. Security Council on Friday expressed outrage at the abduction of hundreds of Nigerian school girls in two attacks by Islamist militants, demanding their immediate release and threatening to take action.
Boko Haram kidnapped more than 250 girls from a secondary school in Chibok in remote northeastern Nigeria on April 14 and has threatened to sell them into slavery, while eight girls were taken from another village earlier this week. "The members of the Security Council expressed their intention to actively follow the situation of the abducted girls and to consider appropriate measures against Boko Haram," the 15-member council, which includes Nigeria, said in a statement. U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Samantha Power said the U.N. Security Council should act quickly to designate Boko Haram as a terrorist group. "We're working with Nigeria in the U.N. Security Council to secure urgently needed U.N. sanctions (on) Boko Haram," Power posted on Twitter. "Must hold its murderous leaders to account."

Boko Haram's five-year-old insurgency is aimed at reviving a medieval Islamic caliphate in modern Nigeria, whose 170 million people are split roughly evenly between Christians and Muslims, and it is becoming by far the biggest security threat to Africa's top oil producer. The Security Council statement "demanded the immediate and unconditional release of all abducted girls still in captivity and further expressed their deep concern at statements made by the alleged leader of Boko Haram threatening to sell these girls as slaves." It also condemned the latest big Islamist attack in Nigeria, the killing of 125 people on Monday when gunmen rampaged through a town in the northeast near the Cameroon border. [ID:nL6N0NT433]

Several countries, including the United States, Britain, France and China, have offered support to Nigeria to help find the girls. British experts including diplomats, aid workers and Ministry of Defence officials arrived in Nigeria on Friday to advise the government on the search. "The members of the Security Council welcomed the ongoing efforts of the Government of Nigeria to ensure the safe return of the abducted girls to their families, as well as international efforts to provide assistance to the Nigerian authorities in this regard and bring the perpetrators to justice," the statement said.

U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon said on Thursday that Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan had accepted his offer to send a high-level U.N. envoy "to discuss how the United Nations can better support the government's efforts to tackle the internal challenges." Ban said in a statement that he was deeply concerned about the fate of the girls and that "the targeting of children and schools is against international law and cannot be justified under any circumstances."

The UN threatens action?

Those #s were scary enough. But this? Hoo baby! Boko Haram must really be scared shitless now!

Granny says dey try to kidnap her an' dey gonna get the business end of a 12ga. Mossburg...
:eek:
Boko Haram kidnaps more women near Chibok, reports say
Monday 9 June 2014 ~ Armed Islamists alleged to have forced women into vehicles and taken them to remote, unknown location in north-east Nigeria
Suspected Boko Haram gunmen have reportedly kidnapped 20 women from a nomadic settlement in north-east Nigeria near the town of Chibok, where the Islamic militants abducted nearly 300 girls in April, most of whom are still missing. Alhaji Tar, a member of one of the vigilante groups set up to resist Boko Haram's attacks, said the men arrived in Garkin Fulani at midday on Thursday and forced the women to enter their vehicles at gunpoint. The group also kidnapped three young men who tried to stop the abduction, and drove to an unknown location in the remote stretch of Borno state, he said. News of the latest kidnapping came as the people of Maiduguri buried more than 100 bodies almost a week after a Boko Haram attack. Local leaders said many more victims of the attacks had yet to be found.

Lawan Abba Kaka and John Gulla, from Attagara in Borno state, said nearly 110 people had now been interred after Islamist militants stormed the village and at least three others nearby on Tuesday and Wednesday last week. Boko Haram, which wants to set up an Islamic state in Nigeria, has increased the number of attacks in recent months, with civilians bearing the brunt of the violence. Ali Ndume, who represents Borno South in Nigeria's senate, said burials had taken place in nine villages: 42 in Attagara, 24 in Aganjara and 20 in Agapalwa. "From what those who fled told us, there are more corpses in nearby bushes and the mountainside," he told reporters after a meeting in the Borno state capital of Maiduguri. "Many people that fled the communities are also trapped on the hills, as they are without food or water."

Schoolgirls-stand-in-a-Ma-011.jpg

Schoolgirls stand in a Maiduguri classroom burnt by Boko Haram in May. Attacks by the Islamist group have risen in recent months.

Hundreds of people were feared dead in the attack in the Gwoza district of Borno, with some community leaders putting the death toll as high as 500, although there was no independent verification of the claim. Peter Biye, who represents Gwoza in Nigeria's lower chamber of parliament, last week described the bloodshed as massive, but said an exact death toll was impossible to compile because the insurgents were still in the area and local people had fled. Heavily armed gunmen were said to have killed babies being carried on their mothers' backs and shot down villagers as they tried to flee.

Asabe Vilita, a Gwoza local government leader who is also Borno commissioner for commerce and investment, said 1,290 people were displaced by the violence and many had gone to Maiduguri. Three camps have been set up and local political and religious leaders in the affected areas were working with the military to ensure that those who fled could return when it was safe. The villages were a mix of Christian and Muslim communities and Ndume said they had lived together peacefully for a long time. "They may have their disagreements, but the latest attacks were perpetrated by Boko Haram. It is sad because our people were mercilessly murdered and many houses razed," he said.

Boko Haram kidnaps more women near Chibok, reports say | World news | theguardian.com

You know, all these well-timed outrageous acts choreographed to tug at the heartstrings of the US, from Syria, to N. Korea's reliable rants, to the Ukraine and now Nigeria. It just seems a little...I don't know...staged. Like bait. Like big, stinky US cheese bait.

And our economy is the big rat trap set to spring on us if we are foolish enough to get involved... I always wonder who Al Qaida and islamic extremists really answer to. They're always up to something geared specifically to taunt the US into war. I guess all that's left to ask is, "who profits when the US is engaged in war"?

There's the $20K question.. I think the US acted properly this time. I think if the message gets out that "if you play the game for ??? [insert masterminds names here], a small invisible force will come and end your life", maybe people would be less likely to play along so well with the script?
I think that is better than invasion, wish Iraq had been handed that way. Not legal, but giving 'aid' to those threatened isn't.

No one dare get upset over boys raped by gay predators. The predators are GAY. They can do no wrong. It's not rape. They are helping these boys realize their sexual potential.

Child sex trafficking! What do you think is going on with getting these kids across the southern border?

60 more women kidnapped from Chibok area...

Suspected Nigerian Islamists kidnap 60 women from northeast
23 Oct.`14 — Suspected Boko Haram militants abducted 60 women from two villages in northeastern Nigeria, a security official said, less than a week after the government announced it had reached a truce with the Islamist group.
The women were taken over the weekend from the Madagali district of the northeastern state of Adamawa, the Nigerian security official said, asking not to be identified because he isn't authorized to speak to reporters. The area has been under the militants' control for about two months, the official said by phone, adding that the attackers entered the villages on motorbikes and in vans. Military spokesman Maj. Gen. Chris Olukolade, based in the capital, Abuja, didn't answer calls to his mobile phone Thursday.

On Oct. 17, the government said the Islamist group had signaled willingness to discuss the release of more than 200 schoolgirls that Boko Haram fighters abducted from the town of Chibok in April and threatened to sell into slavery. Boko Haram, which roughly translates as "Western education is a sin," has killed more than 13,000 people since 2009 in its campaign against the Nigerian state, President Goodluck Jonathan said last month, before the government announced it had agreed a cease-fire with the militants.

Since then, persistent violence in the northeast has eroded confidence in the cease-fire claim, with analysts and community leaders questioning the legitimacy of the reported deal. "It's our understanding that negotiations about a deal to release the girls continue," State Department spokeswoman Marie Harf told reporters on Oct. 20. Wednesday, Nigerian lawmakers completed the approval process for Jonathan's request that the country borrow $1 billion to spend on beefing up its armed forces. Nigeria currently spends around $6 billion a year on security.

At least five people were killed and 12 injured in a blast at a bus park in northeastern Nigeria yesterday, police said. Authorities have begun investigating the explosion in the town of Azare in Bauchi state, about 600 kilometers (370 miles) north of Abuja, police spokesman Haruna Mohammed said in an e- mailed statement. "We heard a loud explosion at the motor park and we rushed to the area and found some people caught by the blast," resident Muttaka Usman said by phone. No one has claimed responsibility for the attack.

Suspected Nigerian Islamists kidnap 60 women from northeast - Chicago Tribune

Forum List

Back