Another History Primer

teddyearp

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2014
Pinetop, AZ
Yes, granted this is ancient history when it comes to the Israel/Palestine conflict. These things happened almost 100 years ago. Yet this part of history is a resurgent part of the threads here.

I know I have in the past railed about these super long videos, but I found this one to seem to be fairly neutrally informative.

When it comes down to how we got here from back 100 years ago then, it cannot be denyed that the British and the other European countries had a hand in it. There wasn't that much 'Zionist' influence. It was Britain and France and the other allies that wanted to carve up the near Middle East. And then to the victors went the spoils to allocate as they wished.

Enjoy. Or not.

Yes, the WWI victors to divide the NE and ME as they wished, and, yes, the Jews had their lobbyists right along with the Muslims.

Well WWII seen the end of the power of the British Empire and the US as the most powerful empire(due to winning the war, although I sometimes wonder if even today London is not in control in the background)
but Britain never gave Palestine to the Jews , it said they could live there, but of course that didn't work as we know, the Jews got rid of Britain and Britain gave up on it , so what is missing or maybe I didn't hear it at the end of the video is

At midnight on May 14, 1948, the Provisional Government of Israel proclaimed a new State of Israel. On that same date, the United States, in the person of President Truman, recognized the provisional Jewish government as de facto authority of the Jewish state (de jure recognition was extended on January 31, 1949). The U.S. delegates to the U.N. and top-ranking State Department officials were angered that Truman released his recognition statement to the press without notifying them first. On May 15, 1948, the first day of Israeli Independence and exactly one year after UNSCOP was established, Arab armies invaded Israel and the first Arab-Israeli war began

U.S. Recognition of the State of Israel

who invaded who first is up to debate, since the winners write history, but its obvious the inhabitants of Palestine got screwed when the Jews moved in and have been getting screwed ever since.

There are two questions to ask yourself when listening is how did the Jews grow to be so wealthy and why they were not safe anywhere in Europe, as the video says.

They have less right to be there than the Palestinians , but they have been and still are forcefully taking it for themselves,

the other question to ask, is if they loved their homeland so much as they claim, why did they ever leave, and don't say they were forced, the maj never returned from Babylon, when they could of, I think its pretty bad when

one race of people need their own land, and can't live among others.

Thanks for the video link and for those who do not have time to listen to it all, min 40 is a good point to start.

If the Arabs cannot live with the Jews, then they need to emigrate to Arabville

Considering the Jews have won three wars, have punished the PLA and Hamas as many times as needed, and will continue to do so, the Jews are not going anywhere.

Considering the Jews have won three wars, have punished the PLA and Hamas as many times as needed, and will continue to do so, the Jews are not going anywhere.

Well your right, but the Palestinians have withstood their terrible punishments , and do not want to leave, that is their home.

Then if they are home, they are going to have share peacerfully or leave.

Well WWII seen the end of the power of the British Empire and the US as the most powerful empire(due to winning the war, although I sometimes wonder if even today London is not in control in the background)
but Britain never gave Palestine to the Jews , it said they could live there, but of course that didn't work as we know, the Jews got rid of Britain and Britain gave up on it , so what is missing or maybe I didn't hear it at the end of the video is

At midnight on May 14, 1948, the Provisional Government of Israel proclaimed a new State of Israel. On that same date, the United States, in the person of President Truman, recognized the provisional Jewish government as de facto authority of the Jewish state (de jure recognition was extended on January 31, 1949). The U.S. delegates to the U.N. and top-ranking State Department officials were angered that Truman released his recognition statement to the press without notifying them first. On May 15, 1948, the first day of Israeli Independence and exactly one year after UNSCOP was established, Arab armies invaded Israel and the first Arab-Israeli war began

who invaded who first is up to debate, since the winners write history, but its obvious the inhabitants of Palestine got screwed when the Jews moved in and have been getting screwed ever since.

There are two questions to ask yourself when listening is how did the Jews grow to be so wealthy and why they were not safe anywhere in Europe, as the video says.

They have less right to be there than the Palestinians , but they have been and still are forcefully taking it for themselves,

the other question to ask, is if they loved their homeland so much as they claim, why did they ever leave, and don't say they were forced, the maj never returned from Babylon, when they could of, I think its pretty bad when

Thanks for the video link and for those who do not have time to listen to it all, min 40 is a good point to start.
I see some inconsistencies in your post.

"but Britain never gave Palestine to the Jews ,"
"Arab armies invaded Israel and the first Arab-Israeli war began​

If Britain did not give Palestine to the Jews, where was this Israel that was supposedly invaded?

Also

"who invaded who first is up to debate,"​

If Germany and France are fighting in France, who is the invader. I don't see a debate here.

If Britain did not give Palestine to the Jews, where was this Israel that was supposedly invaded? Also
If Germany and France are fighting in France, who is the invader. I don't see a debate here.
We see only drivel here.

In the 1949 armistice agreements the UN called the whole place (everything inside Palestine's international borders) Palestine.
Who was that shakh, sheikh, emir, pasha, sultan, president, prime-minister of that state of "palestine" to have "international borders"? Eh?
Israel signed those agreements.
No shakh, sheikh, emir, pasha, sultan, president, prime-minister of that state of "palestine"? Mucho funny.

I see some inconsistencies in your post.

"but Britain never gave Palestine to the Jews ,"
"Arab armies invaded Israel and the first Arab-Israeli war began​

If Britain did not give Palestine to the Jews, where was this Israel that was supposedly invaded?

Also

It is confusing so I can understand that ,

I take it that Britain In 1917ish under the Balfour Declaration said the Jews could move there under their supervision, but as soon as they started to move there, they pretty much did as they wanted and fought with the British, and the British said for the UN to take care of it, so in 1948 , the Provisional Government of Israel proclaimed a new State of Israel. On that same date, the United States, in the person of President Truman, recognized the provisional Jewish government

What I referred to is who started fighting who first , the Arabs or the Jews, when they declared themselves and Truman declared them a state.

I don't know where your getting "If Germany and France are fighting in France, who is the invader. I don't see a debate here" from. The debate is who started fighting the Arabs or the Jews, in 1948.

I only took it as far as 1948. I do not see where Britain ever gave rule of the land of Palestine to the Jews, but said they could live there ,

is that right? Then the British said they wanted nothing to do with the issue and gave it to the UN, and before the UN decided what to do, the Jews declared themselves a state of Israel and so did Truman in 1948.

The Jews are fighting the Arabs in Israel.
In the 1949 armistice agreements the UN called the whole place (everything inside Palestine's international borders) Palestine.

Ok due to the arab and jewish fighting the UN stepped in ,

so when did the name Palestine get officially changed to Israel and how did it happen.

The Jews are fighting the Arabs in Israel.

A rose by any other name, you know.

Greater Israel and deportation will be the result if the Arabs do not put down their weapons for good.

Forum List

Back