Another lie debunked- Payments to Ukraine

IM2

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 11, 2015
We'll ignore the fact that Trump changed his story about why he withheld funds from the Ukraine. But the claim he made yesterday was a lie and he needs to quit dissing our allies to please delusional americans with no clue of how the world has worked.

“We’re putting up the bulk of the money. … Europe has to put up money for Ukraine also.”

— President Trump, in remarks to reporters at the United Nations, Sept. 24, 2019

“As far as withholding funds, those funds were paid, they were fully paid. But my complaint has always been — and I’d withhold again, and I’ll continue to withhold until such time as Europe and other nations contribute to Ukraine. Because they’re not doing it; it’s the United States. We’re putting up the bulk of the money. … Europe has to put up money for Ukraine also. Why is it only the United States putting up the money? … Germany, France, other countries should put up money, and that’s been my complaint from the beginning.”

But that’s not correct. Europe has been a major funder to Ukraine since Russia annexed its Crimean Peninsula in 2014, often providing more aid than the United States. The European Union has provided more than 15 billion euros ($16.5 billion) in grants and loans to Ukraine, according to an E.U. fact sheet on relations with Ukraine. Meanwhile, NATO has its own military cooperation program with Ukraine, establishing six trust funds to assist the country in improving its military readiness.

According to the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), the top 10 donors in gross overseas development assistance for Ukraine in 2016-2017 are: European Institutions ($425.2 million), United States ($204.4 million), Germany ($189.8 million), Japan ($180.8 million), Global Fund to fight diseases ($44.8 million), Canada ($44.5 million), Poland ($42.5 million), Sweden ($34.6 million), Britain ($31.6 million) and Switzerland ($29.6 million).

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...o-laden-claims-about-joe-biden-ukraine-polls/

The other day it was corruption , and now the excuse is we are giving more money. He just makes crap up.

What is wrong with you guys? Trump said that the US was the only one giving money to the Ukraine and the other countries need to pay their fair share. Now we know Europe paid double what the US is paid. Trump is lying. If you guys can swallow such obvious trump lies what else are you swallowing?

EFT1oRqWsAA-G3M

What is wrong with you guys? Trump said that the US was the only one giving money to the Ukraine and the other countries need to pay their fair share. Now we know Europe paid double what the US is paid. Trump is lying. If you guys can swallow such obvious trump lies what else are you swallowing?

EFT1oRqWsAA-G3M

Trumps man juice.

The other day it was corruption , and now the excuse is we are giving more money. He just makes crap up.
or it could be due to your TDS you cant keep track of reality any better than a goat in heat

Well it kind hard since tramp lives in his made up mind.
NOOOO
trump lives in the whitehouse and hilary doesnt,,,

does that make your butt hurt??

No and he lives part time in the WH.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
or it could be due to your TDS you cant keep track of reality any better than a goat in heat

Well it kind hard since tramp lives in his made up mind.
NOOOO
trump lives in the whitehouse and hilary doesnt,,,

does that make your butt hurt??

No and he lives part time in the WH.
and hilary live no time

go ahead and admit it butthurts you

We'll ignore the fact that Trump changed his story about why he withheld funds from the Ukraine. But the claim he made yesterday was a lie and he needs to quit dissing our allies to please delusional americans with no clue of how the world has worked.

“We’re putting up the bulk of the money. … Europe has to put up money for Ukraine also.”

— President Trump, in remarks to reporters at the United Nations, Sept. 24, 2019

“As far as withholding funds, those funds were paid, they were fully paid. But my complaint has always been — and I’d withhold again, and I’ll continue to withhold until such time as Europe and other nations contribute to Ukraine. Because they’re not doing it; it’s the United States. We’re putting up the bulk of the money. … Europe has to put up money for Ukraine also. Why is it only the United States putting up the money? … Germany, France, other countries should put up money, and that’s been my complaint from the beginning.”

But that’s not correct. Europe has been a major funder to Ukraine since Russia annexed its Crimean Peninsula in 2014, often providing more aid than the United States. The European Union has provided more than 15 billion euros ($16.5 billion) in grants and loans to Ukraine, according to an E.U. fact sheet on relations with Ukraine. Meanwhile, NATO has its own military cooperation program with Ukraine, establishing six trust funds to assist the country in improving its military readiness.

According to the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), the top 10 donors in gross overseas development assistance for Ukraine in 2016-2017 are: European Institutions ($425.2 million), United States ($204.4 million), Germany ($189.8 million), Japan ($180.8 million), Global Fund to fight diseases ($44.8 million), Canada ($44.5 million), Poland ($42.5 million), Sweden ($34.6 million), Britain ($31.6 million) and Switzerland ($29.6 million).

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...o-laden-claims-about-joe-biden-ukraine-polls/

I think it is wrong to assume that Trump lied.

It is more likely that he just does not know any better. He is not very well informed individual.

It is more likely that he just does not know any better. He is not very well informed individual.

So what was it the corruption or the money?

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

Or it's a little from Column A, a little from Column B.

No, Trump lied. He changed his reason for what he did twice.

Forum List

Back