Another Reason To Abolish The IRS

Civil forfeitures are a violation of two parts of the Constitution, one, due process and two, the takings clause. They should be made illegal throughout the US.

They are illegal. Just read the Bill of Rights.

I forgot thinking hard is against kaz's religion, so here's the clue:

r1agsx.jpg

People of the Great State of Eschaton, as your Governor, I am also upset with the recent U.S. Supreme Court decision legalizing guns for tots.

I hate taxes as much as the next guy, but you can't seriously be contemplating abolishing the government agency responsible for collecting the majority of US federal government revenue.

What's your solution? Dissolution of the US federal government? Or perhaps taxpayers should just send cheques to the US Treasury Dept., and that would become the new de facto IRS?

Where do these ideas come from? Enlighten me, please, because to me this seems like angry boys--clueless about how the world works and remiss to the incredible privileges we enjoy--responding to sporadic injustices with patent absurdity like "abolish the IRS".

Great idea. Abolish it and then what?

Abolish the income tax. Then abolish the IRS.
And pay for a litany of federal government services how?

Or is that all crap people can live without as far as you're concerned?

I hate taxes as much as the next guy, but you can't seriously be contemplating abolishing the government agency responsible for collecting the majority of US federal government revenue.

What's your solution? Dissolution of the US federal government? Or perhaps taxpayers should just send cheques to the US Treasury Dept., and that would become the new de facto IRS?

Where do these ideas come from? Enlighten me, please, because to me this seems like angry boys--clueless about how the world works and remiss to the incredible privileges we enjoy--responding to sporadic injustices with patent absurdity like "abolish the IRS".

If I had my druthers, we would simply abolish all those so-called "services." However, if the voters insist on continuing them, Congress can adopt the FAIR tax.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
I forgot thinking hard is against kaz's religion, so here's the clue:

r1agsx.jpg

People of the Great State of Eschaton, as your Governor, I am also upset with the recent U.S. Supreme Court decision legalizing guns for tots.

How does that make sense? Where do I think the end of the world is coming? Your typical contrived crap

If I had my druthers, we would simply abolish all those so-called "services."

No national defense?

Interesting! What would all those poor bastards at Halliburton do for a living?

No national defense?

Interesting!

We had a national defense without an income tax. Haven't you ever read a history book?

Civil forfeitures are a violation of two parts of the Constitution, one, due process and two, the takings clause. They should be made illegal throughout the US.
The Truth About Frivolous Tax Arguments

You're in there!

That doesn't prove your point. The IRS doesn't determine what is constitutional.
I see you did not read the link. There are pages and pages and pages and pages of constitutional law cited.

No national defense?

Interesting!

We had a national defense without an income tax. Haven't you ever read a history book?
Yes, I have read quite a few history books. And if you had, you would know that every war from the Civil War forward was paid for by an income tax.

Are you planning to defend our country with the Cub Scouts?

The Truth About Frivolous Tax Arguments

You're in there!

That doesn't prove your point. The IRS doesn't determine what is constitutional.
I see you did not read the link. There are pages and pages and pages and pages of constitutional law cited.

Those are claims about the income tax that do not hold up in court. It proves nothing about Asset Forfeiture Laws, which have nothing to do with income taxes.

No national defense?

Interesting!

Yes, I have read quite a few history books. And if you had, you would know that every war from the Civil War forward was paid for by an income tax.

Hmmmm . . Wrongo. Furthermore, even if that were true, it would only be another good reason for abolishing the income tax.

I'm actually okay with the Fair Tax. But I am also sane enough to know it would require an IRS to collect it.

No national defense?

Interesting!

Hmmmm . . Wrongo.

How funny you don't know that after condescending to tell me to read a history book! BWA-HA-HA-HA!

Lincoln imposes first federal income tax - Aug 05 1861 - HISTORY.com

On this day in 1861, Lincoln imposes the first federal income tax by signing the Revenue Act. Strapped for cash with which to pursue the Civil War, Lincoln and Congress agreed to impose a 3 percent tax on annual incomes over $800.

During World War II, Congress introduced payroll withholding and quarterly tax payments.

We ended WWII with the highest debt-to-GDP ratio in our history. So tax rates were raised through the roof.

For tax years 1944 through 1951, the highest marginal tax rate for individuals was 91%, increasing to 92% for 1952 and 1953, and reverting to 91% for tax years 1954 through 1963.

If I had my druthers, we would simply abolish all those so-called "services." However, if the voters insist on continuing them, Congress can adopt the FAIR tax.
the Right can't even abolish a boondoggle and generational form of theft known as our social, War on Drugs accomplished Only via the coercive use of force of the State; why should the left have any confidence the sincerity of the soundness of the clue and the soundness of the Cause, of the Right.

No national defense?

Interesting!

A welfare-State can provide for the common Defense with no direct tax on the incomes of real Persons.

2easdxh.jpg

...and so I am imposing a "guns for tots" penalty on the Federal tax revenues we are sending to Washington.

No national defense?

Interesting!

A welfare-State can provide for the common Defense with no direct tax on the incomes of real Persons.
As I said, I am okay with the Fair Tax and the elimination of the income tax. As a fiscal conservative, I support taxes on consumption over taxes on production.

But I am not retarded enough to believe a Fair Tax would lead to the elimination of the IRS.

It isn't the IRS which needs to be reformed. It is our tax structure which needs to be reformed. The IRS is just doing what the law of the land tells it to do. The retards are conflating the symptom with the disease.

Forum List

Back