Another school shooting....time to arm the teachers?

Sold, your vote wont be enough, bigreb.

Some states like mine require that you put your car through a safety inspection prior to getting it tagged. After today I am near certain we need something like this for gun purchases.

I don't and will never believe in a gun ban but gun control done right could save your childs life.

And I still believe a qualified teacher with a gun locked in a safe is a wise thing to do. Metal detectors would not stop someone intent on mass murder/suicide.

We have to test regularly to drive but not to own a weapon....

No sale.

Some states like mine require that you put your car through a safety inspection prior to getting it tagged. After today I am near certain we need something like this for gun purchases.

I don't and will never believe in a gun ban but gun control done right could save your childs life.

And I still believe a qualified teacher with a gun locked in a safe is a wise thing to do. Metal detectors would not stop someone intent on mass murder/suicide.

No sale.

Fair enough but why? Wouldn't you prefer the mentally unstable didn't have weapons?

I'm amazed.

Yes, arm the teachers who are willing to undergo special training in order to keep a gun in the classroom. Don't arm those who object to the concept. After he had seen a couple of these tragedies around the country, a teacher friend of mine, now retired, taught shop. He and his assistant built a concealed safe into the wall and had a couple of handguns stashed there, unbeknown to the administration or anybody else of course. But as he saw it, he was ready. Nobody was going to harm him or any kids he was responsible for if he could help it.
forcing someone to take a special class in order to carry a firearm would be a violation of the right to bear arms.

one would figure that the right would vehemently oppose any regulation of this type. damn sensible gun controls.

No sale.

Fair enough but why? Wouldn't you prefer the mentally unstable didn't have weapons?

I refuse to allow my rights to be in the hand of an overly anti gun zealot

You have no right to refuse sensible gun control that does not violate the 2nd Amendment.

Your right to bear arms is not absolute.

Most school funding issues are placed on local ballots. I would vote for an increase in sales taxes where the funds were directed for school security. Or property taxes in my area.

Good for you.

The moment the initiative was brought up, the first thing out of most people who think like you would be, "If we didn't have teachers unions...." You know it too.

Two different issues.

Yeah...but conservatives have a way of making it all about funding anytime new expenditures come up. Hurricane Sandy relief is being held up....Katrina relief was bandied about for a while too.

After today I believe that cooler heads may prevail and sensible measures that don't violate the second amendment can be achieved.

If the slaughter of a bunch of 8 year olds can't focus us nothing will.

You have no right to refuse sensible gun control that does not violate the 2nd Amendment.

SecondAmendment.jpg

Says who?

This is just it; we're living under a 226 year old business plan. The guys who wrote the plan were worried about the Crown forcing colonists to house soldiers and that concern elevated it's way up unto an amendment to the national constitution.

If you were starting from scratch in 2012, that wouldn't even make the top 500 issues you'd want to cover.

But somehow the 2nd amendment is not viewed in the tense on which it was written; it is in fact seen as absolute by the less enlightened.

After today I believe that cooler heads may prevail and sensible measures that don't violate the second amendment can be achieved.

Nothing will; sad to say.

We'll appoint a commission, say a prayer and move on. It's the GOP way. Also sad to say.

Most drugs are illegal and there are many laws against buying them, transporting them, selling them and using them. The calls for more gun laws and more restrictions truly underwhelms me personally but never more so than right after a horrible tragedy.

We'll appoint a commission, say a prayer and move on. It's the GOP way. Also sad to say.

Its the political way. Party is irrelevant

Says who?

This is just it; we're living under a 226 year old business plan. The guys who wrote the plan were worried about the Crown forcing colonists to house soldiers and that concern elevated it's way up unto an amendment to the national constitution.

If you were starting from scratch in 2012, that wouldn't even make the top 500 issues you'd want to cover.

But somehow the 2nd amendment is not viewed in the tense on which it was written; it is in fact seen as absolute by the less enlightened.

What does shall not be infringe mean?

Most drugs are illegal and there are many laws against buying them, transporting them, selling them and using them. The calls for more gun laws and more restrictions truly underwhelms me personally but never more so than right after a horrible tragedy.

Good point. Outlawing drugs hasn't helped anything except an increase in crime.

When someone can figure out how to make the world 100% safe let me know. It can't be done. Bad and disturbed people do bad things using many different tools and means. A mother in SC used a car and a lake to kill her kids. How can we prevent bad things like that happening? You can't.

Forum List

Back