Another school shooting....time to arm the teachers?

Yes, arm the teachers who are willing to undergo special training in order to keep a gun in the classroom. Don't arm those who object to the concept. After he had seen a couple of these tragedies around the country, a teacher friend of mine, now retired, taught shop. He and his assistant built a concealed safe into the wall and had a couple of handguns stashed there, unbeknown to the administration or anybody else of course. But as he saw it, he was ready. Nobody was going to harm him or any kids he was responsible for if he could help it.
forcing someone to take a special class in order to carry a firearm would be a violation of the right to bear arms.

one would figure that the right would vehemently oppose any regulation of this type. damn sensible gun controls.

Right now, except for properly authorized law enforcement personnel, firearms are not allowed inside any school (or bar or courthouse or certain other venues) and that is not any kind of violation of the Second Amendment. I am required to take a special class in order to legally carry a concealed weapon in my state. If you go into the military you are required to take a lot of training in the proper use and maintenance of weapons assigned to you. Every law enforcement officer is required to take special trraining in proficiency and proper use of a weapon.

Surely it is not a violation of Second Amendment spirit or principle to rrequire a teacher who could be called on to use a weapon to protect the children to have the proper training to do that competently.

You have no right to refuse sensible gun control that does not violate the 2nd Amendment.

Your right to bear arms is not absolute.

Says who?

This is just it; we're living under a 226 year old business plan. The guys who wrote the plan were worried about the Crown forcing colonists to house soldiers and that concern elevated it's way up unto an amendment to the national constitution.

If you were starting from scratch in 2012, that wouldn't even make the top 500 issues you'd want to cover.

But somehow the 2nd amendment is not viewed in the tense on which it was written; it is in fact seen as absolute by the less enlightened.

What does shall not be infringe mean?

You have tried that in court......it doesn't work

Feel free to point out the inaccuracy in his post.

Why? Can't you do it yourself?

"You are free to have the weapon of your choice to shoot Congresswomen, Movie Theaters, Malls at Christmas and Kindergarten classrooms.

You want to back him up and say that's why people buy guns and it's a reason to stop law abiding people from owning one?

Go right head.....and then check other some of his other "gems".

Again, tell me where he is inaccurate. I'm supposing you can't since you're not doing it.

Here's his full quote:

"Relax

You have won. Nobody is going to take your guns. This is America

You are free to have the weapon of your choice to shoot Congresswomen, Movie Theaters, Malls at Christmas and Kindergarten classrooms"

To which I raised the question since he addressed it to "America" which happens to include law abiding gun owners, as well as the fact that rightwinger has a penchant for categorizing people :

"You want to back him up and say that's why people buy guns and it's a reason to stop law abiding people from owning one?"

I say:

He's being flippant and implying that's the only reason people would want to hang onto their guns...to do and carry out acts like the aforementioned.

If you agree that's a true and accurate statement indicative of law abiding gun owners and if you still don't get it then:

I can't help you Madame. :eusa_shhh:

Last edited:
What do you guys think of some sort of mental stability test or inquiry prior to handgun purchases?

I'm not advocating it but I'm curious what you gun owners think.

Every officer, deputy, agent in every agency in our country should, and very likely has had, a psyhological evaluation - both written tests and at least one oral interview - prior to getting an offer of emplolyment wherer s/he will be armed. They also have had an extensive background investigation.

You have no right to refuse sensible gun control that does not violate the 2nd Amendment.

Your right to bear arms is not absolute.

Says who?

This is just it; we're living under a 226 year old business plan. The guys who wrote the plan were worried about the Crown forcing colonists to house soldiers and that concern elevated it's way up unto an amendment to the national constitution.

If you were starting from scratch in 2012, that wouldn't even make the top 500 issues you'd want to cover.

But somehow the 2nd amendment is not viewed in the tense on which it was written; it is in fact seen as absolute by the less enlightened.

What does shall not be infringe mean?
by definition the right to "bear" arms can be simplified as the right to carry arms. and this right shall not be "infringed" upon, or Act so as to limit or undermine. while the constitution does not specifically define what "arms" are, it can assumed they mean fire arms. but the constitution does not specify anything about the purchase or procurement of said arms, this is left open for interpretation. why is selling guns on the street illegal? why do you need a permit to be a fire arms dealer? why am i unable to purchase automatic weapons?

if the true and exact definition of the 2nd amendment is followed then citizens would be allowed to carry concealed weapons without regulations. however time and time again, the supreme court has ruled that rights are not absolute. the right to free speech doesnt extend to yelling fire in a crowded room. the right to religion does not allow for polygamy or child marriage, fefusing to give up your house if your local/ state/ county government wants to take through the process of eminent domain. (nobody shall be deprived of life, liberty or PROPERTY).

these are universally agreed up exceptions to the rights guaranteed by the constitution. however anytime anyone speak up regarding the 2nd amendment, we are told the its wording must be take literally and there are no exceptions to this nor are we able to have a sensible conversation about it.

Is anyone surprised at how quickly this tragedy is politicized BY BOTH SIDES?

Banning guns or buying more guns isn't going to do a thing to stop maniacs like this from going on rampages. The only defense is to have someone trained with arms to be able to put someone like this down BEFORE they can further such a rampage.

We have an armed police force in the schools here in Clark County. Would one of them been able to put a stop to this?

:cool:

Yes, arm the teachers who are willing to undergo special training in order to keep a gun in the classroom. Don't arm those who object to the concept. After he had seen a couple of these tragedies around the country, a teacher friend of mine, now retired, taught shop. He and his assistant built a concealed safe into the wall and had a couple of handguns stashed there, unbeknown to the administration or anybody else of course. But as he saw it, he was ready. Nobody was going to harm him or any kids he was responsible for if he could help it.
forcing someone to take a special class in order to carry a firearm would be a violation of the right to bear arms.

one would figure that the right would vehemently oppose any regulation of this type. damn sensible gun controls.

Right now, except for properly authorized law enforcement personnel, firearms are not allowed inside any school (or bar or courthouse or certain other venues) and that is not any kind of violation of the Second Amendment. I am required to take a special class in order to legally carry a concealed weapon in my state. If you go into the military you are required to take a lot of training in the proper use and maintenance of weapons assigned to you. Every law enforcement officer is required to take special trraining in proficiency and proper use of a weapon.

Surely it is not a violation of Second Amendment spirit or principle to rrequire a teacher who could be called on to use a weapon to protect the children to have the proper training to do that competently.
as some people have expressed, the things you list can be construed as a violation of the 2nd amendment.

i am actually in favor of sensible gun control (notice not gun elimination for you righties) these would include.

background checks for both public and private sales of all fire arms.
passage of a basic firearm safety class prior to the purchase of your first weapon. along with subsequent renewal of that license every (3-5 years) or so.
bans large capacity magazine (above 11 rounds)
bans on military style assault weapons (Federal Assault Weapons Ban - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)
ballistic testing of all manufactured weapons to be used in a centralized criminal data bases (like codis)

but then again no one from the right is even willing to have an adult conversation about this. the argument always comes back to simply because i have the right to.

Banning guns or buying more guns isn't going to do a thing to stop maniacs like this from going on rampages. The only defense is to have someone trained with arms to be able to put someone like this down BEFORE they can further such a rampage.

We have an armed police force in the schools here in Clark County. Would one of them been able to put a stop to this?

yeah putting an armed police force in all schools is a great idea, lets surround our kids with more guns not less. also, whos gonna pay for that?

I believe the right to bear arms being in the constitution just shows the stupidity of those who wrote it.

What do you guys think of some sort of mental stability test or inquiry prior to handgun purchases?

I'm not advocating it but I'm curious what you gun owners think.

Every officer, deputy, agent in every agency in our country should, and very likely has had, a psyhological evaluation - both written tests and at least one oral interview - prior to getting an offer of emplolyment wherer s/he will be armed. They also have had an extensive background investigation.

well then, how did you get thru? or don't they perform checks on Mall Cops:eusa_eh:

Sure are a lot of red herrings being posted on this message board today. The gun nuts aren't effected by the deaths of children, the grief of parents, grandparents, siblings; the impact on first responders, hospital staff, journalists and normal people who have empthy watching this horrific event unfold on TV.

For them, it is all about defending the Second Amendment and their right to own a gun. I guess its easy when one has no empathy, care more for the unfetterd right of anyone to obtain a gun then to dwell on what that means.

Fuck off, asswipe.

A cowardly little punk, threatened by debate on gun violence and my response, can only respond with vulgarity. How pitiful.
There's nothing to debate. You're a waste of cum and the poster child for abortion. End of story.

Is it really both sides? Why would the right even raise it first? Which likely means just who do you think brought "gun control" into the mix first? Why would gun owners raise it? No reason to.

So I'd think about who made this a political debate and why?

As to the rest, I mostly agree although I'm not sure what you're getting at regarding Clark County other than to say, who knows?

We are reeping the ill benefits of "SOCIAL ENGINEERING" now, so get used to it people...

I have solutions, but who am I right ? It's yet another sad sad day in America, but the solutions will get lost in the idiocy that will come next..

Last edited:

Forum List

Back