Another school shooting....time to arm the teachers?

What do you guys think of some sort of mental stability test or inquiry prior to handgun purchases?

I'm not advocating it but I'm curious what you gun owners think.

What do you guys think of some sort of mental stability test or inquiry prior to handgun purchases?

I was going to raise the same question what do they propose?

Better yet, in a perfect world let's say there are no guns yet this kook still wants to mass murder...how you going to stop him?

See guns are the scapegoat here for the anti-gun contingent.

i don't know about a test... but something that doesn't put guns into the hands of a nutter?

right now i think people are just trying to figure out how to prevent things like this. it may well be that they can't be prevented.

but if it's not discussed, it certainly won't be.

Sigh the simple solution is you lock all doors, and people need to be buzzed in. That will make it harder, but then you need a simple medal detector once inside. Mostly just for the adults coming in.

This would take funding, so not sure if people would be ok with it.

The easy fix to this is that there is no easy fix to this.

Yeah..funding. Exactly what the right wing doesn't want--to fund anything. Maybe the school can have bake sales. Just better have them indoors I guess.

Sorry I would not want to place my rights in the hand of a anti gun person who has a degree.

I'm sure the test could be formed by a bipartisan group comprised of people from all respective areas. Although the test would be somewhat superficial it could weed out a few potential murders.

Just a thought.

Sorry I would not want to place my rights in the hand of a anti gun person who has a degree.

I'm sure the test could be formed by a bipartisan group comprised of people from all respective areas. Although the test would be somewhat superficial it could weed out a few potential murders.

Just a thought.

Right non partisan. NO sale
I'll just remain armed everywhere I go, I suggest that all do the same.

More stupidity from RW. Anyone else starting to get the impression from RW's posts that he's around 14 years old?

No adult can be as much of a simpleton as this character. :confused::cool:

Feel free to point out the inaccuracy in his post.

Why? Can't you do it yourself?

"You are free to have the weapon of your choice to shoot Congresswomen, Movie Theaters, Malls at Christmas and Kindergarten classrooms.

You want to back him up and say that's why people buy guns and it's a reason to stop law abiding people from owning one?

Go right head.....and then check other some of his other "gems".

Again, tell me where he is inaccurate. I'm supposing you can't since you're not doing it.

Sigh the simple solution is you lock all doors, and people need to be buzzed in. That will make it harder, but then you need a simple medal detector once inside. Mostly just for the adults coming in.

Yeah..funding. Exactly what the right wing doesn't want--to fund anything. Maybe the school can have bake sales. Just better have them indoors I guess.

Most school funding issues are placed on local ballots. I would vote for an increase in sales taxes where the funds were directed for school security. Or property taxes in my area.

Just a thought.

notice that his problem was that the person would have a degree.

Yes, arm the teachers who are willing to undergo special training in order to keep a gun in the classroom. Don't arm those who object to the concept. After he had seen a couple of these tragedies around the country, a teacher friend of mine, now retired, taught shop. He and his assistant built a concealed safe into the wall and had a couple of handguns stashed there, unbeknown to the administration or anybody else of course. But as he saw it, he was ready. Nobody was going to harm him or any kids he was responsible for if he could help it.

A person who is willing to give up liberty for security, deserves neither liberty or security. End discussion.

The right lost that argument a long time ago, when they let Bush create "enemy combatants", gitmo and unwarranted electronic snooping.

And..no.

The 2nd amendment doesn't trump my right to a life.

Selling guns to crazies..is insane.

And allowing every idiot who thinks they are part of SWAT to walk the street, armed.

There's a case to be made for home and business defense.

There is none for turning all of America back into the Wild West.

Regardless of how everyone feels, this was 14 or so kindergarden kids, this changes the game for people.

No it doesn't.

Oakland school shooting suspect charged with 7 murders | abc7.com

Most people didn't even know it happened in Oakland earlier this year.

This changes nothing. Gun nuts will still say, get this, that if the entire citizenry were packing heat, there would be fewer gun deaths. As if saying that if we flooded the earth, we'd have more people who know how to swim.

Add up any industrialized group of countries in Europe where they have gun laws to equal our population. Compare gun deaths. Why are we so far ahead? It isn't because they are armed to the teeth and we're not.

Sure are a lot of red herrings being posted on this message board today. The gun nuts aren't effected by the deaths of children, the grief of parents, grandparents, siblings; the impact on first responders, hospital staff, journalists and normal people who have empthy watching this horrific event unfold on TV.

For them, it is all about defending the Second Amendment and their right to own a gun. I guess its easy when one has no empathy, care more for the unfetterd right of anyone to obtain a gun then to dwell on what that means.

Feel free to throw yourself between the shooter and his target next time

Oh, and go fuck yourself.

Looking at the reports, sounds like 8 adults did just that, Frank.

Just a thought.

notice that his problem was that the person would have a degree.

Are you saying someone would evaluate the mental state of a person who wasn't psychiatrist?

Most school funding issues are placed on local ballots. I would vote for an increase in sales taxes where the funds were directed for school security. Or property taxes in my area.

Good for you.

The moment the initiative was brought up, the first thing out of most people who think like you would be, "If we didn't have teachers unions...." You know it too.

Sure are a lot of red herrings being posted on this message board today. The gun nuts aren't effected by the deaths of children, the grief of parents, grandparents, siblings; the impact on first responders, hospital staff, journalists and normal people who have empthy watching this horrific event unfold on TV.

For them, it is all about defending the Second Amendment and their right to own a gun. I guess its easy when one has no empathy, care more for the unfetterd right of anyone to obtain a gun then to dwell on what that means.

Feel free to throw yourself between the shooter and his target next time

Oh, and go fuck yourself.

Looking at the reports, sounds like 8 adults did just that, Frank.

Wonder if they will make it into the old boy's Avatar.

Good for you.

The moment the initiative was brought up, the first thing out of most people who think like you would be, "If we didn't have teachers unions...." You know it too.

Two different issues.

Some states like mine require that you put your car through a safety inspection prior to getting it tagged. After today I am near certain we need something like this for gun purchases.

I don't and will never believe in a gun ban but gun control done right could save your childs life.

And I still believe a qualified teacher with a gun locked in a safe is a wise thing to do. Metal detectors would not stop someone intent on mass murder/suicide.

We have to test regularly to drive but not to own a weapon....

Some states like mine require that you put your car through a safety inspection prior to getting it tagged. After today I am near certain we need something like this for gun purchases.

I don't and will never believe in a gun ban but gun control done right could save your childs life.

And I still believe a qualified teacher with a gun locked in a safe is a wise thing to do. Metal detectors would not stop someone intent on mass murder/suicide.

We have to test regularly to drive but not to own a weapon....

No sale.

Forum List

Back